login

Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII Coming In 2015 - No Spoilers Here!  (Read 300197 times)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII Coming In 2015 - No Spoilers Here!
« Reply #2490 on: January 21, 2016, 02:12:21 PM »
So I was able to arrange a ride to a matinee today, ate the brownie that was in my freezer for a month, kicked in right at the opening crawl as planned. It was me and TWO people way in the top row. So, I dug the viewing conditions.

I guess my reaction is the same as what I picked up without really seeking out reviews: I really, really enjoyed it,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't think that was a spoiler really, but I'm being in ultra sanitized mode for you. ^_^

That said, I'm gonna watch it again in a few minutes.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5311
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #2493 on: February 23, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »
I still don't understand how Titanic and Avatar are beating it worldwide.  I still don't understand why people loved Avatar as much as they did, and how it possibly earned as much money as it did.  People LOVED it, but now if you ask anyone, they're pretty meh about it.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2494 on: February 23, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »
Avatar had the novelty power of being the first big-budget movie to use the new 3D glasses. People came for the spectacle(s), and it was a gorgeous movie, and pretty fun. It just didn't leave an impression, somehow. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Disney's "Dinosaur". Technically impressive, and I KNOW it had an audience. The theaters weren't empty when I saw it. But even the die-hard Disney fans barely remember it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:44:52 PM by Pak-Man »

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #2495 on: February 23, 2016, 01:03:59 PM »
Avatar had the novelty power of being the first big-budget movie to use the new 3D glasses. People came for the spectacle(s), and it was a gorgeous movie, and pretty fun. It just didn't leave an impression, somehow. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Disney's "Dinosaur". Technically impressive, and I KNOW it had an audience. The theaters weren't empty when I saw it. But even the die-hard Disney fans barely remember it.

Really? It reminded me of Pocahontas.

Actually, I understand where you're coming from. The closest I can come to that in my mind is The Life of Pi. I didn't particularly enjoy it; way too preachy a movie about an obnoxious quirky kid surviving in adverse conditions, but the spectacle of it was beautiful.

jonalame

« Reply #2496 on: February 25, 2016, 08:15:10 AM »
Avatar made $2,000,000,000 overseas.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #2497 on: March 18, 2016, 09:42:51 PM »
Yea,  I thought most of the Avatar success was that it was huge in Brazil or some shit.

Anyways... Star Wars 7.... Tired rehash of Ep4 but unlike the prequels had good performances and pacing.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3224
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2498 on: April 01, 2016, 09:03:29 AM »
I was looking forward to seeing VII in 3D at home, but nope, no 3D blu-ray release.  Maybe later in the year.  So a ploy to get people to buy the movie twice?  I won't be buying this twice so will probably just go with the 2D version.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #2499 on: April 01, 2016, 10:09:48 PM »
I saw the 3D in the theater.  It was obviously a 2D to 3D conversion, so you're not losing anything there if you don't have the 3D edition(but I'm sure one will come eventually).  That said, I think I may just wait until all three get released in a box set before I buy them.  I've spent enough on the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies to know it's best just to wait and get them when they're done.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3224
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2500 on: April 10, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »
Sphero updated their BB-8 toy app so you can watch the movie and have the toy react, and messages come up on your device screen when new characters first come on screen.

Tried it and it's kind of fun, it made gestures and sounds and lit up at appropriate times during the movie.  Since the battery in the BB-8 wouldn't last the entire movie you've got to set it on it's charging base, so he doesn't get to roll around doing stuff.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2501 on: May 05, 2016, 11:57:29 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/otRWr9lV9rw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/otRWr9lV9rw</a>

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #2502 on: May 05, 2016, 12:09:43 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/otRWr9lV9rw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/otRWr9lV9rw</a>

It's okay.  Some of those were good, but much of it was a stretch.  Whoever edits the clips for Jimmy Kimmel is a master:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CcHuuFE-aSA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CcHuuFE-aSA</a>

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2503 on: May 05, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »
Yeah his are hilarious :D :D