Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)  (Read 52919 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4645
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)
« Reply #525 on: July 16, 2019, 05:53:23 PM »
Taika Waititi to Direct 'Thor 4' (Exclusive) [title is link]

For me?  That's too bad.  I found Ragnarok irritating, bordering on angering a number of times (I've repeatedly smiled and laughed more in the first 15 minutes of Black Panther than I did through the entirety of Ragnarok).  But I know a lot of people really liked the film, so figured there'd be some who'd celebrate this news.

It is also an exclusive: a solo MCU franchise getting a fourth installment.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5711
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #526 on: July 17, 2019, 07:44:20 AM »
That is interesting that we are getting a Thor 4, since it looks like he's going to be in the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Although we don't know yet which one will happen first.

Personally I'm just glad it means that Akira is put on hold.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #527 on: July 17, 2019, 02:04:49 PM »
I LOVE Taika and I LOVED Ragnarok!  It is my #1 MCU film.  I just worry about being able to recapture the magic in the next one.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #528 on: July 17, 2019, 07:08:34 PM »
I LOVE Taika and I LOVED Ragnarok!  It is my #1 MCU film.  I just worry about being able to recapture the magic in the next one.

I'm with you. I'm also worried Disney will have to fire him when his Hitler comedy comes out :P
FINE

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5136
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #529 on: July 20, 2019, 07:39:46 PM »
A lot of huge announcements, including the movie and TV schedule.

Worth noting: The Mandarin will be the big villain of Shang Chi apparently.  The Hawkeye show will be about Kate Bishop.  Natalie Portman is returning... as Thor.  Scarlet Witch will be a co-star in Doctor Strange.

In the further future, Mahershala Ali will be Blade.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #530 on: July 20, 2019, 08:09:51 PM »
Wanda and Doctor Strange teaming up is going to be fucking awesome!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #531 on: July 21, 2019, 06:21:21 AM »
Well, didn't Mahershala already play Blade in Alita? I don't know, I never saw it.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #532 on: July 21, 2019, 11:16:54 AM »
Well, didn't Mahershala already play Blade in Alita? I don't know, I never saw it.
I don't mean to sound like a fucking correctional nerd, but in Alita he portrayed a character named Vector. Only other thing I remember about that movie is how super hot Jennifer Connelly still is.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2019, 11:27:04 AM »
We all kinda' figured this, but figured I'd share it anyway.  From HERE.

Speaking to MTV News, Feige teased that things are pretty much set in stone for next two Phases: “We debated whether to announce [Phases] 4 and 5 today. We’ve planned them out; we’ve got five years down the road.”

So, why wasn’t Marvel Phase 5 up on the big screen in San Diego alongside Phase 4’s two-year stint? “I was like, ‘11 projects in two years is plenty,’” confirmed Feige.

We also pretty much know what'll be in phase 5, as he announced the other films that can be expected (e.g. Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Blade, Fantastic Four, X-Men), he just didn't give the order of release or release dates for them.  It is possible that that reveal may be done at the D23 Expo this year.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5711
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2019, 12:00:29 PM »
We all kinda' figured this, but figured I'd share it anyway.  From HERE.

Speaking to MTV News, Feige teased that things are pretty much set in stone for next two Phases: “We debated whether to announce [Phases] 4 and 5 today. We’ve planned them out; we’ve got five years down the road.”

So, why wasn’t Marvel Phase 5 up on the big screen in San Diego alongside Phase 4’s two-year stint? “I was like, ‘11 projects in two years is plenty,’” confirmed Feige.

We also pretty much know what'll be in phase 5, as he announced the other films that can be expected (e.g. Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Blade, Fantastic Four, X-Men), he just didn't give the order of release or release dates for them.  It is possible that that reveal may be done at the D23 Expo this year.
So what will distinguish Phase 4 from Phase 5? In the other phases the delineation has been an Avengers movie, but there aren't any more of those (that have been announced).

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 (Movie Lineup Through 2021)
« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2019, 07:36:31 PM »
By the way, the title for this thread might be updated (as I did for this post), since we're now talking phases 4+5.

Shit:
Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #536 on: August 20, 2019, 10:35:59 PM »
Maybe it's good ol' denial, but I feel like this is someone playing hardball. Like when The Simpsons cast threatens to quit every couple seasons. In the end they'll both remember they like money and reach some sort of arrangement. (I hope!)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #537 on: August 28, 2019, 06:12:20 AM »

simu liu talking about how important it is to have canadian representation in the mcu: https://twitter.com/TheBeaverton/status/1156565728235020290

(sometimes the pretender [the beaverton] can be as good as the original [the onion])
dF = 0
d*F = J