login

Author Topic: INDIANA JONES 5  (Read 8367 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: INDIANA JONES 5
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 06:33:26 PM »
Is Lucas involved or did he give up Indy, too?
Hmm, good question. He wrote all of the Indy movies, right? Or does he just have a story credit?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2337
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 06:39:45 PM »
I just looked. Just story.
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1223
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 07:29:46 PM »
I hope it has a lot of handsome psychopaths, morally compromised protagonists, shades of gray, profanity and nihilistic gore.  Well, it's already got morally compromised protagonist and shades of grey down
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 09:06:56 PM »
shades of grey down

So you want Indy and Marion to have a BDSM relationship? That's fifty shades of f'ed up, man.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 09:25:45 PM »
shades of grey down

So you want Indy and Marion to have a BDSM relationship? That's fifty shades of f'ed up, man.

As long as they're both consenting, he does already have a whip

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Ben

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 10:20:56 PM »
I hope it has a lot of handsome psychopaths, morally compromised protagonists, shades of gray, profanity and nihilistic gore.  Well, it's already got morally compromised protagonist and shades of grey down

I'm trying to understand the humor here, but I can't. How specifically is Indy "morally compromised?" Are you referring to the time he smacked Short Round in "Temple of Doom?"

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 10:26:52 PM »

I'm trying to understand the humor here, but I can't. How specifically is Indy "morally compromised?" Are you referring to the time he smacked Short Round in "Temple of Doom?"

Well, he's a thief, right?
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 10:46:13 PM »

He also steals artifacts from tribes and such, I like Museums a lot but they're basically big collections of stolen property 

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 10:52:48 PM »

He also steals artifacts from tribes and such, I like Museums a lot but they're basically big collections of stolen property

That's what I meant by he's a thief.
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 11:15:48 PM »

That's what I meant by he's a thief.

I'm on autopilot today, just realized it's not Thursday

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 10:59:53 AM »
An inevitable choice, and though it's also a bad one, that's just sort of the nature of modern franchises, so here we are. As always, we've got to hope for the best.

At the very least, Spielberg proved he's still got the right mindset when he made the essentially-Indy-5-already Adventures Of Tintin, so that does inspire a little faith.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 11:09:23 AM »
So am I the only one who got basically nothing from Tintin?

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »
A think a fair number of people were left cold by that movie for a variety of reasons (Tintin's characterization seemed to be chief among them, followed by the mo-cap qualms). I just wasn't one of them, as I loved it then and now.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
A think a fair number of people were left cold by that movie for a variety of reasons (Tintin's characterization seemed to be chief among them, followed by the mo-cap qualms). I just wasn't one of them, as I loved it then and now.
Yeah, I think Tintin was one of my biggest issues. I described it as Stuff That Happens To Tin Tin: The Movie in my review back then.

BiteMe316

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »
So am I the only one who got basically nothing from Tintin?

No, I didn't like it either.  The voices for Titin and Captain Haddock will completely wrong (at least from the cartoon) and just too many references to story-lines that hadn't happened yet. Never mind that it went straight from "Secret of the Unicorn" to "Red Rackham's Treasure"!   :angry: