Author Topic: E3 2016  (Read 4325 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 631
  • Riff Super Monsters
E3 2016
« on: March 20, 2016, 05:10:08 PM »
i always enjoy doing things in advance,perhaps they  show off mass effect  this year.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: E3 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:12:57 PM »
Well, video game companies are starting their press conferences on Sunday now, so here we go. Brief news beforehand: Ubisoft announced a 4 player VR Star Trek game coming later this year. But here's the EA conference.

*And we start 8 minutes late. Great omen, EA. We're in Los An-gel-eeese, which is not how anyone actually says LA's name.

*"We're invited in to play." Lost of demos available. "We want you to play and then report how the game felt." Which actually isn't a bad strategy, provided they don't also do the usual over the top presentations that EA loves to do.

*Over to London and Peter Moore. He says "hi" and then goes back to LA.

*Coming up: Star Wars, Mass Effect, Sports, Battlefield One, Titanfall 2.

*"Lots more people are gaming. Play! We'll keep saying it! Play! Play! Play!"

*Respawn arrives to show off Titanfall 2. PC, Xb1 and PS4. Multiplayer and, gasp, a single player campaign! All the soldiers look like a parkouring Isaac Clarke, but that's just me quibbling. The single player campaign leaked this morning, which they admitted. Oct 28 release date. The Titan's AI in single player sounds like Optimus Prime, BTW.

*Oh, rap music. It's Madden time. And the Chiefs get beaten by Denver. Heh-heh. Peter Moore chats up EA's tournament setup, which I'm not absorbing any of. They introduce folks in a Madden tourney, one of whom they spent several minutes on in their video and who since has broke his collarbone in a "You idiot" circumstance. D'oh.

*Bioware talking Mass Effect: Andromeda. Which curiously is taking place in Fresno. New characters! More freedom! Powered by Frostbyte! The bits of gameplay in the behind the scenes trailer looks very pretty.

*Play! Did you forget about that? Play! Oh, hey. EA supports older games with patches and DLC.  There's a new battlefield for Star Wars Battlefront! Go back and play it! Please?

*Play to give- EA will donate money to various charities for people hitting various achieves in games. While I like the thought, all 5 charities seem to be variations on the same cause. Couldn't toss an Oxfam or Red Cross or Clean water in there EA, just in case folks think other causes are more urgent than yours?

*FIFA. And Peter Moore reminds us that England lost last night. Alex Hunter appears. No, apparently the crowd in London didn't know who he is either. He's in the trailer though, which is promoting the "Make a player and then they become a star" game play feature. I'm not sure FIFA needed a scripted single player campaign, but apparently it has one now. Oh, and you have managers in FIFA now. Jose Marino of Manchester shows up. I at least know who Manchester United is.

*Last year at this time, they talked about Unraveled, with Yarny. Who is rather cute. They announce EA Originals, which supports small developers by helping them promote and publish stuff. EA promises to let those studios keep their profits too, which is nice of them. First game - Fe. From a Swedish company, it's "A personal narrative about our relationship with nature." It's also very purple. All the plants and animals are musical, and you need to decipher the music to communicate and stuff. It does look very unique visually.

*Star Wars with Jade Raymond. Next year, DICE brings a new Star Wars Battlefront, which EA says won't suck as much. I'm only half joking there. In 2018, another game from Visceral. And Respawn's doing a 3rd person SW action adventure game. Dice has dragged in Criterion into helping them with SW Battlefront 2, which means that they're not working on a new Burnout. Boooo.

*Last game- Battlefield 1. Surprise! It's actually set in the near future, not WW1. Well, no. Not really. But the presenter is babbling and I need to keep typing. Jamie Fox and Zac Efron will be playing Battlefront after the press conference. Oh, joy. There's your Rifftrax tie-in for the day. And they play the full trailer, which has dub-stepy music in it. Because that screams out WW1.  It does look gorgeous though.

*Back to Peter Moore, who is still in London. "We have demos!" Back to LA. "We've got demos too!" And he still can't pronounce "Los Angeles" correctly.

Overall, not a lot of new announcements, other than Fe. Lots of "Behind the scenes." Not a lot of gameplay shown. Rather bland.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:08:23 PM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:17:52 PM »
And over at the "celebs play Battlefield" stream, the first player introduced says "Oh, I suck. I'll be a detriment to the team. I can't drive or shoot."  Well, points for honesty.

And for Pete's sake, idiot interviewing people, tell me the name of who you're interviewing. I don't know who "Zed" is, and I think that's Terry Crews, but you never said his last name.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:24:14 PM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:29:03 PM »
Okay, Bethesda time. Yep, started 15 minutes late. E3 off to a great start on that.

*And we start with a DOS prompt, which takes us to the directory for ... Quake. Quake Champions to be precise.  Looks multiplayer, 'cause we need to hop on that Overwatch bandwagon. PC, with a diverse cast of characters and abilities. Awww. I was being snarky with the Overwatch joke. They're aiming for competitive tourneys as well. More details at QuakeCon, since, well, it's in the name. Support the game for 20 years and you get the first looks.

*Fallout Shelter won some mobile game of the year awards. Huh. That's like Chipolte winning restaurant awards.

*Elder Scrolls Legends, Bethesda's digital CCG. It's got a single player campaign. It's got a Moth priest and... the stream died. Minutes later we're back. it's got a public beta right now if you'd like to play. PC, Mac, phones and tablets.

*Bethesda says thanks for liking Fallout 4. Hey, here's some DLC. Contraptions, next week. It's got a conveyor belt. Build a Vault in Vault-Tec in July. Nuka-World! August. And Fallout shelter will be coming to PC in July with a big update.

*PS3 and then PS4 shot comparisons. This must be the remastered Skyrim. And it is. XB1, PS4 and (snicker) PC.

*Arkane Studios, who are here to promote Dishonored 2, which is still a thing. Or so he wants you to think. Nope. He's here to promote a First person game with a psychological twist. It's very Groundhog Day-ish in that Monday the 15th keeps repeating and then it goes all Doom-y. Oh, it's Prey.  Wow. That looks nothing like the first Prey. It'll be out next year.

*Doom. Doom! Quick, sing the Doom song!  They talking about the modding for Doom. More free multiplayer maps on the way, including CTF and Deathmatch. And if you haven't played Doom, there's now a shareware version available with the first level. Steam, XB1 and PS4, but this week only.

*And Elder Scrolls Online. Well, time to refresh my drink. It was best MMORPG in 2015. Really? Who gave it that award? Steve's ESO Megasite on Geocities? Oh, 578 million crabs killed. That's impressive. I guess. And people keep screaming. The world's biggest ESO fan is in the audience. Anyway, Dark Brotherhood DLC coming out this week. And One Tamriel is on the way. What's that? It means stuff will autolevel to you. Like in Oblivion. Or Wow in Legion.

*Blink 182 will be playing their new album at the Bethesda afterparty. So, you're trying to get people to attend this party, right?

*VR titles- Doooooom. In VR. And Fallout 4. I'm skeptical. I don't think either VR headset is powerful enough to do that.

*Oh, it's Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. I seem to have traveled back in time to 2004.

*Back to Dishonored 2. Let's look at the city. It's a "painting in motion." Well, yeah it's pretty. And they've spent waaaay too much time world building if they know what shop was in that location 10 years ago. Anyway, you're playing Corvo and Emily. Emily's an empress and an assassin. She's a pearl necklace and a showing of Zorro away from being Batman. Oooh. Gameplay. I think that be be the first gameplay we've seen today. Ooh. A multishot pistol. Technology! After that, we visit a mansion trapped in time, torn between the present and past, and you can leap between the two eras. It looks very cool, especially when you kill someone in the past, leap forward and then watch the commotion in the present. D2 comes out November 11, 2016. And here's the trailer. Also announced a Dishonored 2 Collector's Edition. It's got Corvo's mask in it. Also, if you preorder, you get a copy of Dishonored with all DLC.

*And we get a shot of all the various Bethesda Studios. That's a nice touch.

*And everyone there gets a T-shirt. Well, that's nice, if  a bit anti-climatic.

Well, that was a lot better than EA's. No surprise "New Elder Scrolls in November!" announcement, but the lineup seems solid.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 08:18:59 PM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 08:21:33 PM »
Up tomorrow: Microsoft, the PC show, Ubisoft and Sony.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 08:26:55 PM »
Oh, late hitting Bethesda info. - If you own Skyrim on PC, you're getting the remastered  version for free. Well, that's nice of them.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »
Overnight news leaks!

*A new Dynasty Warriors! Set in the Berzerk anime universe. Huh.

*A smaller XBox 1 is on the way, with 4k support and a 2 TB hard drive.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 09:38:12 AM »
Microsoft's News Conference. Does it start late? Only by a minute. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just suggest the

*We start with a look at the new XBox1 model and controller.  And it looks a bit like a white Playstation. $299 out in August. And the word "Xbox" is uttered about 30 times in a minute.

*The Gears of War guys appear. Gears 4 will be "XBox play anywhere." Buy it and you can play on either PC or XB1. Cloud based saves. Crossplay between PC and XB. Laura Bailey appears, sans Trinket. Then off to some co-op gameplay. And in the first 10 minutes, Microsoft's done more gameplay than EA's entire conference. I won't call Gears pretty as that's like calling a cement factory pretty. And despite my griping about lack of gameplay, I think this co-op segment might be better if trimmed a bit as it goes on a bit long.

*A door! Scary! Oh, it's still Gears. Which arrives on October 11. There will be a Gears Elite controller.

*Killer Instinct. That's also crossplay. And a new character for the game, General Raam from Gears.

*A beach. I swear, if this is something more with Gears... Some kangaroos. Oh, a car. Something Forza-related I bet. It's Forza Horizon 3 and it's set in Australia. Two of the four players are on PC, so I'm guessing crossplay there. I really like the Horizon games, so I'm stoked. September 27 release date.

*A new IP? Bright colors. Robots and one human. I think this got previewed last year. Yep. ReCore. Looks pretty.

*Square Enix arrives, along with a FFXV banner. And the stream starts to heavily lag. I can hear the "Noo" screams from here. They demo a fight with a Titan. I'll note that your other party members seem very chatty. Not scripted chatty, but "dude, stop asking if I'm allright every few seconds" chatty. Spetember 30 still for FFXV.

*An expansion for the Division, which comes out early on XB1.

Awesome. The page randomly refreshed, killed twenty minutes of posts. Let's see. XBox Live improvements. Tekken 7. (Which I don't think is exclusive) Tekken Tag for free of Gold Members. Dead Rising 4. We Happy Few, which looks great. Inside, which looks like a game. Limbo for free this week on XBox Live.  Something about controller colors. Gwent. Phsyical. Standalone client. Single player campaign. playgwent.com And some Minecraft stuff.

*Scalebound, from Platinum. The "Scalebound guy fights a giant dragon" looks much better than the "FFXV guys fight a giant thing" sequence. XB1 and PC exclusive.

*Pirates. Rare's pirate game? Sea of Thieves.

Stop panning over the audience, cameraman. The back of people's heads in a dark theater is much less interesting than what's on the screen.

*Some gameplay for Sea of Thieves. It looks good, but I want to slap the people playing the game and not stop slapping them.

*A car drives along, smashing into zombies. State of Decay logo. Sequel? Yep. Sequel in 2017.

*Halo Wars 2. Huh. That's unexpected. Nice looking trailer, btw. Feb 21, 2017. XB1/PC and a beta will run on XB1 for the next week.

*And now a VR announcement? Oh crap. I think it's a console announcement. Project Scorpio? Holiday 2017. (Keywords used- 4k visuals. Backwards compatible. VR accessible. All XB1 stuff is usable on it.)

Well, that wasn't a bad conference. Lots of titles announced. Gameplay shown. A few surprises, like Halo Wars 2. The "Buy Once and play on XB1 and PC"  announcement is really nice, especially for idiots like me who will sometimes buy the same game on PC and console. And very little fluff or "Watch TV or listen to Pandora on your XB1!"  And the Project Scorpio announcement came out of nowhere.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:10:25 AM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 11:11:57 AM »
Over on Humble Bundle, there's an E3 bundle. It's got a lot of stuff.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 11:42:45 AM »
Okay, PC Gaming conference, hosted by Sean "Day 9" Plott.  He's wearing a tie. An ugly tie, but a tie nonetheless.

*It's montage time! Oh, my poor typing skills. Civ Vi! Dota! Ark! Fallout! Witcher! Mass Effect! Doom! Stardew Valley! Warframe! Rocket League! More!

*Relic here to promote Dawn of War 3. And a 40k Space Marine is on stage. Blood Angels, if I'm not mistaken. Looks larger scale than DoW2. It's set on a planet of ice and fire.

*Clay Entertainment (Don't Starve) with Oxygen Not Included, a Colony simulator game. Oh. No, just a 20 second trailer. Awesome. Great job.

*Ark showing off their new biome. Build a base on the back of a dinosaur! They can only be defeated by hitting the weak spot on their heads for massive damage! Ark has a Moon mod too, if you've ever wanted to fight dinosaurs on the moon. And it has a poop button. And poop throwing monkeys. Sigh.

*Giant Cop. Yeah, do you really need anything other than the title?

*Mount and Blade 2: Banner Lord, which looks impressive, if not terribly different than the first version.

*From the Lords of the Fallen folks: The Surge. It's like Dark Souls, but sci-fi with robots and electric swords.

*Lawbreakers. It's floaty team based combat. CliffyB arrives to talk about the game. And Sean mentions Quake to the guy who made Unreal. Whoopsie, Sean. Cliffy claims Lawbreakers to be the Mortal Kombat to Overwatch's Street Fighter.

*Esports. And a clip from Yahoo eSports, because that's a thing. Yes, Yahoo is still there. No actual news, just a clip from Yahoo.

*The CEO of AMD arrives. They're helping sponsor the show. She talks about the Polaris/Vulcan graphic cards. They're inexpensive and apparently have really good price vs. performance stats. They also mention the VR backpack, allowing you to be in VR without worrying about cables. But you have a computer on your back, which might detract from the VR. Then the Summit Ridge chips, at which point I'll just nod and smile like I understand what they are talking about.

*Devolver- Serious Sam in VR. Sam's rather immobile in the game but still shooty shooty.

*Don't Nod (Remember Me, Life is Strange) Vampyr. 3rd person game. You're a vampire! But with a "y."

*Tripwire (Killing Floor) here to talk about Killing Floor 2. It'll leave early access this fall. And they just updated the game right on the show. Free weekend on Steam this weekend. And Killing Floor Incursion for Oculus Touch.

*Still on the VR front, Superhot will be on Oculus soon too. Also a reminder that Vive isn't owned by Facebook.

*Obsidian's new game- Tyranny. Evil won and you're the people who enforce the bad guy's law.

*Observer- a horror game from the Layers of Fear people. Your fears have been hacked! Scary? Well, I'd be back in school, having not studied for a test, so not really.

*Drop Zone, a RTS, but with only 3(ish) units per side and a 15 minute length.

*Bohemia Interactive (Arma III) here to talk about Arma III: Apex. The bad guys are French. The developers are Czech, so they deal more with the French than I do. July 11, 2016

*Square Enix and Bulkhead -The Turing Test. First person game set on Europa. The Jovian moon, not where France is. Nice soundtrack

*Finji- Overland, about a road trip across post-apocalyptic North America.

*Dual Universe- a space sim. You build your own ships then fly around in them. Rebuild civilization. Explore and stuff. The developer is French, so I suspect he and the Bohemia guy were in a fist fight backstage. Allegedly a MMORPG, but the developer seems to be promising more than technology might be able to deliver. Thousands of live players in a single city, for example. 2017 or 2018 release.

*Razer presents "Yay to the mouse and Keyboard!" "Only a Razor mouse can help me be precise enough to play Bastion in Overwatch." Sooooo many things wrong with that statement.

*343 back to talk about Halo Wars 2. I heard the words "Mouse and keyboard", which was one of my biggest issues about HW1. Controllers not the best input device for RTS.

*From New World Interactive, a title that Sean isn't allowed to talk about. Ooooh. Spooky. The guy from New World does give the title- Day of Infamy. It's set in WWII and looks like a spiritual remake of Day of Defeat.

*From the Chivalry folks, Mirage.

And the Ubisoft conference is beginning, so I'm bailing to cover that as Ubi can be a trainwreck.

*Checking back in while Ubi  fake voice acts, Warren Spector is talking Deus Ex and PC gaming. He's a living gaming legend. Meanwhile, Ubi has a dancing lion.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:19:15 PM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 01:01:47 PM »
Ubisoft. Stand by for a possible trainwreck. They're starting right on time, BTW.

*Ubisoft is 30 years old. We're starting with Just Dance, with Queen and "Don't Stop Me Know." I can't really complain about Queen.

That's the Ubi conference in a nutshell.

*It's Aisha Tyler. Because of course it is. She gives a moment of silence for the weekend's shooting victims, which might have been more appropriate if the moment of silence didn't look like this:

I think people in giraffe suits should be at every memorial service now.

*Anyway, Just Dance 2017 coming soon.

*Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Apparently coca leaves are all over Bolivia. And somehow a cartel took over the entire country. You know, Boliva's neighbors have militaries and might not be happy about that... Hey, a radio tower! Never seen a tower in an Ubi game before. March 7, 2017 release date

*It's the fifth time Aisha has hosted this event, and the present for the 5th anniversary is wood. Sigh.

*And Trey and Matt troll the damn audience again. Bastards. It's South Park: The Fractured But Whole. The trailer was for "generic Ubi shooty game" right until Cartman appears. It's a more spiritual game than Stick of Truth. Oh, I've laughed more at five minutes of this than the last two days of conferences. If you buy SP2, you get the first game for free on XB1/PS4 and PC. Release date: December 6.

*And now, Tom Clancy's The Division. Which is out. To celebrate the 30th Ubi anniversary, you get some free costumes. And a survival mode in the expansion after next. Um, the rest of the world is still there. They should be able to airdrop food to you. There wasn't a plague in Kansas. No one planted infected money in Kansas City on Black Friday like they did to New York.

*From UbiMontreal- Eagle Flight. It's a point and click set in the 14th Cent... Oh. It's a VR game where you fly as an eagle. Nevermind.  The presenter is very, very British. Somehow there are giraffes in Paris by the Eiffel Tower.

*Aisha announces that she peed a little. Mark that off the bingo card. VR and final frontier mentioned, so it's the Star Trek VR game. Geordi's doing the voice over. Karl Urban, Levar Burton, Jeri Ryan are all playing this in the video. Dear lord, this looks nice. Star Trek Bridge Crew. Levar shows up on stage and he seems really jazzed by how fun it was. Out this fall. And not Occulus exclusive. Good for Ubi on that.

*For Honor. Multiplayer melee between three factions.There's a storyline too, which seems interesting. And the head of the For Honor team is frigging awesome. The single player bit looks scripted but still pretty impressive. Valentine's Day 2017 release. (Same day as Persona 5.)

*Grow Up! It's the sequel to Grow Home.

*And now... a wrestling match? No, a crossover between Trials and... Blood Dragon? Well, someone at Ubi has lost their frigging minds. And it's out now on PC/PS4/Xb1. (Now being in about 30 minutes.) Here are the developers by the way:

*Oh. Assassin's Creed. They still make that. Well, here's  some talk about the movie. I'm hoping that the "most of the movie takes place in the present day" rumor is false though. Jeremy Irons is in it. I'd say "Well, he's always good..." then I remember the D&D movie.

*And hackers interrupt the stream. Thank you thinly disguised Watch Dogs promo. For those not following along, Watch Dogs 2 is set in San Francisco and does not involve the guy from the first game. "You can hack everything around you!" Cars! Phones! Toasters! Palm trees!  Dogs! Everything! And protagonist? Maybe you shouldn't advertise that you're part of a secret group of hackers on your hat. It doesn't look a lot different than the first, but hopefully that's just the trailer. November 2016.

*The Ubi CEO arrives. "We're still working with Sony on Watch Dogs 2." Sony arrives to promote the Watch Dogs movie. Oh. Goody. And PS4 owners get the DLC 30 days early.

*One more game. The Ubi CEO returns. A new IP from the Splinter Cell, Division and AC people. Action sports and open world. Ubi, there are non open world games out there. Anyway, it's Steep. It looks like SSX 3/ Amped 3, but with snowboarders, skiers, paragliders, etc. Set in the Alps. Well, if it's half as good as SSX 3, it'll be fun. It ships in December.

*And everyone who's been on the show is dragged back out on stage. I'll note that Ms. Tyler seems to be the tallest person on stage. She's only 6' tall (that's 137.3 meters to our non-US friends) so folks at Ubi are awfully short. Oh, wait. She has like 6" heels on too. Nevermind. That's throwing things off. And now, a montage of people running to end the show.

Well, yeah. That was a trainwreck. Not as bad as EA's but it went from hot to cold over and over. Oh well. Sony is about 3 hours.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:02:59 PM by Compound »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 05:56:54 PM »
I'd be more interested in Scorpio if it wasn't 18 months away. As I'm hoping to get an xbone by the time the Rock Band 4 multiplayer goes live I'm defintely planning on picking up the new one.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 06:16:33 PM »
Last conference of the day- Sony.  And Sony begins on time  with a conductor arriving. They've got a band.

*And the orchestra plays. I have no idea what they're playing, but they're playing it.

*Right into the game. I hear snatches of the music. You're  a hunter. You've got a kid. You're taking him hunting. Sony's got a picture in picture thing going on which they haven't explained yet.

Five minutes in, my brain starts clicking. Is that Kratos? Button prompts pop up with "Spartan Rage." Oh. If it were a snake, it would have bitten me. After slaughtering a deer, we get a title which is just "God Of War." There might be a 4 in the logo too. It popped by quickly. Bear McCreary is the composer for the soundtrack.

*Bend Studios- It's after the apocalypse! And a biker's being mopey! Days Gone. Anything further? Context? Nope. On to the next trailer, I guess.

*Hey, it's that thing from last year that Sony hasn't talked about since then. Last Guardian. Release date though- Oct 25.

*More trailers. Sony must have seen the other press conferences and ditched the talking. Horizon: Zero Dawn, with its robot dinosaurs. You can scan them for weak points. Because humans can totally do that.Meh. Might be a plot point. Hey! A bunny! A non-robot one! A few minutes of gameplay.

*Android hostage negotiation! No. Really. Make a choice and things happen. Make a different choice and other things happen. Detroit: Become Human

*Before Kitchen... Someone in the audience too close to a mike mentions how he hated Kitchen. Someone in the audience then screams at a jump scare. People laugh. And at a climatic scene, we once again pan to the audience. Anyway, it's Resident Evil VII. And absolutely nothing in that trailer hinted at it being a Resident Evil game or that you do anything other than walk around a spooky house. January 24. Something flashes by on the screen, but we're looking at the audience again. It's Playstation VR compatible though.

*The Playstation VR headset arrives October 13 in the US. $399. 50 games from launch to the end of the year.

*Farpoint. You're on another planet. It's VR.
*A Star Wars VR shooter. You fly an X-Wing. Battlefield: X-Wing VR.
*I hear Mark Hamill as the Joker. Batman Arkham VR. October, on on PS VR.
*Squeenix. It's FF XV with Afrojack. 9/30. On VR? I really have no idea. Even a sentence or two or context would help. In one of the several segments, a "FF XV VR experience" title card pops up, so there's something coming out. I guess.

*We're on a spaceship. They've mastered space travel, but not the art of having chairs on the bridge. Anyway, space fighters dogfight. Then you're out of the fighter and shooting with a rifle.  I see Earth in the background.Eventually I figure out it's a Call of Duty game, but I'm not sure if it's a regular CoD game or a VR one. I guess it's just the normal one- Infinite Warfare. And then we see the remaster of Modern Warfare.

*Happy music plays. And we see the Sony CEO project Crash Bandicoot's shadow. The first few Crashs remastered for PS4. And Crash will be in Skylanders too. And Skylanders offers the ability to make your own Skylander with the magic power of drawing.

*Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The demo's on PS4 right now.

*Andrew House. He's here to tell us about things that aren't lupus. He hands us off to Hiedo Kojima. He's back. "Real Time game footage"  We see a lot of crabs. And dead fish. And a baby, which is attached to a guy with a umbilical cord. Um. I don't think it works that way. No, not even if he appears to have a C-section scar. Norman Reedus in Death Stranding.

*Insomniac. And Marvel. And Spidey, in close to his Civil War costume. A Spiderman game. Didn't catch a title though.

*The CEO again with a live demo of Days Gone, the previously mentioned mopey biker game. Okay, it's after the apocalypse. Where are you getting gasoline?  Or batteries for those radios? Some years have passed after all. Biker boy makes a silencer with an auto part, which I don't think actually works. And albino cannibals attack! There's a whole lot of them. Seriously, there's hundreds of them in this lumber mill. What exactly are they eating to survive? Wildlife wouldn't get near them and they're healthy enough that biker guy can barely outrun them. At least until he runs himself into a corner.

*Montage! Playstation games! Igor from Persona's in there. So is Lego Dimensions, South Park and Street Fighter.

And that's it. Sony kept it to just over an hour, as compared to Ubi's conference, which is in its 7th hour now. It was rumored earlier today that they were hastily dumping their announcements on the PS 4.5/ Neo and there was indeed no info on it. No idle chatter, even to the point were they could have used some. Nothing mentioned outside of games and a brief mention of Orlando.  No mention of the Vita either.  I'm hearing others raving but I'm not sold. The new IPs didn't impress and the old properties seemed more of the same. Even Horizon reminded me of Far Cry.  Oh well. YMMV.

Tomorrow, Square Enix and Nintendo holds a Treehouse thing offsite.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:41:39 PM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 09:56:04 AM »
Nintendo seems to be taking a "let's do extended announcements" approach to their Treehouse event, which translates to "Watch the stream all day" which isn't going to happen. They have announced The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. There was a previously announced time for a conference and I'll check back to see if there's a condensed conference at that time.

(a few hours later) The Nintendo stream has been showing Zelda non-stop, but Paper Mario: Color Splash (Oct 7) was announced at some point.
Also: Mario Party: Star Rush (Nov 4, 3ds)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:45:26 PM by Compound »

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3559
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 03:19:14 PM »
Lost in the shuffle: Stardew Valley is coming to Xbone, PS4, and Wii U. Fingers crossed for an eventual 3DS release because that would ROCK my bus ride.

Overall, this has been a pretty disappointing E3. Nothing Microsoft or Sony announced is super-exciting to me, and Nintendo hasn't really announced anything new. (Mario Party might be new, but that's hardly jaw-dropping news.) I usually count on Nintendo to get me hyped up, but while Zelda looks awesome, Pokémon looks neat enough to knock me off the wagon, and Paper Mario will inevitably rock, I've known about those games for months. Come on, Nintendo! E3's not over yet. Give me a new Metroid or a Mother 3 localization, or an intriguing new IP that'll make me rethink how I play games or SOMETHING.