Author Topic: Jessica Jones (Netflix)  (Read 3789 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 963
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Jessica Jones (Netflix)
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:19:41 PM »
Jessica Jones! Brought to you by Bourbon! Sweet, sweet bourbon!

Anyway, for those who want to see the show but don't have Netflix,http://www.twitch.tv/superheronews will be streaming every episode tomorrow, starting at 9AM PST. Yes, Marvel approved this. I suspect some folks will be talking over it, but you'll still see it.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1219
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 10:42:28 PM »
TENNANT!
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1468
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:48:15 AM »
Was hoping to get started on it last night but ended up going out to a bar for a couple hours and got home really late. (Didn't see Luke Cage there, but I did see a commercial for Agent X on a tv there and Mike Colter is in that show.)

After my wife gets out of work today I'm hoping we can at least get started on it before heading in to Boston to meet up with friends from Denver.

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3837
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:28:30 PM »
TENNANT!

LANDLORD!

[Oh... we're not yelling out 'people involved in a land-rental agreement'? :)]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1468
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »
Got through the first three! They flew by! Really digging the show.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2147
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 09:27:12 PM »
I was worried it was going to be too icky for me too watch, but I think they've done an amazing job of dealing with difficult subject matter without being gross about it.

Six episodes in, and really enjoying it.
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1125
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 02:42:18 PM »
So I'm going to pull an Imrahil here and barge in on a thread dedicated to something I don't like, but I want to know if you guys can explain something to me.  Is the super strength supposed to be silly?  Because as an outsider to the series who is only going to bother watching the first couple episodes, it seems tacked on and unnecessary. 

Now I'm positive that there's a very lengthy explanation that's supposed to be shrouded in mystery and intrigue, but in the show it comes off more as funny that a waifish girl can lift a car, where I supposed I could see that looking pretty cool in a comic book.  Or am I alone in thinking this?

Also, my first response to a tiny lady lifting up my car would not be "I'm going to expose you!"

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 03:55:46 PM »
It actually is supposed to be a bit silly. That's the tone the books always took. She was a joke and a faliure of a super person.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3837
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 02:57:05 AM »
That was pretty damn intense and dark.  Moreso even than Daredevil.  Though oddly the content was darker for this, but the mood was darker for Daredevil.  Weird contrast.

There is one thing that I was a bit disappointed with (no real big spoiler here, but a 'guest appearance').
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 08:19:08 PM »
OK, finished the series last night.

Are we at the point where this thread is considered a spoiler zone? I feel like we should be, but I'll put some stuff behind spoilers in this post for now.

Lucas:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I might even have enjoyed this series more than Daredevil! Once again Marvel shows how versatile their universe is for telling different kinds of stories.
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1219
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 03:41:38 AM »
Not to bring back the 'Purity Report' but is there much sex in it? I find simulated sex creepy and weird
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 05:05:05 AM »
Quite a bit, mostly in the earlier episodes.
FINE

soguru

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 12:45:32 AM »
Will this eventually be available through some other means than Netflix? I've heard a lot of good things but I'm also not sure I have the time or energy for another TV show, regardless of how stellar it is.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:47:30 AM by Soguru »

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 12:48:14 AM »
Dunno. Daredevil isn't yet. My guess is there will be DVD/Blu rays at some point, but I am also guessing there is a period of Netflix exclusivity.

If you haven't previously had Netflix, you could always sign up for the free trial and binge watch them and then cancel.
FINE

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 703
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 04:00:12 AM »
Dunno. Daredevil isn't yet. My guess is there will be DVD/Blu rays at some point, but I am also guessing there is a period of Netflix exclusivity.

If you haven't previously had Netflix, you could always sign up for the free trial and binge watch them and then cancel.

With the other Netflix shows on DVD/BD they usually get released close to when the next season starts.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com