Author Topic: Volume XXXV Tiles!  (Read 2939 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Volume XXXV Tiles!
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »
The titles in Volume 35 are:

315- Teenage Caveman
405- Being from Another Planet
524- 12 To The Moon
703- Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
Re: Volume XXXV Tiles!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:04:28 AM »
I need to catch up!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 823
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:06:37 AM »
Only 26 more episodes to go! (Non-KTMA)
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:18:07 AM »
Nice! Loved Deathstalker, Being, and Teenage Caveman.  12 to the Moon is my only meh...3 out of 4 winners means a great set!

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:22:57 AM »
Only 26 more episodes to go! (Non-KTMA)
Wow, that few?  Wonder if Shout's gonna start releasing official KTMA eps now that Joel has the rights back and (possibly?) has the 3 missing eps?  I think I have all of the non releases on VHS from the old, "keep sharing the tapes" days.  I was pretty set years back on trading/getting them all.  Definetely a few out there (especially KTMA) where I could use better transfers.  Don't watch the tapes anymore just because I'm terrified they'll get eaten and I wont get a new one.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 11:26:02 AM »
If Shout! ever officially released the KTMA episodes (which I don't see them doing) then I imagine they wouldn't be part of them normal series of releases. You would never want people buying them expecting the standard show.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 11:57:51 AM »
Yeah I understand that.  I mean...the jokes are few and far between and Joel...well...as funny and original as he was/is he never really could act...far more apparent in the KTMA skits.  Not to mention the whole Beeper/Tom confusion.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6252
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 01:32:19 PM »
Weren't the KTMA movies mostly public doamain? Maybe if it's cheaper (due to rights issues), SHOUT could release them as a set or something. I'd have to imagine that the sales would be a lot less than the typical set since only the diehard fans will get it.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 01:53:09 PM »
Weren't the KTMA movies mostly public doamain? Maybe if it's cheaper (due to rights issues), SHOUT could release them as a set or something. I'd have to imagine that the sales would be a lot less than the typical set since only the diehard fans will get it.

Yeah, but they could be a whole lot more expensive too...happens a lot when companies don't think they will sell enough of a product, they jack the price up to cover the run.  It would cool if they did like what Cartoon Network did with Space Ghost seasons 4 and 5...they just would charge you a (low) price and then just do a dvd rip with some cheap artwork.  Saves them from the expense of a big production run and you don't have to pay as much.  Of course, with the royalty headache attached that just might be un-doable.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2895
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »

There's five Gamea movies in there, to which shout no longer have the rights. I think if they were planning to release Ktma eps, we'd have got them while they held the rights to those.
FINE

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »

There's five Gamea movies in there, to which shout no longer have the rights. I think if they were planning to release Ktma eps, we'd have got them while they held the rights to those.
Well, I thought that Jim Mallon owned the rights then (or his estate) and they wouldn't let anyone touch KTMA.  Oh well, I think I went off topic.  Next set looks awesome regardless.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 02:25:43 PM »

Well, I thought that Jim Mallon owned the rights then (or his estate) and they wouldn't let anyone touch KTMA.  Oh well, I think I went off topic.  Next set looks awesome regardless.

This could be true - but still, they let the Gamera rights go, so I am doubtful.
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 06:36:18 PM »
Looking at the list of titles on this set, I have no idea if I've seen any of them!
FINE

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 09:00:56 AM »
Looking at the list of titles on this set, I have no idea if I've seen any of them!
Super Cereal?  Gonna be fun...Potato's is what WE eat!

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3684
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:43 AM »
I can say with certainty that I've never seen any of these. Looking forward to this set!