Author Topic: 'Sharknado 4': Gary Busey, Cheryl Tiegs sign on to SyFy movie  (Read 1266 times)

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
No Ann Coulter this time, I hope.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/sharknado-4-gary-busey-cheryl-tiegs-sign-on-to-syfy-movie

When flying sharks aren’t quite enough chaos for your movie, what do you do? The answer is simple. You add Gary Busey. That’s just what happened as SyFy announced that the mercurial actor and reality show regular will join the fourth incarnation of the Sharknado series.

Busey will play April Wexler’s (Tara Reid) father, a scientist named Wilford.  The network also announced that former supermodel Cheryl Tiegs has signed on to the made-for-TV movie as Fin’s (Ian Ziering) mother as has comedian Tommy Davidson.

Whether this new casting will breathe life back into the series remains to be seen. Last summer’s Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! had 1.1 million viewers in the 18-49 demo. This was down 31 percent from Sharknado 2, which aired in July 2014.

It’s unknown whether Tara Reid will reprise her role. Sharknado 3 ended with a cliff hanger about her fate with viewers to determine it via online polling. 

The not-yet-cleverly-titled Sharknado 4 will air this July.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: 'Sharknado 4': Gary Busey, Cheryl Tiegs sign on to SyFy movie
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:03:05 PM »
Why... Just WHY do they keep making these movies ??? :-[

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 200
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:12:46 PM »
When you can make green from garbage...even if it's just table scraps...sometimes that what you do.

The only thing is, at least Sharknado is a known property for them.  By making them, it's possible to avoid them, unlike their lesser known fare like the Megashark series and...ugh...Legion of the Dead.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 06:17:25 PM »
Why... Just WHY do they keep making these movies ??? :-[

Fun? although I didn't like the second one
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:57:55 AM »
I genuinely liked the first one. But the second one veered too far towards stupid, even for me. I'm waiting for the Rifftrax to see the third one. I assumed it would be a live show this year. But maybe not.
I like the inclusion of Busey, I just wish he (or someone like him) were the star instead of Ian Zeiring. You know, someone who is actually interesting, and has charisma.

Offline Toplar Scarre

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 07:36:28 AM »
I genuinely liked the first one. But the second one veered too far towards stupid, even for me. I'm waiting for the Rifftrax to see the third one. I assumed it would be a live show this year. But maybe not.

The Kickstarter is still in it's initial stages, and they haven't announced the stretch goals yet, so there's still hope for a Sharknado 3 live show.  So I'm still hoping for it too, being that the first time that I watched Sharknado 1 and 2 was due to the live shows, and I don't want to watch Sharknado 3 for the first time unriffed.

Toplar Scarre is a proud backer of the 2017 RiffTrax Live! Kickstarter campaign.

The Toplar Scarre RiffTrax collection count: 385 Riffs and growing.

http://eerielatenight.com: for the best horror hosts, classic B horror films and live chat with horror hosts and horror movie fans.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 01:26:54 AM »
Oh, for a minute there I read "Gary Busey" as though it was subtitle of the next movie, like:

Sharknado 4: Gary Busey

Coming July 2016!

I would maybe see that one, even without Rifftrax.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 02:03:11 PM »
Sharknado: The 4th Awakens proves it’s time to put this franchise to sleep

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/sharknado-4th-awakens-proves-its-time-put-franchis-240179