Author Topic: New iRiff Scripts in the works  (Read 400 times)

Offline ElegantButler

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
New iRiff Scripts in the works
« on: February 22, 2016, 05:35:33 PM »
I'm planning to do scripts for the following iRiffs:

Tank Girl
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
The Haunted Mansion
and
Dogma.

I've currently just completed the script for the first half of scene one (opening credits and exposition)  of "Tank Girl" and plan to write up all the scripts before I start the actual Riffing part.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: New iRiff Scripts in the works
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:01:02 AM »
Good luck to you.

If you don't mind me asking, why so many comedies? I kind of get Haunted Mansion in that failed comedy along the lines of Hobgoblins or Catalina Caper thing, but Dogma and Killer Klowns seem like strange targets.

Killer Klowns might prove especially difficult since it's a satire of a bad movie, even if you don't like it you can risk sounding like you're the one that isn't in on the joke.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ElegantButler

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
Re: New iRiff Scripts in the works
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 09:11:16 AM »
Good luck to you.

If you don't mind me asking, why so many comedies? I kind of get Haunted Mansion in that failed comedy along the lines of Hobgoblins or Catalina Caper thing, but Dogma and Killer Klowns seem like strange targets.

Killer Klowns might prove especially difficult since it's a satire of a bad movie, even if you don't like it you can risk sounding like you're the one that isn't in on the joke.

I don't know if I'll succeed in Killer's Klowns, but I'm going to try at least. If I don't like the way the writing looks, I'll probably abandon it. But I want to at least see if I can do it.

I'm currently working on Tank Girl which is proving rather easy to riff so far, and yes it does contain the obligatory one or two Clockwork Orange references (both tastefully done).