Author Topic: "Have a Mary Jo Christmas and a Bridget New Year!" Special VOD Out Now!  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
http://www.rifftrax.com/have-a-mary-jo-christmas-and-a-bridget-new-year

Listen: can’t you just hear the snowflakes falling and the carolers caroling and the egg nog nogging? That means it’s time for A Mary Jo Christmas and A Bridget New Year!

It’s very special RiffTrax special, featuring yourses trulies, and some very special guest stars! So gather ‘round your technology device, pour yourself a hot toddy, gather the kiddos and granddad and Nana too, and make this special a special part of your happy holidays. Our Christmas gift to you.

Includes two shorts - A Christmas Carol and The Little Lamb with breaks and banter in between.

http://www.rifftrax.com/have-a-mary-jo-christmas-and-a-bridget-new-year
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4952
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: "Have a Mary Jo Christmas and a Bridget New Year!" Special VOD Out Now!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 08:30:15 PM »
So...they took the arguably best version of A Christmas Carol, and edited the shit out of it to make it awful. Getting rid of all that pesky acting, setup, character arc, and third Christmas ghost. Damn, I think we owe Sandy Frank some respect after this.

Offline Gran

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 03:46:44 PM »
I think Castle Films edited it, not RT.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 01:10:34 PM »
Watched this last night and wanted to put in word of how much I enjoyed it. Especially since the discussion at Satellite News is all trolls and stupidity.
All of the MJ and B shorts have been great. The Christmas Carol was a little weak for them I think because of the editing (it was all over the place and never gave them something to get a hold of--ah, Castle Films) but loved the commercial, the Dean Martin Elf fever dream, and the Lamb short. The "host skits" were good though went on a little long at times.
Now let's see a full length riff from them!

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 325
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 12:12:59 PM »
As a child, I used to take a razor blade and cut through the tape, just enough to be sure that I'd gotten what I asked for. Which was invariably a video game.

Now I have a 20 month old niece, and I love her to death. But I can't help but feel that she gets all the attention and gifts  >:( All I wanted was a $350 nVidia GTX 970 graphics card. Is that too much to ask?

But then she came over to me, grabbed my index fingers, and led me through the crowd of people she didn't know. I'm 6'3", and she's this tiny girl. Yet the fact that she wanted to have me with her was the best gift I've ever received.