login

Author Topic: Jessica Jones (Netflix)  (Read 4769 times)

soguru

Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 11:27:33 AM »
If you haven't previously had Netflix, you could always sign up for the free trial and binge watch them and then cancel.
I hate Netflix, already had the free trail. Not sure I could afford anymore expenses anyway.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 03:13:17 PM »
If you haven't previously had Netflix, you could always sign up for the free trial and binge watch them and then cancel.
I hate Netflix, already had the free trail. Not sure I could afford anymore expenses anyway.
I still pay for it, don't know why.  Get tired of never getting new seasons of the shows I like.  But hey, at least they throw 20 new documentaries I have no interest in every couple of weeks...

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 04:07:11 PM »
Man, I love Netflix.
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1315
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 05:02:20 PM »
Man, I love Netflix.

Beasts of No Nation was quite good. 

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1233
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 09:49:40 AM »
Is it like the iTunes hate?*

*Super dumb
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 733
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2015, 03:09:09 AM »

*Super dumb

I only hate ITunes for the DRM. Their videos get shared online no matter the DRM so why bother having it all?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4307
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2015, 03:55:12 AM »

*Super dumb

I only hate ITunes for the DRM. Their videos get shared online no matter the DRM so why bother having it all?

Yeah, their DRM (well, ANY DRM, actually) results in me not buying anything at all from them (even things I might consider, despite my 'no digital-only purchasing' policy) because I can't simply stick it on a flash drive or burn it to a DVD and play it downstairs on my TV.  No friggin' way would I ever pay money for something I can't conveniently move around.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1505
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2015, 05:06:19 AM »
I've found M4Vgear to be really worthwhile to solve that problem.

Offline RobThom

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2015, 08:05:52 AM »
It doesn't look very good.
But then I'm not a big fan of smug new york angst either.

Looks like it might be good for a brutal Riffing though.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 06:16:11 PM »

Its on my radar for when my Requiem stops working or I can no longer run iTunes 10.7
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 07:03:40 PM »

Its on my radar for when my Requiem stops working or I can no longer run iTunes 10.7

I thought the iTunes store no longer supported 10.7 (it is what I still have installed).  And, yeah, Requiem allowed me to de-DRM the one and only digital-only film I've ever bought at no extra cost.

I would buy so incredibly little digital-only media that the $45 for M4Vgear is just way too much to spend, particularly when digital-only media costs more than if the same film were released on Blu-ray, with more audio and video compression and NO supplements/extras/behind-the-scenes stuff.  [Which pretty much sums up why I won't buy digital-only material.  It should cost far less than 1/2 what the same film would cost if released on Blu-ray.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »
Used it to grab the HD version of the Wizard not that long ago and 10.7 worked just fine.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2015, 03:41:48 AM »
Used it to grab the HD version of the Wizard not that long ago and 10.7 worked just fine.

Thanks.  Not sure what happened before.  I think when they first changed over to v11 the iTunes store said it wouldn't work with v10 any longer - possibly it was to force people to 'upgrade'.  But apparently they 'fixed' whatever problem it was.

I just filled in a single missing TV episode from there (to help hold me over til the Blu-ray season is released), and it worked without issue.  So thanks for the info/update!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1505
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2015, 05:34:13 AM »
I agree that the $45 is a bit pricy. I had a promo code that got it for a steep discount.
It came in handy for converting the digital copies that came with various Blu Ray discs since I can't rip them on my Mac.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4544
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »
Season 2 in March!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qgOwllnPJwo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qgOwllnPJwo</a>
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:28:42 AM by Johnny Unusual »