login

Author Topic: mc chris  (Read 2448 times)

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
mc chris
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:43:45 AM »
Pretty sure there's some fans here...

Went to go check on where the venue is for his show tonight in Philly and found out that afterwards he's going with all of us to see the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie at a theater a few blocks away, I guess a special 4/20 thing?

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
Re: mc chris
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:28:07 AM »

WOW. I'm so jealous, Pyro. I'd give my right arm to be there.

I don't even like rap, but I like MC Chris. Mostly for his work on Adult Swim, but he's a decent enough musician in his own right. We'll probably get his albums eventually, money permitting.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 12:06:42 PM »
what ATHF songs does MC Chris sing? is it those songs by mc pee- pants those are hilarious

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3071
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 03:46:09 PM »
what ATHF songs does MC Chris sing? is it those songs by mc pee- pants those are hilarious

The very same. :^) MC Chris was also Hesh on Sealab back in the day. If you go to his website you can get a lot of his stuff free. It's weird, but I dig it.  :^)

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 07:11:41 PM »
At the show someone  yelled out to bring back Hesh or something and he said something like "Oh, Hesh is so dead.... But that don't mean Hesh can't be a zombie!" in the voice

also did "I Want Candy" at the end and did one of his songs over The Raconteurs "Steady As She Goes"

thought the movie was pretty lame, he sat up front and didn't do anything except pose for photographs and etc afterwards... and of course everyone cheered when MC Pee Pants came on the screen

edit - listening to "White Kids Love Hip Hop" right now on youtube and remembered he also sang Weezer's "Buddy Holly" during that song
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 07:40:50 PM by pyro »

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:12:46 PM »

WOW. I'm so jealous, Pyro. I'd give my right arm to be there.

I don't even like rap, but I like MC Chris. Mostly for his work on Adult Swim, but he's a decent enough musician in his own right. We'll probably get his albums eventually, money permitting.

his albums are definitely worth it in my opinion, especially for people of this forum given that his genre is Nerdcore Rap... i love some of the almost video game like back beats like in "The Tussin"

you can download all of "Life's A Bitch And I'm Her Pimp" off his website, http://mcchris.com/ , media section and it's the box with the picture of Boba Fett's mask

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3071
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 08:28:30 PM »
It's not just ALMOST Video Game-like. I think that's a direct sample of Gauntlet for the NES. :^)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »
Thanks to his sample in "ftw," I now exclaim "Sweet Sassy Molassy!" all the time.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 10:00:36 PM »
It's not just ALMOST Video Game-like. I think that's a direct sample of Gauntlet for the NES. :^)

I was a Genesis kid  8)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4959
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 06:46:11 AM »
I love "the Package" sketch from his last album, though the ending was terrible.