Author Topic: So is this coming to download? Or just not going to happen?  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Sajiky

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
So is this coming to download? Or just not going to happen?
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:40:59 PM »
I was really stoked when I heard they were redoing The Room live.   I'm disabled and going to a theater is simply out of the question, but assumed that shortly thereafter it would be released for download, pretty bummed that hasn't happened.

As an aside, being a shut-in the Rifftrax guys and gals bring a lot of joy to my life.  Really helps me get through some rough times believe it or not.

Also I wasn't planning to start a new post with a similar one already here, but when I went to reply to the existing post, something popped up saying that topic was so old I should start a new one.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:43:49 PM by Sajiky »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
Re: So is this coming to download? Or just not going to happen?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:10:15 AM »
I think you'll have to get in line behind all of us waiting for Harry Potter!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 03:37:08 PM »
Oh wait a live video? That was never happening, that's why they added a new Room mp3 to the rewards, which is now out for backers.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 04:27:49 PM »
Are the disembaudio lines missing for anyone else in the new room mp3?

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 04:34:59 PM »
Haven't checked but that would really suck for reauthors

Offline Toplar Scarre

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 11:52:43 PM »
The new The Room mp3 is available for all right now:

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-room

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-room-rifftrax-live-edition

(MOD EDIT: The link changed )
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:57:50 PM by MrTorso »
Toplar Scarre is a proud backer of the 2017 RiffTrax Live! Kickstarter campaign.

The Toplar Scarre RiffTrax collection count: 385 Riffs and growing.

http://eerielatenight.com: for the best horror hosts, classic B horror films and live chat with horror hosts and horror movie fans.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 05:32:13 AM »

The readme file had all the dis lines and their times but they weren't audible on the mp3.

I use the first dis line to get close, but I use the guys' timing to sync so it really just saved me the step of silencing dis' lines.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 06:15:50 AM »

I use the first dis line to get close, but I use the guys' timing to sync so it really just saved me the step of silencing dis' lines.
Yeah I use the first and last Dis lines myself to make sure there's no drift but if there's no Dis lines, that might make things a bit more complicated, for me at least the way I do it in Pinnacle Studio  :-\

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »
Yeah I use the first and last Dis lines myself to make sure there's no drift but if there's no Dis lines, that might make things a bit more complicated, for me at least the way I do it in Pinnacle Studio  :-\

Rifftrax is almost always spot on with their blockbuster riffs. There's really only a handful of mp3s out of the 140 some odd that I've ever experienced drift with. Like maybe five total. If it happens, it's usually because I have the wrong cut of the film.

Offline Sajiky

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 01:02:38 PM »
Yeah they stay right on for me,  if they get messed up is generally my own fault.  I actually wouldn't find it to hard to synch without dissembodio. 

It's usually pretty obvious what joke goes where so all I need is to time up something I know they said right after a particular movie line,  then just line up the audio track to stay the appropriate joke right after the line it is in response to, and Bob's your uncle.

If it does actually drift its usually cause I managed to get pal and ntsc mixed up for the umpteenth time  (not to mention then getting ntsf and ntsc mixed lol,  I spend al lot of time confused).

Oh almost forgot thanks RiffTrax for getting the audio out, had to buy the danged movie but worth it.

Offline JusSonic

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 02:26:35 AM »
If we can't get the whole thing, can we at least see "At Your Fingertips: Floats" released separately on VOD?

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 10:30:50 AM »
If we can't get the whole thing, can we at least see "At Your Fingertips: Floats" released separately on VOD?

This will be happening at some point. (and it was Sugar & Spice for this show - but both this and Floats will eventually be released as "Live" shorts.)

As for the whole show being released - that, unfortunately, won't be happening.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:32:24 AM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline JusSonic

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 03:39:24 PM »

This will be happening at some point. (and it was Sugar & Spice for this show - but both this and Floats will eventually be released as "Live" shorts.)

As for the whole show being released - that, unfortunately, won't be happening.

Fine, fine, I guess. Well, the least I can do is, when I do get the shorts, is, with the copy of the Room and commentary, I can pretend that I was watching it and making my own host segments.