Author Topic: The new DOOM.  (Read 552 times)

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
The new DOOM.
« on: May 26, 2016, 01:21:39 AM »
Id/Bethesda really puts out some awesome FPSs. Wolfestein was amazing, but DOOM is phenomenal.... with one major problem:
 flaw:

The 95% loading glitch. Sometimes when you respawn at the last checkpoint, it only takes a matter second to loads. Other times the loading will stop at 95%. and then the whole computer will freeze. Even Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't do anything. After a few minutes, the computer will unfreeze.

I've had areas that took me several tries, where the re-loading worked fine at fine, then I started getting the glitch. Same area, same enemies, and same weapons.

Does any one else have this issue? And if so, any ideas how to fix it?

Offline CJones

• Liked:
Re: The new DOOM.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:04:17 PM »
Just in case anyone still has this problem, there is a fix for it. Start the game, load Campaign, then put the computer in sleep mode. I'm serious. Wake it up and restart the game. Suddenly everything loads fine. No more getting stuck at 95%

I have no idea why this works.

Offline SJP

• Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
Re: The new DOOM.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »
I know not every developer can catch bugs, but you'd think something like that would've been noticed, and fixed, in a reasonable span of time.  This may be the first time, in the middle of running a program, that "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" could be applied without losing work.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.