Author Topic: Top 50 Actors and Actresses Countdown: List of Crap #95  (Read 24320 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4989
  • Mr. Robot
Top 50 Actors and Actresses Countdown: List of Crap #95
« on: August 15, 2016, 02:30:33 AM »
So here we are.  It's been a long time coming, so I'm thankful to have so many people take part this time around.  As you might expect, with people having a lot of different tastes, there was also a wide range of actors to pull from.  This actually resulted in an interesting few things: two sets of ties, a low scoring game (not a bad thing, just unexpected)  and a number one that genuinely surprised me.  Trust me when I say EVERY vote counted.  So first, I want to thank all the participant.  Without each and every one of you, this wouldn't be the interesting, diverse list it was.  This time, I'm going to give info on the actor (IE, plagiarize wikipedia and imdb bios), a list of their most memorable roles, maybe have fun pointing out a lesser film in that actors career (but perhaps enjoyably lesser), point out a lesser known work by them you should check out (feel free to add to this) and come up with a role (even though some are dead), I'd like to see them in (feel free to add to that too, especially since while I'm familiar with everyone her, some are blind spots for me).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dmZSkWBJwBU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dmZSkWBJwBU</a>

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
Re: Top 50 Actors and Actresses Countdown: List of Crap #95
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:37:28 AM »
#50a
Albert Brooks

25 Points, 1 List, #1 Cole Stratton

Whozat?
Albert Lawrence Brooks (born Albert Lawrence Einstein; July 22, 1947) is an American actor, filmmaker and comedian. He received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor for 1987's Broadcast News. His voice acting credits include Marlin in Finding Nemo (2003) and Finding Dory (2016), and recurring guest voices for The Simpsons, including Russ Cargill in The Simpsons Movie (2007).  Additionally, he has directed, written, and starred in several comedy films, such as Modern Romance (1981), Lost in America (1985), and Defending Your Life (1991) and is the author of 2030: The Real Story of What Happens to America (2011).

Brooks attended Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, but dropped out after one year to focus on his comedy career. By the age of 19, he had changed his professional name to Albert Brooks, joking that "the real Albert Einstein changed his name to sound more intelligent".  He began a comedy career that quickly made him a regular on variety and talk shows during the late 1960s and early 1970s. Brooks led a new generation of self-reflective baby-boomer comics appearing on NBC's The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. His onstage persona, that of an egotistical, narcissistic, nervous comic, an ironic showbiz insider who punctured himself before an audience by disassembling his mastery of comedic stagecraft, influenced other '70s post-modern comedians, including Steve Martin, Martin Mull and Andy Kaufman.

You Might Remember Him As...
Marlin, the Clown Fish from Finding Nemo, Hank Scorpio (and many others) on the Simpsons (the only guest who was allowed to improv on the show), Aaron Altman from Broadcast News, Bernie Rose from Drive (it's always the funny guys who can be surprisingly scary villains)

Try Not to Remember Him From
The remake of the In-Laws.  Unless you are really into gay panic humour.

Hey, Don't Forget to Check Out
I feel like I haven't seen enough the the films he also wrote and directed, but one of them, Defending Your Life, is a great movie with a unique but interesting take on the afterlife.  Also, it's a small role, but I think his appearance with Dan Aykroyd in Twilight Zone: The Movie might be the best part of the movie.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ngvbQoJ5Mzo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ngvbQoJ5Mzo</a>

Coming Up

Nothing coming up, but he was recently in both Finding Dory and the Secret Life of Pets.  So he basically monopolized the animated Summer movies.  Well played.

Casting Idea

I have no specific dream role in mind, but I would love his he did some mockumentary shorts for Netflix (maybe in the style of Ted Talks).  Also, he would make a great Paul Sheldon on a stage play of Misery (which exists.  Does anyone know if it is a good play?)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A5xTu6AMxq4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A5xTu6AMxq4</a>

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 123
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:44:13 AM »
It has begun!! (to quote the film Mortal Kombat)

Albert Brooks is in both Taxi Driver and Drive, how about that.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »
Brooks would certainly be better than Bruce Wilis apparently was.

Everything I heard about Misery focused on performances which tells me the script is probably alright if given to other people.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 08:11:48 AM »
#50b
Dennis Hopper

25 Points, 1 List, #1 Psycho Goatee

Whozat?
With an amazing cinematic career of more than five decades, Dennis Hopper was a multi-talented and unconventional actor/director, regarded by many as one of the true "enfants terribles" of Hollywood. Hopper was born on May 17, 1936 in Dodge City, Kansas, to Marjorie Mae (Davis) and James Millard Hopper. The young Hopper expressed interest in acting from a young age and first appeared in a slew of 1950s television series, including Medic (1954), Cheyenne (1955) and Sugarfoot (1957). His first film role was in Johnny Guitar (1954), which was quickly followed by roles in Rebel Without a Cause (1955), Giant (1956) and Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957). Hopper actually became good friends with James Dean and was shattered when Dean was killed in a car crash on September 30, 1955.

Hopper portrayed a young Napoléon Bonaparte (!) in the star-spangled The Story of Mankind (1957) and regularly appeared on screen throughout the 1960s, often in rather undemanding parts, usually as a villain in westerns such as True Grit (1969) and Hang 'Em High (1968). However, in early 1969, Hopper, fellow actor Peter Fonda and writer Terry Southern, wrote a counterculture road movie script and managed to scrape together $400,000 in financial backing. Hopper directed the low-budget film, titled Easy Rider (1969), starring Fonda, Hopper and a young Jack Nicholson. The film was a phenomenal box-office success, appealing to the anti-establishment youth culture of the times. It changed the Hollywood landscape almost overnight and major studios all jumped onto the anti-establishment bandwagon, pumping out low-budget films about rebellious hippies, bikers, draft dodgers and pot smokers. However, Hopper's next directorial effort, The Last Movie (1971), was a critical and financial failure, and he has admitted that during the 1970s he was seriously abusing various substances, both legal and illegal, which led to a downturn in the quality of his work. He appeared in a sparse collection of European-produced films over the next eight years, before cropping up in a memorable performance as a pot-smoking photographer alongside Marlon Brando and Martin Sheen in Francis Ford Coppola's Vietnam War epic Apocalypse Now (1979).   He also received acclaim for his work in both acting and direction for Out of the Blue (1980).

With these two notable efforts, the beginning of the 1980s saw a renaissance of interest by Hollywood in the talents of Dennis Hopper and exorcising the demons of drugs and alcohol via a rehabilitation program meant a return to invigorating and provoking performances.  Hopper returned to film direction in the late 1980s and was at the helm of the controversial gang film Colors (1988), which was well received by both critics and audiences.   As well as his acting/directing talents, Hopper was a skilled photographer and painter, having had his works displayed in galleries in both the United States and overseas. He was additionally a dedicated and knowledgeable collector of modern art and has one of the most extensive collections in the United States. Dennis Hopper died of prostate cancer on May 29, 2010, less than two weeks after his 74th birthday.

Frank Booth in Blue Velvet, Billy in Easy Rider, The Photojournalist from Apocalypse Now, The Evil Bus from Speed.

Hopper has done a lot of bad movies but appearing in An American Carol seems particularly egregious.

Land of the Dead is probably the last good George Romero in it and Dennis Hopper is a fun in it.  It's not one of his greats, but it is a lot of fun.

Coming Up
Despite being deceased, he actually has two films in the future: the never released Orson Welles film The Other Side of the Wind and the comedy The Last Film Festival.

Casting Idea

He's an actor who feels like he should have been in a Tim and Eric project, but somehow never was.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1kqFwVuQ-Hg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1kqFwVuQ-Hg</a>

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 09:12:30 AM »
#50c
Leslie Nielson

25 Points, 1 List, #1 Pak-Man

Whozat?

Leslie William Nielsen, OC (11 February 1926 – 28 November 2010) was a Canadian actor, comedian, and producer.  He appeared in more than 100 films and 150 television programs, portraying more than 220 characters.

Leslie William Nielsen was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, and raised in Tulita (formerly Fort Norman), Northwest Territories. His mother, Mabel Elizabeth (Davies), was Welsh. His father, Ingvard Eversen Nielsen, was a Danish-born Mountie and a strict disciplinarian. Leslie studied at the Academy of Radio Arts in Toronto before moving on to New York's Neighborhood Playhouse. His acting career started at a much earlier age when he was forced to lie to his father in order to avoid severe punishment. Leslie starred in over fifty films and many more television films. One of his two brothers became the Deputy Prime Minister of Canada. In 2002, he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in recognition of his contributions to the film and television industries. Leslie Nielsen died at age 84 of complications from pneumonia on November 28, 2010.

Although his notable performances in the films Forbidden Planet and The Poseidon Adventure gave him standing as a serious actor, Nielsen later gained enduring recognition for his deadpan comedy roles during the 1980s and the early 1990s, after being cast against type for the Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker comedy film Airplane!. Nielsen specialized in his portrayal of characters oblivious to and complicit in their absurd surroundings, which gave him a reputation as a comedian.  Airplane! marked Nielsen's turning point, which made him "the Olivier of spoofs" according to film critic Roger Ebert; his work on the film also led to further success in the genre with The Naked Gun film series, which are based on their earlier short-lived television series Police Squad!, in which he also starred. Nielsen received a variety of awards and was inducted into the Canada and Hollywood Walks of Fame.

Frank Drebin in Police Squad and the Naked Gun, Dr. Rumak in Airplane!, Commander John J. Adams in Forbidden Planet, Captain Poiseidon in the Poiseidon Adventure.

Hoo-boy, where to begin.  He wasn't picky about the spoof movies he was in.  I guess I'll say "Stan Helsing"

His work in the Creepshow is pitch perfect.  I feel like it is the perfect balance between the serious Nielson of earlier films and the sillier Nielson of the later years.  And he does a great job as a hateable villain.

Last Appearance
His last film was the direct-to-video Stonerville (the name of which itself acts as a big "Keep Away" sign.)

Casting Idea

It's a shame he never found the voice again where he could play comedy straight.  If he could, then he would be great as a deadpan character in Arrested Development.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ixljWVyPby0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ixljWVyPby0</a>

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 123
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 09:40:04 AM »
Wowsers, definitely gonna be a stacked and interesting list with these heavy hitters at #50 with one vote each.

Just saw River's Edge recently, really great movie, Dennis Hopper is great in that. And gotta love Leslie Nielsen, been meaning to pop in The Naked Gun DVD again sometime, and of course love Police Squad and everything.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:41:59 AM by PsychoGoatee »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 05:49:26 PM »
Christopher Walken

25 Points, 2 Lists, #7 Psycho Goatee

Whozat?

Nervous-looking lead and supporting actor of the American stage and films, with sandy colored hair, pale complexion and a somewhat nervous disposition. He won an Oscar as Best Supporting Actor for his performance in The Deer Hunter (1978), and has been seen in mostly supporting roles, often portraying psychologically unstable characters, though that generalization would not do justice to Walken's depth and breadth of performances.

Walken was born in Astoria, Queens, to Rosalie (Russell), a Scottish immigrant, and Paul Walken, a German immigrant who ran Walken's Bakery. He learnt his stage craft, including dancing, at Hofstra University & ANTA, and picked up a Theatre World award for his performance in the revival of the Tennessee Williams play "The Rose Tattoo". Walken then first broke through into cinema in 1969 appearing in Me and My Brother (1969), before appearing alongside Sean Connery in the sleeper heist movie The Anderson Tapes (1971). His eclectic work really came to the attention of critics in 1977 with his intense portrayal of Diane Keaton suicidal younger brother in Annie Hall (1977), and then he scooped the Best Supporting Actor Academy Award in 1977 for his role as Nick in the electrifying The Deer Hunter (1978). Walken was lured back by The Deer Hunter (1978) director Michael Cimino for a role in the financially disastrous western Heaven's Gate (1980), before moving onto surprise audiences with his wonderful dance skills in Pennies from Heaven (1981), taking the lead as a school teacher with telepathic abilities in the Stephen King inspired The Dead Zone (1983) and then as billionaire industrialist Max Zorin trying to blow up Silicon Valley in the 007 adventure A View to a Kill (1985). Looking at many of Walken's other captivating screen roles, it is easy to see the diversity of his range and even his droll comedic talents with humorous appearances in Biloxi Blues (1988), Wayne's World 2 (1993), Joe Dirt (2001), Mousehunt (1997) and America's Sweethearts (2001). Most recently, he continued to surprise audiences again with his work as a heart broken and apologetic father to Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can (2002).

Nick in the Deer Hunter, Johnny Smith in The Dead Zone, Duane Hall in Annie Hall,  The Guy who Wants More Cowbell in True Romance

Gigli. I mean, his "do not watch" things are a long list, but this is something else.

I've never actually seen the Rundown, but I hear that it's a better movie than you might think.

Coming Up
His most recent film was Nine Lives, the film where they thought "You know what Kevin Spacey hasn't done?  Played a talking cat."  WHO WAS THIS MOVIE FOR?!

Casting Idea

There's an American Gods series coming out and if they ever do a spin-off adaption of the more comical Anansi Boys, Walken would be great as the voice of Tiger.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cfHAiIq-Yeo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cfHAiIq-Yeo</a>

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2569
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
 So the kicking myself starts early, how could I forget Leslie Nielson....  Not sure he would have made it into my top 25 but I forgot him on my top 40-50 list that I sorted down.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 485
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 09:20:53 PM »
Interesting way to kick off the list.  :o

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 10:19:47 PM »
Walter Matthau

27 Points, 2 Lists, #9 Johnny Unusual

Whozat?

Walter Matthau (October 1, 1920 – July 1, 2000) was an American actor and comedian, best known for his role as Oscar Madison in The Odd Couple and his frequent collaborations with Odd Couple co-star Jack Lemmon. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the 1966 Billy Wilder film The Fortune Cookie. Besides the Oscar, he was the winner of BAFTA, Golden Globe and Tony awards.

His mother, Rose (née Berolsky), was a Lithuanian Jewish immigrant who worked in a garment sweatshop, and his father, Milton Matthow, was a Russian Jewish peddler and electrician, from Kiev, Ukraine.  As part of a lifelong love of practical jokes, Matthau himself created the rumors that his middle name was Foghorn and his last name was originally Matuschanskayasky (under which he is credited for a cameo role in the film Earthquake).

During World War II, Matthau served in the U.S. Army Air Forces with the Eighth Air Force in Britain as a B-24 Liberator radioman-gunner, in the same 453rd Bombardment Group as James Stewart. He was based at RAF Old Buckenham, Norfolk during this time. He reached the rank of staff sergeant and became interested in acting.

He took classes in acting at the Dramatic Workshop of the New School with German director Erwin Piscator. He often joked that his best early review came in a play where he posed as a derelict. One reviewer said, "The others just looked like actors in make-up, Walter Matthau really looks like a skid row bum!" Matthau was a respected stage actor for years in such fare as Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? and A Shot in the Dark. He won the 1962 Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a play.

Morris Buttermaker in the Bad News Bears, Oscar Madison in the Odd Couple, "Whiplash" Willie in the Fortune Cookie, Old Man 1 in Grumpy Old Men

The Odd Couple II: The Quickening.

I feel like people don't talk about The Taking of Pelham One-Two-Three enough.  I mean, in the know film fans know it, but I feel this should be in the lexicon of casual viewers in the same way Jaws is.  It's a super-great movie.  Also, he's great in Failsafe, a geat movie that had the misfortune of having its thunder stolen by Dr. Strangelove.

Last Appearance
His last film was the forgettable Hanging Up.

Casting Idea

I'm not the biggest Aaron Sorkin fan but I think he might have done good in an Aaron Sorkin film (sort of as a counterpoint to some of the more mouthpiece-y characters).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0LeYkEK9rY8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0LeYkEK9rY8</a>

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 10:45:28 PM »
Richard Dreyfuss

27 Points, 2 Lists, #3 Russoguru

Whozat?

Richard Stephen Dreyfuss (born October 29, 1947) is an American actor best known for starring in American Graffiti, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, The Goodbye Girl, and Mr. Holland's Opus.

Dreyfuss won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1977 for The Goodbye Girl (1977), and was nominated in 1995 for Mr. Holland's Opus. He has also won a Golden Globe Award, a BAFTA Award, and was nominated in 2002 for Screen Actors Guild Awards in the Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series and Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries categories.

Dreyfuss was born in Brooklyn, New York, the son of Geraldine Dreyfus (née Robbins; 1921-2000), a peace activist, and Norman Dreyfus (1920-2013), an attorney and restaurateur, and was raised in the Bayside area of Queens, New York.  Dreyfuss was born Jewish.  He has commented that he "grew up thinking that Alfred Dreyfus and [he] are from the same family." His father disliked New York, and moved the family first to Europe[clarification needed], and later to Los Angeles, California, when Dreyfuss was nine. Dreyfuss attended Beverly Hills High School.

Dreyfuss began acting in his youth, at Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills Arts Center and Westside Jewish Community Center, under drama teacher Bill Miller.  He debuted in the TV production In Mama's House, when he was fifteen. He attended San Fernando Valley State College, now California State University, Northridge, for a year, and was a conscientious objector during the Vietnam War, working in alternate service for two years, as a clerk in a Los Angeles hospital. During this time, he acted in a few small TV roles on shows, Peyton Place, Gidget, That Girl, Bewitched, and The Big Valley. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, he also performed on stage on Broadway, Off-Broadway, repertory, and improvisational theater.

Dreyfuss appeared in the play The Time of Your Life, which was revived on March 17, 1972 at the Huntington Hartford Theater in Los Angeles, and directed by Edwin Sherin.

Dreyfuss's first film role was a small, uncredited appearance in The Graduate. He had one line, "Shall I get the cops? I'll get the cops". He was also briefly seen as a stage hand in Valley of the Dolls (1967), in which he had a few lines. He appeared in the subsequent Dillinger, and landed a role in the 1973 hit American Graffiti, acting with other future stars such as Harrison Ford and Ron Howard.[9] Dreyfuss played his first lead role in the Canadian film The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (1974), receiving positive reviews, including praise from Pauline Kael.

Dreyfuss went on to star in the box office blockbusters Jaws (1975) and Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), both directed by Steven Spielberg. He won the 1978 Academy Award for Best Actor at the 50th Academy Awards ceremony for his portrayal of a struggling actor in The Goodbye Girl (1977), becoming the youngest actor to do so (at the age of 30 years, 125 days old), besting Marlon Brando, who had won his first Oscar in 1955 at the age of 30 years 360 days old.[9] This record stood for 25 years until it was broken in 2003 by Adrien Brody, who was three weeks shy of age 30 at the time of the 75th Academy Awards ceremony.

Matt Hooper in Jaws, Elliot Garfield in the Goodbye Girl, Roy Neary in Close Encounters of the Third Kind and The Country of Holland in Mr. Holland's Opus.

Kippendorf's Tribe.  Even as a young teen I knew I was watching a REALLY bad movie and I had NO taste at that age.

I've heard Down and Out in Beverly Hills is a pretty fun movie, though I admit, I've never seen it.

Coming Up
He will appear in the miniseries Shots Fired, focusing on a racially charged police shooting in which he plays a real estate mogul.

Casting Idea

I feel like he should have been in a Coens movie, by now, playing an aging, stern patriarch.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xj_B5wblQC0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xj_B5wblQC0</a>

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 11:01:27 PM »
Patrick Stewart

27 Points, 3 Lists, #12 Johnny Unusual

Whozat?

Sir Patrick Stewart was born in Mirfield, Yorkshire, England, to Gladys (Barrowclough), a textile worker and weaver, and Alfred Stewart, who was in the army. He was a member of various local drama groups from about age 12. He left school at age 15 to work as a junior reporter on a local paper; he quit when his editor told him he was spending too much time at the theatre and not enough working. Stewart spent a year as a furniture salesman, saving cash to attend drama school. He was accepted by Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in 1957. He made his professional debut in 1959 in the repertory theatre in Lincoln; he worked at the Manchester Library Theatre and a tour around the world with the Old Vic Company followed in the early 1960s. Stewart joined the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1966, to begin his 27-year association. Following a spell with the Royal National Theatre in the mid 1980s, he went to Los Angeles, California to star on Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987), which ran from 1987-1994, playing the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard. After the series ended, Stewart reprised his role for a string of successful Star Trek films: Star Trek: Generations (1994), Star Trek: First Contact (1996), Star Trek: Insurrection (1998), and Star Trek: Nemesis (2002). Stewart continues to work on the stage and in various films. He was awarded Knight Bachelor of the Order of the British Empire in the 2010 Queen's New Year's Honours List for his services to drama.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Sejanus in I, Claudius, Bullock in American Dad!, Professor X-Men in the X-Men

Gnomeo and Juliet (though I hear he's the best part of that movie)

I rewatched L.A. Story and while a lot of it feels really dated, Patrick Stewart has a great small role as a Mait're D!

Coming Up

He will appear in the next Wolverine sequel, a space monkey movie called Spark and a movie called Wilde Wedding (not about Oscar Wilde's ghost trying to take advantage of the new marriage laws, sadly enough)

Casting Idea

Has he ever played Prospero?  It feels like he should.  Also, a movie were Ian McKellen and he play an adorable couple!  Please!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fg_cwI1Xj4M" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Fg_cwI1Xj4M</a>

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2569
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 12:24:29 AM »
Another fun Richard Dreyfuss comedy to check out is Let It Ride, with Teri Garr and Jennifer Tilly.

Wow, only 3 lists with Sir Patrick?  And no mention of Dune, some folk around here ain't gonna like that... ;D   If you can find the long version of the TV miniseries Moby Dick he is great in that, there's a short version that came out first on DVD that was edited poorly.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:33:22 AM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 12:59:54 AM »
Another fun Richard Dreyfuss comedy to check out is Let It Ride, with Teri Garr and Jennifer Tilly.

Wow, only 3 lists with Sir Patrick?  And no mention of Dune, some folk around here ain't gonna like that... ;D

If RVR wanted me to mention it, he should have participated.