Author Topic: Discovered my wife has Ovarian cancer  (Read 4461 times)

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Discovered my wife has Ovarian cancer
« on: July 06, 2016, 04:28:56 AM »
I hate asking people for money but in this case, I'm exploring any and all avenues for financial help to pay for my wife's newly discovered Ovarian cancer treatment..
https://www.gofundme.com/2cvq99w
She's in Mexico getting the treatment (and because she has no insurance here in the U.S.) and with the Peso being worth around $19 Pesos to $1 USD currently, it will go a much longer way down there to pay for her surgery and chemotherapy.
If you can help, Thank You :'(

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
Re: Discovered my wife has Ovarian cancer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 05:23:20 AM »
I'll give something soon.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 07:07:03 AM »
I'll give something soon.
If you are able to that's great but you don't have to.
I really appreciate it :)

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 02:09:59 PM »
Until the end of July, all proceeds from QuipTracks products will be donated to RVR II to help pay for his wife's cancer treatment. Let's pitch in and help out a valued, long-standing member of this community!
Travel back to a time when wenches were simple, ones were dark, and kings greeted you with a smile. IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 NOW AVAILABLE from QuipTracks!

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 02:28:40 PM »
Until the end of July, all proceeds from QuipTracks products will be donated to RVR II to help pay for his wife's cancer treatment. Let's pitch in and help out a valued, long-standing member of this community!
Wow, I'm tearing up from this.. :'(
Thank you very much for this :)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:34:09 PM »
Sent you a little something.  Wish her well for us.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 04:23:46 AM »
Sent you a little something.  Wish her well for us.
Thank you. Will do. :)

Offline Russoguru

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Anger is the shortest distance to a mistake.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »
I'm so sorry RVR. :( I can't do much beyond expressing my best, warmest wishes for her, you and your family.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »
I'm so sorry RVR. :( I can't do much beyond expressing my best, warmest wishes for her, you and your family.
That's fine. Thanks!
We're both coping as best we can.. She's there in Mexico getting treatment and I'm here trying to manage the monthly bills and finish unfinished work for clients :-[

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 05:53:14 PM »
I am very sorry, RVR II.  I hope that it has been caught in time for a safe recovery.

[I almost never click the 'Unread' link, so don't see new threads independent of those I've followed for years, and with my recent condition, I've not visited the RRAARRGGHH or psychology threads for a while, so I only just learned of this.  Then I found and read the Order of the League thread on it before posting.]

Wonderful what the OotL group and others are doing, donating their proceeds.  Since I already own all the QT riffs, I'll have to buckle down and finally review some more of those that I haven't managed to review yet while Asbestos Bill's offer stands.  Hats off to all of your for your generosity.

Again, my best wishes for an optimal outcome for your wife.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 06:06:56 PM »
I am very sorry, RVR II.  I hope that it has been caught in time for a safe recovery.

[I almost never click the 'Unread' link, so don't see new threads independent of those I've followed for years, and with my recent condition, I've not visited the RRAARRGGHH or psychology threads for a while, so I only just learned of this.  Then I found and read the Order of the League thread on it before posting.]

Wonderful what the OotL group and others are doing, donating their proceeds.  Since I already own all the QT riffs, I'll have to buckle down and finally review some more of those that I haven't managed to review yet while Asbestos Bill's offer stands.  Hats off to all of your for your generosity.

Again, my best wishes for an optimal outcome for your wife.
Thank you very much for your support Lucas :)

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 08:36:00 PM »
Did her UT infection clear up yet?  Will they still do the surgery Sunday if it hasn't?

FYI:  They can only guess at the stage using scans (for early stages), visual observation is needed so after the surgery they should know.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 03:20:05 AM »
Did her UT infection clear up yet?  Will they still do the surgery Sunday if it hasn't?

FYI:  They can only guess at the stage using scans (for early stages), visual observation is needed so after the surgery they should know.
I believe it has cleared up.. She hasn't told me as the last few days were talking about business matters, getting client taxes finished and ready to send out.. Her sister from Charlotte was here yesterday for several hours helping me out.
I will confirm with her today if she is over her urinary track infection today as her surgery is still scheduled for Sunday morning 8am CST.

Yeah after surgery they should have a better idea about the cancer.. As far as I know, she could be transfered to Acapulco for chemo shortly after surgery possibly sometime this coming week.

I will know more and will post another video update sometime Sunday afternoon or evening hopefully
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:22:21 AM by RVR II »

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 12:45:40 PM »
Well my wife was scheduled for surgery around 8am CST today but was bumped by a guy that was in a bad accident and had to have his arm amputated :speechless:
So she's still waiting at the hospital in Iguala Mexico :-[

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 01:22:01 PM »
Based on the biopsy results, she has Stage 3 cancer and it's aggressive. I'm an emotional mess right now..
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gQ2-hj-PnDI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gQ2-hj-PnDI</a>