Author Topic: Itunes HD version  (Read 902 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Itunes HD version
« on: November 20, 2015, 03:18:28 PM »
Good news with just a little bit of editing the audio from RiffTrax will sync with the HD version on iTunes (as long as you know how to deal with that).

I lopped off 39.733 seconds off the beginning of the riffed audio and then made sure the riffed audio was the exact same run time of the original audio and mux it all back together! Worked like a charm!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Re: Itunes HD version
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:25:38 AM »
What HD editor do you use? I'm still stuck in DVD mode.

Their version is a bit choppy when panning, so I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Itunes HD version
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 08:02:48 AM »
The big thing when dealing with Itunes files is getting rid of the DRM.  The biggest obstacle is to find one that is not just re-encoding the file. I use REQUIEM 4.1 (only real issue is that you have to use an old version of itunes and it isn't being developed anymore) it just strips the DRM and leaves everything as is.  There is a newer program called m4vgear that does that too but it is a paid software.  Once I have my open MP4 file I just demux the audio from the unriffed and the riffed files, I use my audio editor (goldwave) to figure out the sync and then remux the riffed audio.

I have done this for several Riffs that don't have HD options. (Stone Cold, Night of the Lepus, Viva Kineval, Dreamscape, Silent Rage, Psycho II)
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com