Author Topic: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left Right, Select What You Learned!  (Read 4185 times)

Offline kunedog

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
Re: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left Right, Select What You Learned!
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »
I learned that creepy antagonists only exist to demonstrate the product the corporation wants you to buy...

and I also learned that our Rifftrax guys are really good at connecting the dots...the comment about Lucas being "Gamergate Study Patient Zero" is a bit more disturbing when you learn what happened with Jackey Vinson: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0899092/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_trv_sm#trivia

To the contrary, it highlights (again) just how off-the-mark the (completely one-sided) Gamergate jokes have been, once you learn much of anything about some of anti-Gamergate's most active leaders.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 06:41:40 PM »
Apparently, winning a contest is enough to drop all ongoing conflicts.

Not only that, letting your emotionally cut-off and reserved child leave his lunchbox, filled with memorabilia of his dead sister, at a California tourist trap is enough of a reason to apparently cut off your current boyfriend/fiance/husband and to try and to rekindle things with your ex. 

Offline groupthinker1984

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »
I learned that creepy antagonists only exist to demonstrate the product the corporation wants you to buy...

and I also learned that our Rifftrax guys are really good at connecting the dots...the comment about Lucas being "Gamergate Study Patient Zero" is a bit more disturbing when you learn what happened with Jackey Vinson: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0899092/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_trv_sm#trivia

To the contrary, it highlights (again) just how off-the-mark the (completely one-sided) Gamergate jokes have been, once you learn much of anything about some of anti-Gamergate's most active leaders.

Agreed. The jokes they've made about GG are plenty fair but CMON! The other side features a rich untapped vein of potential riffs. Its not about who's most right, its about what makes a good joke.

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • The Drugly American
    • Choronzon
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 08:48:53 PM »
I learned that apparently there are no interstate checks when there is an active alert that there are two missing children attempting to get to California via Utah and Nevada. Nobody driving across the border got searched for them?
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline groupthinker1984

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 07:39:23 AM »
I'm not sure but I think thats a relatively recent development. Might not have been standard when this movie came out.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 03:19:18 PM »
I'm not sure but I think thats a relatively recent development. Might not have been standard when this movie came out.

Not recent, but still about 10 years after this move was made, Amber alerts started in some states in the mid to late 90s, it wasn't really a nation wide thing until the early 2000s.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »
I learned that people are very eager to commit major felonies in return for very little.  Spanky stole a truck, drove several minors across state lines, and assaulted a man pretty much just because a pre-pubescent girl asked nicely.  And a tow truck driver will commit grand theft auto for only $50.  Further, the victims of that crime will just let the matter drop and not bother calling the police.

I learned that $400 can get you a hotel room for several days in Reno.

I learned that kids with no credit card can somehow spend hours talking on a 1-900 number.

I learned that retrieving lost kids for money makes you a bad guy.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »
I learned that $400 can get you a hotel room for several days in Reno.

Keep in mind that those were late-80's dollars.