Author Topic: I'm asking you MFers, what did you learn?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
I'm asking you MFers, what did you learn?
« on: March 29, 2016, 06:40:31 AM »
I learned that L.A. has some seriously unstable police captains. 

I learned that dental offices are next to patient rooms in the burn ward.

I learned that big battles with explosions in restaurant parking lots won't impact business.

And so much more!

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
Re: I'm asking you MFers, what did you learn?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 09:07:08 AM »
I learned to never again take a black gift for granted.

Samurai Cop's bulge is hypnotic.

Robert Z'Dar rocks the beard and looks like an absolute bad ass in this movie. Also, I've never heard him speak before (Soultaker had his voice altered, and he didn't speak in Future War). My little brother met him about two years before he died at a horror convention where they screened Maniac Cop. Said he was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:17:00 AM by ManUnderMask »
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 05:00:35 PM »
Robert Z'Dar was, indeed, a treasure and he was easily the best thing about this movie. Second only to the the nudity and the full movie itself. (;))

I learned that in Episcopalian Sunday services patrons wear fairly non-Sunday dress dresses with thong bikinis under them.  I mean, I know Episcopalians tend to be a bit more liberal than Catholics or Protestants, but, wow.

I learned that being a samurai cop must pay pretty damn well, even if that place was a "rental", man, heck of a place to score for a rental!

Given the state of it, I learned their precinct didn't really have any standards on the look of their cars. The one Samurai Cop and Reaction Black Guy had had a severely smashed-up front end/headlights/grill, as was missing the aerial.

I learned that Reaction Cop showers with his boxers on.  (Surprised the guys missed this. When he moves around some after taking off the towel and has his "black gift" fondled by the henchman you see the waistband of the shorts/boxers he's wearing peak up.)

I learned that having a ton of evidence on a criminal crime lord isn't enough to arrest and prosecute him so, instead, you need to bring in a samurai cop and have a series of incomprehensible encounters and dead bodies before you can do anything.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 05:13:51 AM »
I learned that when cops yell "freeze" they really mean "stand still so I can shoot you"

Offline Mark A. Siefert

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
  • Lovecraftian Horror
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 02:44:48 AM »
I learned that women will just randomly make sexual propositions anytime, anywhere: in helicopter, in a hospital, just before a major arrest of a Yakuza lieutenant...
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

"Well Mike, I guess it's just a magical land... I HATE MAGICAL LANDS!"

Crow T. Robot,
MST3k, "Jack Frost"

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 05:46:24 AM »
Ugh, I *know* it's like I can't go to a single Yakuza event anymore.