Author Topic: I ship it  (Read 878 times)

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
I ship it
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:37:15 PM »
So, let me tell you a little story.

One night, I was sitting in a hotel room, stewing over the different Syfy Movie of the Week films I'd seen and the quality horror DVDs I own. I was thinking how much I want a horror movie with LGBTQ characters. It didn't need to be a GOOD horror movie even. Just a regular old trashy creature feature with somebody who wasn't cishet who would do.

Then I turned on the Arachnia rifftrax. As soon as I saw the two officially designated "stupid girls" I was like, "aw man, it would be cool if they were a couple. :) That'll never happen tho".
Then we got the "have you ever done it with a girl?" scene. Yes, I know, it's male gaze-y and exploitative and not exactly great representation, but FRELL, it HAPPENED. My wish had been granted.

Then the movie made that even BETTER by having them both LIVE! A couple of sapphic girls that SURVIVE the storyline? You can't get that shit on TV nowadays!

So yeah, hokey stop-motion, vaguely miswritten stock characters, and anticlimactic finish be damned, I'm giving this movie bonus points. I got two characters who didn't die and weren't straight.  :highfive:
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
Re: I ship it
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »
i kind of felt like Servo in "The Boggy Creek Creature II" where he was gunning for a mud-fight between the two female characters in that movie.

Got to say, what we got sort-of worked for me.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 04:53:55 PM »
Man, haven't watched this one yet. You need to put a penis-spoiler alert tag on this post, guys!
Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.

Offline Phileaux

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 07:32:42 AM »
I was under the impression that gratuitous "two women randomly decide to have sex together" scenes weren't considered by the LGBTQ crowd to count? Pretty much the lesbian equivalent of the "woman in a tight uniform who's just there as a breast support system" thing?

And thinking about it - folks complain that the lesbian couple always die in mainstream dramas, but I don't think "had lesbian sex" marks a character for death the way regular sex does in a horror movie. Let me think... Whore, Geek, Athlete, Virgin, Stoner... no "Bi-Curious Girl"!

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »
I admitted it's less than ideal representation, but they didn't just bump uglies. They were a couple. She was really concerned about saving her! Cheesy, exploitative, but it's there.
Which horror movies have you seen where a gal shows sexual interest in another gal and survives? I know the "mention an offscreen experimental fling to show I'm hot" trope is a thing in romcoms and sex comedies now, but I haven't seen any evidence of that in genres with a body count.

Also the B in LGBTQ doesn't stand for Bacon.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 01:50:58 PM »
I was thinking how much I want a horror movie with LGBTQ characters. It didn't need to be a GOOD horror movie even. Just a regular old trashy creature feature with somebody who wasn't cishet who would do.

Well, there's the Covenant, but that's mostly in the subtext...mostly. ;)

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 09:21:36 PM »
Color me dissapointed. -__-