Author Topic: INDIANA JONES 5  (Read 8542 times)

jonalame

Re: INDIANA JONES 5
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »
I find it strange that Ford is finally finished with Star Wars and much relieved to be so when Indiana Jones rears it's head again. None of this makes any sense. You don't have to ask Ford what he thinks, he'll take the job while hating the whole thing. Spielberg quite famously said he was done with the series and didn't want to do another when he began on Crystal Skull... I can't imagine he would want to draw any attention back to that black spot on his record. I'd hope it was a heart felt apology in movie form. Shia all but publicly apologized for Tarzan swinging and jeep-to-jeep fencing on a long and wide swathe cut through the jungle large enough to accommodate their passing. Dare I say the project would actually benefit from George Lucas' input? His rage over Star Wars might actually help him craft a story worth watching.

Came here to talk shit about ID5, came away with Tintin.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2433
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 06:12:03 PM »
So am I the only one who got basically nothing from Tintin?

No, I didn't like it either.  The voices for Titin and Captain Haddock will completely wrong (at least from the cartoon) and just too many references to story-lines that hadn't happened yet. Never mind that it went straight from "Secret of the Unicorn" to "Red Rackham's Treasure"!   :angry:

And the Dark Knight trilogy sucks because they adapted things out of chronological order! And Heath Ledger didn't sound like Cesar Romero!  :angry: :grr: :gouge: :violin:
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5368
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 07:14:02 PM »
I find it strange that Ford is finally finished with Star Wars and much relieved to be so when Indiana Jones rears it's head again.

I was thinking the same thing. Is Ford going to insist that this character die too? I'm not sure I want to see another of his iconic characters get murdered in front of our eyes.  :'(

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 07:20:52 PM »
TBH, the prospect of watching Indy die is the main thing this movie has going for it.

Hopefully he is replaced with a female archaeologist.
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1233
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 07:59:35 PM »
Lara Croft as played by Daisy Ridley

I find it strange that Ford is finally finished with Star Wars and much relieved to be so when Indiana Jones rears it's head again.

I was thinking the same thing. Is Ford going to insist that this character die too? I'm not sure I want to see another of his iconic characters get murdered in front of our eyes.  :'(

Luckily nobody will make you watch it, PHEW!  ::)
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3981

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 81
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2016, 11:25:35 PM »
Well, before last year I would've said this was a terrible idea.

But now I have faith in Lucasfilm under its new management. And as for Harrison Ford's age, well, depends what kind of SHAPE he's in really. He's not gonna be as quick as he was in 1981, but he's not some senile, decrepit old man with a walker, either.

It COULD still suck, but I'd say it has a better chance of being good now than it did, say, five years ago.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2016, 11:57:28 PM »
If he can still pull off Han Solo, he can pull off Indy.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 12:31:27 AM »

You don't think Indy is more demanding than Han Solo?
FINE

jonalame

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 01:44:57 AM »
I want to see Indy punch a guy and hurt his hand and then adopt that classic faux-apologetic smirk as he tries to weasel his way out. I want Indy to get his ass kicked by a brute who he eventually tosses into some open machinery. I want to see Indy running the hell away from danger. I digress. Indy's vulnerability and the way he scrapes by are arguably the main reason we root for the character. You believe he is in danger and he's a likeable guy. You hope he makes it through. You might call it adventurous. This concept was missing from Crystal Skull and it would do a world of good if it returned for the fifth movie.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 02:14:18 AM »

You don't think Indy is more demanding than Han Solo?

I put gun-toting space-smuggler about on the same level as gun-toting archaeologist. Granted, Indie probably can't get into fist-fights or climb onto moving tanks anymore, but car chases and treasure hunting would still be on the agenda.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2016, 03:26:25 AM »
I don't buy it. It was SAD to see Grampa pretending to be Indy last time, and this is many years on.
FINE

Ben

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »
I don't buy it. It was SAD to see Grampa pretending to be Indy last time, and this is many years on.

How was it sad? I thought Harrison Ford sold the "grizzly old SOB" vibe quite well.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2016, 05:17:16 PM »

How was it sad? I thought Harrison Ford sold the "grizzly old SOB" vibe quite well.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
FINE

Ben

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2016, 07:34:04 AM »
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

If you say so. IMO, Harrison's age was the LEAST of that movie's problems.