login

Author Topic: STAR WARS Episode IX (2019)  (Read 10470 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 370
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Re: STAR WARS Episode IX (2019)
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »
A lot of people have been saying "I'm not going to see the next Star Wars". Now I'm not saying I disbelieve ALL of them... but let's face it... After The Phantom Menace what did a lot of fans say? They said "I'm through with Star Wars" and what happened? They still came back for Attack of the clones! What did some fans say after Attack of the clones? They said "No more Star Wars for me!". What happened when Revenge of the Sith came out? They all came out in droves to see it.

Now, I'm not calling some Star Wars fans liars, but with some exceptions, I think they underestimate their desire to see the continuation of a story that took place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I don't know anything about episode 9 but I'm sure it's going to be astoundingly epic and the second a trailer hits, a lot of minds will instantly be changed.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5477
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2018, 07:40:36 PM »
A lot of people have been saying "I'm not going to see the next Star Wars". Now I'm not saying I disbelieve ALL of them... but let's face it... After The Phantom Menace what did a lot of fans say? They said "I'm through with Star Wars" and what happened? They still came back for Attack of the clones! What did some fans say after Attack of the clones? They said "No more Star Wars for me!". What happened when Revenge of the Sith came out? They all came out in droves to see it.

Now, I'm not calling some Star Wars fans liars, but with some exceptions, I think they underestimate their desire to see the continuation of a story that took place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I don't know anything about episode 9 but I'm sure it's going to be astoundingly epic and the second a trailer hits, a lot of minds will instantly be changed.
Given how bored I was by Solo, I'm certainly don't plan on seeing a sequel to it or other individual movies that are part of this spinoff.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2018, 08:13:08 PM »
You never know. The universe works in mysterious ways.

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 248
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »

Yet people didn't see Solo and it's considered a flop. Don't take the fanbase for granted.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2018, 09:50:15 PM »
We've got a year and a half of cool down time between Solo and Episode 9. A lot of things can happen in that amount of time. People's attitudes change, and I am not taking the Star Wars fan base for granted, that is something I am part of anyway.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3597
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6712
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2018, 03:32:31 PM »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2018, 05:50:16 PM »
So I just heard Matt Smith was cast in episode 9. That has a lot of sweet possibilities. Just as long as he plays something more than he did in Terminator: Genisys.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2453
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2018, 06:41:58 AM »
I also hope he has a big part, I haven't seen the Terminator movie he was in but between Dr. Who and The Crown he has shown he can be awesome in both comedic and dramatic roles.

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2018, 09:33:10 PM »
If they name this thing "Star Wars Episode Nine From Outer Space" I might actually see it.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2018, 09:54:26 AM »
If they name this thing "Star Wars Episode Nine From Outer Space" I might actually see it.
Linszoid, is this you taking the "I'm done with Star Wars" oath?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:32:27 AM by Russoguru »

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2018, 01:53:19 PM »
Linszoid, is this you taking the "I'm done with Star Wars" oath?

If by "taking an oath" you mean losing interest then sure. I actually thought The Last Jedi was somewhat decent. But after seeing people at Lucasfilm insult and troll anyone who pointed out flaws in the recent movies, my interest has simply waned. I haven't seen Solo though that may change when the Rifftrax riff comes out. I just see no reason to get excited for episode 9. These just aren't the event movies anymore.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1242
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »
The fact MRAs/Incels, etc are planning on boycotting it is the best pre-hype I could imagine. 

Not only do I get a new Star Wars but the theatre won't stink like sweat!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3597
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel