Author Topic: Olympics 2016  (Read 603 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Olympics 2016
« on: August 12, 2016, 06:53:23 PM »
Anyone watching?

Swimming has been fun to watch.

Cool that they have the beach volleyball stadium actually on the beach.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
Re: Olympics 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 12:50:18 PM »
This is the first Olympics I haven't really been able to watch.  Don't have cable or the time to sit down and watch streaming online, and it's one of the things I've been missing about regular TV.  Still heard a lot of good things about it...though I will admit I like to watch the events that NBC never focuses on (the skeet/target shooting, boxing, weightlifting, fencing, karate, and so forth).  I did have TV in 2012, and I got to see more of that stuff than I ever did before, and it was glorious.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
Sling TV has all the NBC channels, so you could sign up for the 7 day free trial of the blue package and then cancel after the closing ceremonies...

I signed up opening weekend, so I'll be paying for at least on month ($25), I'll see if I use it at all after the Olympics and want to keep it, but probably not.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:04:42 AM »
 I felt something was "off" when watching Lochte tell his robbery story, now it seems they may have made it up to cover up a fight they got into.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 08:40:24 AM »
As much as I travel to Mexico, I try my best to keep from getting locked up abroad but these guys.. Well, I hope they don't spend too long in a Brazilian jail :-\

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »
Lochte already fled the country, I doubt he would be extradited over something so minor.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »
Lochte already fled the country, I doubt he would be extradited over something so minor.
I don't think he got out.. I heard they stopped him from boarding and is in custody in Rio :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 08:06:24 PM »
I don't think he got out.. I heard they stopped him from boarding and is in custody in Rio :o

He did get out, he has been partying in the US while the other 3 are in custody.  Two of them were taken off the plane they were on before it took off for the US, but he was on an earlier flight.