Author Topic: How to Submit iRiffs  (Read 775 times)

Offline Seabrick3k

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
How to Submit iRiffs
« on: June 28, 2016, 09:10:57 AM »
There is a good chance I am a dullard, but I cannot find a way to submit anything for iRiffs. Is it currently shut down or am I just missing something?

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: How to Submit iRiffs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:29:28 AM »
Unfortunately it is currently shut down, and has been for quite awhile. Every now and then we hear an update on it being relaunched, but it's been quiet on that front lately with everything else going on.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Seabrick3k

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:42:49 AM »
Well, poopie.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:29:31 AM »
Several of the groups have started to sell their riffs on Gumroad.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 05:20:49 AM »
Several of the groups have started to sell their riffs on Gumroad.

It's a good option. Straightforward analytics, options for coupons, etc.

The downside is you don't get the casual fans picking up stuff like you do on the Rifftrax site.

https://gumroad.com/onewallcinema

Offline euphoriafish

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
  • Punk rock fer sure.
    • Euphoriafish on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 08:28:55 PM »
Has anyone tried monetizing via Youtube? 

I have an iRiff nearly complete but have become aware there is not a great distribution channel anymore.  I can't afford to put any money into Gumroad now that they seem to charge a subscription fee.
Jokes, social causes, and occasional current events punditry: twitter.com/euphoriafish. 

If I had to do my teens all over again, I still would have had no drivers license and still would have memorized bad movies.  Every Turkey Day was well spent as is.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 03:32:32 AM »

I have an iRiff nearly complete but have become aware there is not a great distribution channel anymore.  I can't afford to put any money into Gumroad now that they seem to charge a subscription fee.

Wait what??? Did they send an email out to let people know about that change and I missed it?

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 05:15:33 AM »

Wait what??? Did they send an email out to let people know about that change and I missed it?

I didn't get one. It seems they just grandfathered in the people who already had free accounts.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 07:15:02 AM »

I didn't get one. It seems they just grandfathered in the people who already had free accounts.

Whew! Our sales definitely wouldn't even cover the $10 a month even when we were releasing a new episode each month. (But thanks to our 2 or 3 loyal customers! You guys are the best!)

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »
I had no idea Gumroad was starting to charge for new members.  I knew there was tiers, but I didn't know the free account was gone.

I have not yet monetized, but at the moment I have no full length ones I am posting up there (I only have a few shorts and one full length riff that are public domain VODs).  I do have a plan to try out a new thing I'm doing with my characters from my little fictional wraparound universe, but I don't know how well it'll work on YouTube (it'll be audio only, but only containing original material).  If it does anything, I'll let you know.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline euphoriafish

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
  • Punk rock fer sure.
    • Euphoriafish on Twitter
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 11:21:19 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong.  I'm sorry to scare everyone!  I was setting up a Gumroad account to see how it is and thought I saw a message saying it would be a $10 monthly fee to list there but now I read this :

http://help.gumroad.com/11162-getting-started/gumroad-fees

And I see there is still a free option.  Sorry for sharing my confusion!  I guess I will still be going with Gumroad when my VoD iRiff is finished.
Jokes, social causes, and occasional current events punditry: twitter.com/euphoriafish. 

If I had to do my teens all over again, I still would have had no drivers license and still would have memorized bad movies.  Every Turkey Day was well spent as is.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 11:58:31 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong.  I'm sorry to scare everyone!  I was setting up a Gumroad account to see how it is and thought I saw a message saying it would be a $10 monthly fee to list there but now I read this :

http://help.gumroad.com/11162-getting-started/gumroad-fees

And I see there is still a free option.  Sorry for sharing my confusion!  I guess I will still be going with Gumroad when my VoD iRiff is finished.

Okay, that makes me feel better. For some reason when I was checking on this before I wasn't able to find that. Thanks, I'll make sure I point people to this page when the question comes up again.

gum.co/RFTthing