login

Author Topic: Now available as a VOD: SF Sketchfest 2016!  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 646
Now available as a VOD: SF Sketchfest 2016!
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:47:28 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/night-of-the-shorts-iv-sf-sketchfest-2016

On January 7th, 2016, the comedy world was forever changed. Some said it was the sheer wattage of star power assembled in one place. Others said it was the relentless volume of hilarious jokes delivered from the stage of the Castro theater. But one comedy historian, speaking for the first time in months from a comedy hospital bed, simply uttered the the four words “David and Hazel....LIVE!” before slumping over. Clown doctors with oversized stethoscopes rushed in, but were unable to revive the patient with a rubber chicken IV. He was pronounced dead from acute laughter intoxication.

We are not saying that you will die if you don’t watch this show! In fact, we’re saying that you may die if you do… Hm, that could be worth revising. Eh, I’m sure one of our interns will get around to that! Anyway, what you have here is quite possibly our funniest Sketchfest Live show of all time! Chortle at the deterioration of a Canadian marriage! Slap your knee as horrible hell monkeys die one at a time! Howl with laughter at the sight of Ned Blandford!

Mike, Kevin, and Bill were joined onstage at SF SKetchfest Live 2016 by very special guest riffers Bridget Nelson, Mary Jo Pehl, Cole Stratton, Janet Varney, Adam Savage, Paul F. Tompkins, and John Hodgman including a gigantic, possible world record TEN PERSON riffing grand finale!

Riffed shorts include: The Trouble with Women, Dining Together, David and Hazel, One Got Fat, Improve Your Pronunciation, and Batman: Robin’s Wild Ride

WARNING: Strong Language

http://www.rifftrax.com/night-of-the-shorts-iv-sf-sketchfest-2016
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline dt55555

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 4
Re: Now available as a VOD: SF Sketchfest 2016!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »
Wasn't able to attend this one, glad it's released as a VOD!

Though... the onscreen title says "Night of the Shorts IV", when it was promoted as "Night of the Shorts VI".  ???

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5011
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 03:55:52 PM »
This one was hilarious!! :D :D :D

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 646
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 04:04:45 PM »
Wasn't able to attend this one, glad it's released as a VOD!

Though... the onscreen title says "Night of the Shorts IV", when it was promoted as "Night of the Shorts VI".  ???

...that would be my mild dyslexia and everyone who QC'd it not catching it.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 07:12:41 PM »
Ok so where is the youtube link that they mentioned of Bill and Kevin doing David and Hazel?
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Klodt

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Gotta go! I think I hear a mountain lion.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »
After they mentioned it at 1:20:00 in SF Sketchiest 2016, I've been scouring the internet for the epic Bill and Kevin reenactment of David and Hazel. Sadly it looks like the video was linked via Facebook but has been since removed (https://www.facebook.com/rifftrax/posts/143825542405636).

I say we storm Rifftrax headquarters and RIP THAT PLACE APART looking for it!! WHO'S WITH ME!?! Oh wait, not tomorrow, no. I can't. I have a busy day at work. And next week is pretty backed up, too.

Maybe sometime in May? Perhaps. No rush. You know, or whenever you are free.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 50
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 11:04:54 PM »
Ok so where is the youtube link that they mentioned of Bill and Kevin doing David and Hazel?

David (yours truly David, not rageaholic David) to the rescue!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAXE3xzWdgc
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:07:03 PM by David »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5011
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 03:10:55 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rAXE3xzWdgc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rAXE3xzWdgc</a>
:D :D :D
That should have been added as a bonus to the Sketchfest VOD :o

Offline dt55555

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 09:11:41 AM »
When I was in third grade (around 1982) my class was shown "One Got Fat" while learning about safety and we unanimously loved it.

Offline MrE2Me

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »
This was hilarious. It was particularly nice to see Mary Jo and Bridget up on stage alongside the usual gang of riffers, as their RiffTrax shorts are among my favorites here. Ironically, possibly the funniest section of this video is when technical difficulties occur during the Batman short and everyone is forced to ad-lib and kill time until the problem is fixed. Hearing these veterans of riffing riff their own riffs is a one-of-a-kind treat that's worth purchasing this VOD for alone. Great stuff!

On a technical note (and apologies if this is not the best place to report such things; I posted this as a comment on the RT page as well), th
ere are 2 minor issues I noticed:
  • Janet Varney's name is misspelled "Janey Varney" in the beginning credits, and
  • In the middle section of the Batman short, after the technical difficulties with the video are fixed, the audio of the short has a very noticeable echo. (It starts during the scene when The Wizard hypnotizes the guy in the cabin.) This disappears towards the end (after another brief frozen image issue, possibly related?) and isn't present in the first part of the film, either. It's not a huge problem, but is pretty distracting while it lasts. Just wanted to give the powers that be a heads-up.
Lastly, this is my first post on the forums here. I'm a longtime MST3K/Film Crew/Cinematic Titanic/RiffTrax fan, and I want to give a shout out to everyone involved in those projects, as well as to my fellow fans. Thanks for all you've done in the name of entertainment. Can't wait for the big reunion show coming up!  8)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:12:32 AM by MrE2Me »

Offline Klodt

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Gotta go! I think I hear a mountain lion.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 09:54:56 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAXE3xzWdgc

Thank you, David. You're my hero!