Author Topic: Cat-Women of the Moon - Mary Jo and Bridget's first feature length riff!  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 525
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Looks like a John Saxon clone hanging out with a Leslie Nielson clone.   :speechless:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 44

3. At 0:38:24 there is a single frame inserted in this movie. I'm not even kidding.

SFW
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I honestly have no idea what movie that is from, but it was a render artifact/caching issue from when the master was encoded - there's a new one up or on the way sans frame.

Thrashalla,
Is the new file up or still pending? Thanks.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 597
It'll be up. It's in the system - no idea when it'll decide to update.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 333
From Wikipedia:

Missile to the Moon is an independently made 1958 American black-and-white science fiction film...<cut for brevity> ...The film was distributed by Astor Pictures and is a remake of another Astor Pictures-distributed film, 1953's Cat-Women of the Moon.

I guess that answers that question. Doesn't explain why someone thought "Cat-Women" warranted a remake though  :o

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
From Wikipedia:

Missile to the Moon is an independently made 1958 American black-and-white science fiction film...<cut for brevity> ...The film was distributed by Astor Pictures and is a remake of another Astor Pictures-distributed film, 1953's Cat-Women of the Moon.

I guess that answers that question. Doesn't explain why someone thought "Cat-Women" warranted a remake though  :o

Or why the third act is about five minutes long. When I saw that the runtime was just over an hour, I expected 3 short(er) acts, something like 15m, 25m, 20m. But no, it was like 25m, 35m, 5m. Weird. Interesting movie though, and a really great riff.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4967
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
From Wikipedia:

Or why the third act is about five minutes long. When I saw that the runtime was just over an hour, I expected 3 short(er) acts, something like 15m, 25m, 20m. But no, it was like 25m, 35m, 5m. Weird. Interesting movie though, and a really great riff.
Well, the movie is more about the guys meeting the hot ladies on the Moon, and it doesn't have enough of a budget for a finale. The ending is more about "well, I guess we can't just leave them on the Moon..."

jonalame

This riff was hilarious from beginning to end. We need Bridge and Mary Jo's distinctive riffing "voices" in "The Guys" riffs. This was the closest thing to glory day MST3K we're likely to ever receive.