login

Author Topic: STAR WARS Episode IX (2019)  (Read 9360 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6653
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: STAR WARS Episode IX (2019)
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2018, 07:56:45 PM »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 76
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2018, 08:45:30 PM »
The rise and fall? Did... somebody forget that there were years before 2015 were Star Wars wasn't exactly at it's greatest? I mean I want to be gentle about how I phrase this because I don't want to offend anybody or hurt someone's feelings but honestly? The way I see it, Star Wars is thriving. It doesn't matter to me that Solo is not raking in the dough like Disney expected. What's most important is that with my own feelings and experiences with the franchise and having put all kinds of points of view together in my head... I honestly, truthfully can't get enough Star Wars from Disney and I'll be seeing their Star Wars movies until my dying day.

How does Solo losing tens of millions of dollars at the box office indicate that Star Wars is thriving? Not to mention that Blu Ray sales for the Last Jedi is half of what they were for The Force Awakens. There's also the unsold Star Wars merchandise sitting on store shelves.

Star Wars is in trouble, your feelings aside. Lucasfilm has arrogantly dismissed the fanbase and is reaping what it has sown. With that said, JJ Abrams has proven he is capable of providing fanservice. If he can connect with the fanbase and not dismiss them, along with a couple apologies and firing Rian Johnson from the new trilogy Lucasfilm could turn things around.

Online The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3978
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2018, 08:55:03 PM »
Solo wasn't exactly a high demand spin-off to begin with.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6653
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2018, 09:34:29 PM »
Star Wars is in trouble, your feelings aside.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

anyone ever hear the charlie-brown-parents'-voice when they read some posts?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2752
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »
Avatar made more money than any of the Star Wars movies, and nobody was talking about it 8 months later. Now THAT'S a franchise that needs to worry about its sequel. Star Wars fans still care. (And that they didn't see Solo is their loss. I honestly thing that's gonna be a sleeper hit when it hits Blu-ray and people give it a shot.) Star Wars is gonna be fine. Maybe not 3rd highest grossing movie of all time fine, but 11th ain't bad when you consider that's 11 out of- How many movies have they made?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3429
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2018, 05:37:27 AM »
The rise and fall? Did... somebody forget that there were years before 2015 were Star Wars wasn't exactly at it's greatest? I mean I want to be gentle about how I phrase this because I don't want to offend anybody or hurt someone's feelings but honestly? The way I see it, Star Wars is thriving. It doesn't matter to me that Solo is not raking in the dough like Disney expected. What's most important is that with my own feelings and experiences with the franchise and having put all kinds of points of view together in my head... I honestly, truthfully can't get enough Star Wars from Disney and I'll be seeing their Star Wars movies until my dying day.

How does Solo losing tens of millions of dollars at the box office indicate that Star Wars is thriving? Not to mention that Blu Ray sales for the Last Jedi is half of what they were for The Force Awakens. There's also the unsold Star Wars merchandise sitting on store shelves.

Star Wars is in trouble, your feelings aside. Lucasfilm has arrogantly dismissed the fanbase and is reaping what it has sown. With that said, JJ Abrams has proven he is capable of providing fanservice. If he can connect with the fanbase and not dismiss them, along with a couple apologies and firing Rian Johnson from the new trilogy Lucasfilm could turn things around.

You're right. Star Wars isn't going to exist anymore. You can stop watching the movies and posting about it online.

Online Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 266
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »
How does Solo losing tens of millions of dollars at the box office indicate that Star Wars is thriving?
Artistically speaking Linszoid... artistically speaking.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3491
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2018, 07:44:46 AM »
You're right. Star Wars isn't going to exist anymore. You can stop watching the movies and posting about it online.
So it's true.. Evil will Always Triumph, because Good is Dumb! :scared:

Offline kunedog

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2018, 08:35:45 AM »
Just because a franchise is hemorrhaging mass appeal at a rapid rate doesn't mean that it's gaining artistic merit (nor that it lacked such to begin with).

James Mangold tried to push this false dichotomy in the latest attempt to deflect criticism away from Lucafilm (and of course the entertainment press ran with it, same as they lapped up the the dozen other failed attempts).  It doesn't makes sense and it won't work.

EDIT: skip to 10:42 for the most relevant segment

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/p030eZUeByo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/p030eZUeByo</a>
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:59:16 AM by kunedog »

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »
It's funny how people keep saying that Star Wars fans are leaving in droves as if it's a threat or as if any rational persons gives a crap. If a bunch of man babies want to leave the franchise, fine! I don't care! Stop bringing it up as if I should care!

Offline kunedog

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2018, 12:42:51 PM »
I understand there are folks who simply don't care whether Star Wars fans abandon the franchise, and that's fine . . . but the issue is that such people appear to be in charge of Lucasfilm (thought maybe not much longer, especially after TLJ and Solo).

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 76
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2018, 05:20:04 PM »

Nowhere did I say Star Wars going to cease to exist. How long did it take for you to build that strawman?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »
Sick burn

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3491
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel