Author Topic: Return to the Sad Cafe  (Read 3133 times)

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 737
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Re: Return to the Sad Cafe
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2019, 03:05:09 PM »
Thank you, all of you, for your kind words and condolences. Death does indeed suck.

This has been a long time coming. What upsets me most is that his 1 year old grandson will have no memory of him. Much like how I have no memory of my Grandfather, who died when I was a month old.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2019, 02:34:51 PM »
I'm no longer engaged. We're still together... but we want different things out of life... I want kids, I really, really want kids, and she doesn't... and I just like... can't marry her if I have to give that up. fucking hurts and I've been crying for like an hour. I'm gonna go have a cigarette

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2019, 03:50:10 PM »
I'm no longer engaged. We're still together... but we want different things out of life... I want kids, I really, really want kids, and she doesn't... and I just like... can't marry her if I have to give that up. fucking hurts and I've been crying for like an hour. I'm gonna go have a cigarette

I liked your post because I think you made the right decision. I don’t know all the details of your situation, but starting off by sacrificing something you want is not a good way to start. I’m sure it was a horribly tough decision, but better to do it now instead of after you’ve been married for 5 years and just can’t stand it any more because you’ve been bottling things up that you thought you’d be able to contain. I’ve been though that. It’s not fun.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2019, 06:39:52 PM »

I liked your post because I think you made the right decision. I don’t know all the details of your situation, but starting off by sacrificing something you want is not a good way to start. I’m sure it was a horribly tough decision, but better to do it now instead of after you’ve been married for 5 years and just can’t stand it any more because you’ve been bottling things up that you thought you’d be able to contain. I’ve been though that. It’s not fun.

Yeah, that's basically where I'm at. It hurts and sucks, but like, it was the right call

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2019, 08:28:32 PM »
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that Lesbunny.  :(

Online CJones

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2019, 08:03:16 PM »
Have you ever looked into adoption Lesbunny? I have an aunt who, along with her, for lack of a better term, life partner, adopted a baby girl from China back in 2000. I don't know if that's still a thing, but back then China had a hugely disproportionate number of female orphans, due to their "one child per couple" law. It's very expensive, but that's true of any child.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2019, 10:54:14 PM »
Have you ever looked into adoption Lesbunny? I have an aunt who, along with her, for lack of a better term, life partner, adopted a baby girl from China back in 2000. I don't know if that's still a thing, but back then China had a hugely disproportionate number of female orphans, due to their "one child per couple" law. It's very expensive, but that's true of any child.

Lot harder to adopt as a single parent than as a couple, as far as I know. The main issue is that she didn't want kids at ALL, whereas I did.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2019, 12:19:33 AM »
It’s been about a year since the last time I saw my Dad alive, and I’m about to go on the same business trip I’ve taken the last three years, which I always get to expand into a short vacation to see family.

It’s been rough enough to think back to last year, but now I’ve found out that my Mom was just in the hospital. After over a decade cancer free, it turns out her cancer has returned and this time is inoperable. It’s spread to several organs, and she now requires 24 hour care. She is a fiercely independent and proud woman, so it’s been torture for her beyond the physical pain. She is getting second opinions and looking for whatever treatments are available, but as it stands the first doctor to see her estimated she has three to six months.

I’m extending my trip so I can spend time with her and help. I’m trying not to think that it might be the last time I see her just like last years trip was the last I saw Dad.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2019, 05:33:47 AM »
I’ve been able to see Mom a few times. In the time it took me to get to Ohio she had been discharged from one hospital and then after a day at home admitted to another one. It turns out she was building up fluid in her lungs the entire first hospital stay and they did nothing about it, so she was suffering from heart failure being left totally untreated.

The new hospital is treating her far better, but she is extremely weak. We’re hoping she can be transferred to a rehab facility soon to get her strength back up. She still wants to try radiation and chemo, but the doctors won’t even consider it unless she gets stronger.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2019, 06:38:36 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that Ronin. I really hope things work out and she gets better soon. Just remember I'm here for you too.

Online CJones

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2019, 09:19:47 PM »
Good God Ronin, I don't envy your position. I'm dealing with my own dad's death right now, and I thank God my mom is still in good health. To potentially lose both parents within a year of each other must be a nightmare.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4484
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2019, 08:25:00 PM »