Author Topic: Rifftrax people on Letterboxd  (Read 5544 times)

Online George-2.0

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 167
Re: Rifftrax people on Letterboxd
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2018, 05:53:58 AM »
Lets see, in 2017 I caught 1,078 movies (I watched a LOT of shorts, which is why that number is so inflated)

The movies I watched twice on the year: Logan, Wonder Woman, Show People and the Good Fairy

The first film I saw in 2017 was great - Monsieur Hire on Jan 1st. The last movie was an okay horror flick directed by Anthony Perkins son, The Blackcoat's Daughter on Dec 31st

My most watched director was Carlos Saura, with 12 films (I also watched a lot of Anthony Mann, Cecil B. Demille, Bunuel and Ozu)

My most watched actor was Anna May Wong with 21 films (I also watched a lot with Edward G. Robinson, John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Sylvia Sidney, Maria Schell and Dirk Bogarde)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:08:47 AM by George-2.0 »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1273
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2018, 09:34:14 AM »
Oh hey, didn't know about this site.  Spent a good hour going through and ranking movies on the most popular list (604 so far).  Going to try and import my ratings from netflix now, see if I can get that to work.  I'll add everyone here as friends in a bit too.  My user name is Fourvel. https://letterboxd.com/Fourvel/

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, I would need Linux to import my netflix ratings.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:02:30 AM by Variety of Cells »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2379
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2018, 01:16:00 PM »
Is there anything more satisfying than starting one of these kinds of sites on New Years?
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »
Is there anything more satisfying than starting one of these kinds of sites on New Years?

Not quite satisfying... more like an addiction.  Really want to get up to 1000 movies watched, but the last 200 are going to be tough.  I know I've seen them, it's just remembering what they are, now that I've already gone through most of the popular lists. 

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2379
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2018, 04:05:43 PM »
When I had downtime at work, I went through decade by decade (or it might have even been year by year, I can’t remember now) and looked at the first two pages of each marking the ones I had seen.
FINE

Online George-2.0

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2018, 07:03:22 PM »
I did something like that as well, I also went through actors, directors, etc filmographies.

But I'm still stumbling across movies. There are those I just can't remember even with trailers. I picked up this DVD from the library, it was about cops, starred Don Cheadle, Ethan Hawk, Richard Geer, etc. About 10 minutes in I was like, "I have seen this already."

And the other day I found a movie I've been trying to remember for the past year or so, It was "In the Land of Women" - I thought it starred Nicole Kidman, but it was Meg Ryan... I forgot Kristen Stewart was in it, but I had a vague remembrance of the story.

So I figure there are a lot more out there to hunt down (right now I'm... "I think I've seen Paul Muni's "Black Fury")

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2018, 07:59:58 PM »
I decided to manually scroll through the list of star ratings I've given on Netflix.  Apparently I was pretty religious about it back in film school, because jesus, I've seen so many films.  I've forgotten so many of these, it's like going on a weird trip back into the past of my personal film history, because they are ordered by when I rated them. 

I had to stop, there were too many.  I'll finish the rest tomorrow.  Up to 1110.  Still not as many as most of you here, but it feels like a lot.  Kind of forgot what a giant part of my life movies have been.  Well over 2,000 hours spent watching movies.  And I spend about 2,500 hours working on movies and TV each year. 

Speaking of which, hey George, you saw Landline?  It was alright?  I worked on that film and I forgot that it was out now.  Been interested in seeing it.

Online George-2.0

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »
Yeah it was good. I almost skipped it because I didn't care for Obvious Child, but Landline was much better. For me at least. BTW, what does you're job entail?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:23:21 AM by George-2.0 »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2018, 06:21:54 AM »
Yeah it was good. I almost skipped it because I didn't care for Obvious Child, but Landline was much better. For me at least. BTW, what does you're job entail?

I’m a set electrician, or a lamp operator.  My main job is to set up the lights, focus them, and power them up. But we also make sure the rest of the crew has power, so that the camera batteries are charging, special effects fans are blowing, makeup’s curling iron’s are hot, and the director’s phone is charged up.  My job is mostly running cable. Lots and lots of cable.

I’m a member of Local 52 out in NY. Been mostly on TV shows lately because there’s a million of them. But I’ve been on a few movies here and there.

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 58
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2018, 12:49:57 AM »
My Letterboxd year in review.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison