Author Topic: So what did Santa and his Fairy Office Manager cause you to believe?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Lunquewill

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 11
I believe that this movie was formed by putting the story of Santa and the tale of the Master Maid on a piece wood and banging a few nails through them.

Offline Toplar Scarre

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 13
Re: So what did Santa and his Fairy Office Manager cause you to believe?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 06:40:11 PM »
I believe that when French Santa Claus and French Hot Fairy kiss French kids 10 seconds after first meeting them, they don't get put on a watch list.

I believe that forcibly throwing small defenseless puppies at sleeping kids is the best way to wake them up.

I believe that French Santa Claus was smarter than Florida Santa Claus by actually entering a body of water to cool off instead of just sitting around and endlessly complaining about it.

I believe that U.M. means Unaccompanied Minors. 

I believe that when an ogre eats dog food, it means eating food that is actually a dog.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:48:18 PM by Toplar Scarre »
Toplar Scarre is a proud backer of the 2017 RiffTrax Live! Kickstarter campaign.

The Toplar Scarre RiffTrax collection count: 385 Riffs and growing.

http://eerielatenight.com: for the best horror hosts, classic B horror films and live chat with horror hosts and horror movie fans.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »
I believe that the Ogre looks an awful lot like Richard Terry (from the Total Riff Offs, in case I got his name wrong).

I believe that Santa Bombaye actually translates to Santa Kill Him.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:32:15 PM by ManUnderMask »
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline kunedog

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 04:34:59 PM »
I believe that Fairy Teacher gave the film 90% of its watchability.

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »
I learned that I wasn't the only one who wanted to put whipped cream on the Good Fairy.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 695
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
I believe that Fairy Teacher gave the film 90% of its watchability.

Truth. Too bad she's so bad at her teaching job that she doesn't notice that she left the airport with two fewer students than she came with.

I believe that airport security was so lax in the 70s, you could be mistaken for unaccompanied minors by someone who doesn't even ask your name, get on an international flight without a boarding pass or passport, and get off and leave the airport, while still wearing the "UM" tags, without anyone noticing or caring. Even though the actual unaccompanied minors would certainly have been found by then, and the airport in Finland notified to be on the lookout.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 460
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »
I'm willing to believe, and think this was actually the case, the air-travel in the 70s was so slap-shot the thing with the kids could have actually happened on the plane. 

But the Naughty Teacher (I had the same "Hello!" reaction Mike had when the Fairy/Teacher switched to her Little Red Riding Hood disguise) not noticing she was absent two students and, apparently, going through the rest of the day (or was it more like two days?) without noticing the missing kids.  I mean she just asks the kids on the bus if everyone is there and takes their word for it when they all says yes? No head count? No roll call? No simply missing the kid whom you already have some level of connection with by his parents being held captive by South-African Terrorists?!

I believe that it's possible to be held captive by South African Terrorists/Para-Militia Group, escape, and make it back to civilization and fly back home in Europe over night. It's also possible to do this without any media attention whatsoever.  Then once you get home you're kind of tired so you poop-out in the living room before seeing your beloved child you've not seen in a long time.

I believe that the story with the abusive janitor in the beginning was going somewhere beyond setting up the Wizard of Oz-ian compare/contrast with the Santa-Land ogre being the janitor.

That children being told that that an child-eating ogre lives in a nearby forest won't deter them from entering said forest.

I believe that Santa and the kids got a pretty good deal of daylight for Northern Finland which gets around 2.5 hours of daylight around Christmas time.

It's kind of interesting, one of the toys (I think he called it a "gas station" or something) Santa had the kids help deliver was a Hot Wheels folding city-area toy I had as a kid. It was more than a "gas station", my good sir!  But I had that toy in the 80s, which makes me believe this movie was made then, and not the 70s, unless that exact-same Hot Wheels toy existed for nearly 10 years.

Offline kunedog

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 09:38:21 AM »
I believe that airport security was so lax in the 70s, you could be mistaken for unaccompanied minors by someone who doesn't even ask your name, get on an international flight without a boarding pass or passport, and get off and leave the airport, while still wearing the "UM" tags, without anyone noticing or caring. Even though the actual unaccompanied minors would certainly have been found by then, and the airport in Finland notified to be on the lookout.

I'm willing to believe, and think this was actually the case, the air-travel in the 70s was so slap-shot the thing with the kids could have actually happened on the plane. 

If you believe Molly Shannon, she tells a strikingly similar story (identical in all the important details, except that the flight wasn't international) that happened when she was twelve (in the 70s):
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/477/getting-away-with-it?act=3#play

It's kind of interesting, one of the toys (I think he called it a "gas station" or something) Santa had the kids help deliver was a Hot Wheels folding city-area toy I had as a kid. It was more than a "gas station", my good sir!  But I had that toy in the 80s, which makes me believe this movie was made then, and not the 70s, unless that exact-same Hot Wheels toy existed for nearly 10 years.

The year on the IMDB link is 1984.  As soon as Santa said "gas station" and the guys made fun of it, I immediately thought "Actually, one of my favorite toys in the 80s . . .", and the boy was already opening it up before I could finish.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 460
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 07:02:23 AM »
It was an oddly fun toy!

Looking into it, it does seem versions of it existed between 1979 and 1984 or so. But this one was clearly one of the the '80s model like [we] had then, and as you said, the movie was C-1984. (I didn't look before posting/reading the thread. Someone up-threaded said something about the 70s which didn't seem right to me.)

It also seems there were a few different versions of this folding toy, some differences between the 1970s versions and 1980s versions, also a version that was a quarry/dig site and not a city.

But I recall the one I had, and checking it out on-line confirms, had retractable buildings on the upper tier of it.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:17:56 AM by Trekker4747 »

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 08:56:50 PM »
I believe that the Finnish Christmas Fairy gets her clothing designs straight from the Capitol in Panem. Effie Trinket could have worn that get-up herself.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 695
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 06:26:05 PM »
I believe that when the producers decided to put Gorgeous Fairy Teacher in a Little Red Riding Hood costume, they figured they may as well just give up all pretext that anyone was watching this movie for any reason other than to look at her.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »
I believe I know the reason this never made it as a Christmas Classic

I believe I prefer Hot Fairies over Old Merlins in my classic Christmas tales any old day.

I believe the inclusion of martians would have made the 5X more watchable.

I believe Santa and Hot Fairy are not very good at planning things out when it comes to their version of 'The Wild Geese' when it comes to rescuing political prisoners.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4983
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »
Monkeys know who Santa Claus is and are keenly aware of when Christmas is.