Author Topic: Vol XXXVII  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2170
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Vol XXXVII
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »
Shout Factory's offering a bonus DVD for preorders again. This time with the Golden Statue and Acadamy of Robot's Choice specials. Based on how the value of the last bonus disc skyrocketed on eBay, I wouldn't recommend waiting...

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1464
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »
Shout Factory's offering a bonus DVD for preorders again. This time with the Golden Statue and Acadamy of Robot's Choice specials. Based on how the value of the last bonus disc skyrocketed on eBay, I wouldn't recommend waiting...

Yeah I jumped on it as soon as they posted the preorder.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 138
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 02:45:22 PM »
819- INVASION OF THE NEPTUNE MEN

They blew up the Hitler building!

Hey, there's now only 14 (not counting KTMA) episodes left.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7815
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »

Holy shit. That's crazy.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 08:28:03 PM »
I love "Escape 2000"...Toblerone's crazyness, vampire/ratling reporter, little kid blowing everything up and a hero that looks like he has half the smarts and half the bulk of Jon Mikl Thor...what's not to love?  I also like "Human Duplicators" but that's only because I remember Jaws/Eegah/Richard Kiel fondly.  "Horror of Party Beach" is black and white goofy 60's man in suit fun.  "Neptune Men" is really the only one I don't care for.

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 17
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 07:34:27 AM »

18, not 14, though that's still an impressive number.

Unfortunately, judging from the Likelihood for Release thread over on forrestcrow.proboards.com ( http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/thread/6297/likelihood-shout-factory-release-list ), it looks like set 38 will be the last one they can easily fill, before they're left with the ones that are either harder-to-get or the ones owned by people who flat-out refuse to sell.
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1464
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 11:13:25 AM »

18, not 14, though that's still an impressive number.

Unfortunately, judging from the Likelihood for Release thread over on forrestcrow.proboards.com ( http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/thread/6297/likelihood-shout-factory-release-list ), it looks like set 38 will be the last one they can easily fill, before they're left with the ones that are either harder-to-get or the ones owned by people who flat-out refuse to sell.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 193
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 11:07:59 AM »
OK, just posting a bit of bad news, good news...

I found the other day that my Incredible Melting Man was cracked.  I don't know what happened, but the disc was definitely unplayable (the crack went right into the data of the disc).  I was fairly upset because I really like that episode, and I thought I may have to buy the set again just to replace it.

But, then I contacted Shout.  After a few back and forths, they actually ended up sending me a replacement disc.  Because I bought through them, they were able to see my receipt and could send me a new copy.

You know, it may be more expensive to pre-order directly through them, but I'm incredibly glad that I did this time.  Considering when the set was released (and even after I explained that the crack wasn't the result of shipping issues), I didn't think a replacement disc was possible, but they really stepped up.  I've always liked the (old) Rhino and Shout! Factory and what they do, but if I had bought this set at Best Buy, I really would've been out of luck.  Sometimes, it pays to go that little extra distance.

I'm just really glad it wasn't the Summer Blockbuster disc...something tells me that would've been a little harder to get. ;)
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 11:14:47 AM »
OK, just posting a bit of bad news, good news...

I found the other day that my Incredible Melting Man was cracked.  I don't know what happened, but the disc was definitely unplayable (the crack went right into the data of the disc).  I was fairly upset because I really like that episode, and I thought I may have to buy the set again just to replace it.

But, then I contacted Shout.  After a few back and forths, they actually ended up sending me a replacement disc.  Because I bought through them, they were able to see my receipt and could send me a new copy.

You know, it may be more expensive to pre-order directly through them, but I'm incredibly glad that I did this time.  Considering when the set was released (and even after I explained that the crack wasn't the result of shipping issues), I didn't think a replacement disc was possible, but they really stepped up.  I've always liked the (old) Rhino and Shout! Factory and what they do, but if I had bought this set at Best Buy, I really would've been out of luck.  Sometimes, it pays to go that little extra distance.

I'm just really glad it wasn't the Summer Blockbuster disc...something tells me that would've been a little harder to get. ;)
Wow, that's impressive. Good for them.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »
Invasion of the Neptune Men seems to be defective..?
My DVD is terribly pixelated with video anomalies throughout. Can anyone else confirm they are seeing this?
I will post screen shots later.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 5
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 06:34:23 PM »
Invasion of the Neptune Men seems to be defective..?
My DVD is terribly pixelated with video anomalies throughout. Can anyone else confirm they are seeing this?
I will post screen shots later.

Mine is fine. Better call Shout Factory and tell them what's up.