login

Author Topic: The Film Crew: Hollywood After Dark  (Read 421 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 293
The Film Crew: Hollywood After Dark
« on: February 26, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/the-film-crew-hollywood-after-dark

After MST3K but before RiffTrax, there was…. The Film Crew! This short-lived but hilarious four-episode project featured our own Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett as three basement-dwelling working stiffs tasked with reviewing movies for their insane boss.

Beloved, sassy Golden Girl Rue McClanahan stars as an unbeloved, depressive stripper who wants to become a movie star but can’t get any roles better than, say “Stripper #3” in Mondo Topless. But love is in the air, mingling with LA smog, as Rue falls for assistant junkyard attendee Tony, played by Anthony Vorno (Sweet trash, Jailbait Babysitter).

Surprisingly, things go wrong and one of them turns up dead. There’s plenty of dimly-lit Burlesque dancing on a bare, presumable filthy stage, plus pale, hairy men in tight swimsuits, and drug-laced creepy sex! HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! It’s up to the Film Crew to turn this bleak cautionary tale into a hilarious, um, cautionary tale. Lunch is provided.

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-film-crew-hollywood-after-dark

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 443
Re: The Film Crew: Hollywood After Dark
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 07:43:07 AM »
A fun one, I actually liked the "host segments" of the Film Crew. Too bad it couldn't survived along Rifftrax's track to where they're at today.  The premise/host-segments in the FC are fun.

As for Hollywood After Dark, meh movie. As expected.  But, got to say, young Rue McCalanahan works for me. I know it's "fun" to have the "disturbed reactions" to her sexual presentation here given she's most know for playing a randy retiree; but young Rue? I dunno, I'd be happy with it.