Author Topic: List of Crap: Top 50 Film Series Countdown!  (Read 17357 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5182
  • Mr. Robot
Re: List of Crap: Top 50 Film Series Countdown!
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2016, 09:26:26 PM »
Fun list! Here's mine -- though I guess my Iron Man and X-Men separate entries get lumped into the one big Marvel one?

No, the X-Men are in their own movie universe (so for legal reasons, don't look for Wolverine and Cap teaming up real soon) and I also counted individual series within the larger Marvel series their own entries (as in, the MCU can be seen as a modular franchise made of other franchises).  I did do some lumping though (some just said Universal monsters and another said Universal Frankenstein so I lumped 'em).

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3211
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2016, 10:31:54 PM »
Awesome list! Here's mine:

1. Star Wars
2. Marvel Cinematic Universe
3. Lord of the Rings
4. Indiana Jones
5. The Naked Gun
6. Ernest P. Worrell
7. Muppets
8. Toy Story
9. Spider-Man
10. X-Men
11. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
12. Pirates of the Caribbean
13. Ghostbusters
14. Terminator
15. National Lampoon's Vacation
16. Alien
17. Batman
18. Jurassic Park
19. Transformers
20. Superman
21. Godzilla
22. Blade
23. Pink Panther
24. Gamera
25. James Bond

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 526
  • I crap bigger than this movie.
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2016, 01:23:23 AM »
1. The Matrix
2. The Dollars Trilogy
3. Harry Potter
4. Star Wars
5. Monty Python
6. The Living Dead series
7. Indiana Jones
8. Trois Couleurs
9. Lord of the Rings
10. James Bond
11. Monsieur Hulot
12. Toy Story
13. Back to the Future

14. The Apu Trilogy
15. The Up series
16. Planet of the Apes
17. Evil Dead

18. Hercule Poirot (Peter Ustinov)
19. Frankenstein (Universal)

20. Lone Wolf and Cub
21. The Thin Man
22. Alien
23. Star Trek
24. Sherlock Holmes (Basil Rathbone)
25. Terminator

I totally forgot some terrific ones, discounted others on the basis of not really considering them to be series, and didn't bother to include things that would have been in my top five because they felt a bit too loosely defined as a series (I'm thinking of Bergman's Trilogy of Faith and Antonioni's trilogy), but eh, it's just a silly list.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »
Those are both great choices I never would have thought of. Has anyone here seen Angie Tribeca?  I hear it's a great series in the (early) ZAZ vein.

EDIT:  BTW, if they did do a new Naked Gun, I think it would need a different style.  Not in terms of comedy but in terms of what is being spoofed.  Dragnet is not really a touchstone for a lot of people, so it might be appropriate to parody relatively modern day cop shows and films.  Any ideas of what would make for a good template?

Which is why I think Idris Elba might be a good choice (sorry, late reply), not that I've even seen Luther...

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5182
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2016, 05:26:06 PM »
Those are both great choices I never would have thought of. Has anyone here seen Angie Tribeca?  I hear it's a great series in the (early) ZAZ vein.

EDIT:  BTW, if they did do a new Naked Gun, I think it would need a different style.  Not in terms of comedy but in terms of what is being spoofed.  Dragnet is not really a touchstone for a lot of people, so it might be appropriate to parody relatively modern day cop shows and films.  Any ideas of what would make for a good template?

Which is why I think Idris Elba might be a good choice (sorry, late reply), not that I've even seen Luther...

He's in that?  Neat.