login

Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 8735 times)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
Fallout 4
« on: November 08, 2015, 12:21:14 PM »
Well boys and girls, tomorrow night Fallout 4 will finally go live. I wanted to start a thread to chat about the game and also share our builds/characters. I'm working on my build now and will post it when I'm finished. I'm using this website to build my character http://www.vault111.com/character/

Offline d00hickey

Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 01:09:01 PM »
Right now I'm planning to build a specialized sniper, stealth character.

S- 1
P- 8
E- 1
C- 1
I- 6
A- 5
L- 6

Perception is highest at 8 because that's when the Sniper perk becomes available which will be one of my most important perks. Other important perks I will use in this skill is Lock Picking, Awareness (see character's level/weaknesses from a distance in VATS), and Night Person giving me +2 to intelligence and perception at night.

My next two highest are Intelligence and Luck. Intelligence is going to be super important because it unlocks Gun Nut and Scrapper which will allow me to customize weapons for stealth more effectively. Medic will help with my lack of HP. Intelligence also causes you to gain XP at a faster rate allowing me to start leveling perks as early as possible. Luck Is mostly this high for Better Criticals, because I'll need to dish out criticals like crazy because I'm so squishy.

I will be trying to bump up strength to 3 relatively early in the game because that lets you craft armor which sounds fun. It will also stave off encumbrance which annoys the shit out of me. Hopefully companions will be available relatively early in game because I'll need to use one as a mule.

Low endurance will make the game more difficult in the beginning but I've found it mostly useless in other Fallouts late game (tank/melee characters not withstanding). I'm also not fond of the perks it offers. Charisma will be a larger sacrifice for me because I've always had fun with charismatic characters.

I have never done a build this specialized in previous games but Fallout 4 starts you off with only 21 skill points. A "Jack of all trades" character seems like it would be very boring and pretty difficult to pull off.

I would be very curios to see what some of you guys end up building.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:36:48 PM »
Someone did the math, and if you save 59.99 every day until the tenth, you'll have JUST enough to get Fallout 4 when it comes out. Pretty cool to know that!

I've done a good job avoiding spoilers, and I plan on doing everything organically first time through. Probably going to end badly, but who knows? :D

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 06:56:05 AM »
Unpacking the game now using this method: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3s0ztf/step_by_step_vpn_tutorial_how_to_unlock_fallout_4/cwu20wr

The method described in the original post of that thread doesn't work because Freedome's Melbourne server is overloaded right now, but this method worked perfectly.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4851
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 07:01:17 AM »
Apparently, polyamory is possible in the game.  No word yet if it was intentional or just a glitch.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
Apparently, polyamory is possible in the game.  No word yet if it was intentional or just a glitch.

I think it's great regardless. Hopefully they don't pull a Nintendo and freak out about it if it is a glitch.

jonalame

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »
What if the companions don't agree with your lifestyle and fight each other? Too Sims?

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »
Damn doohickey, you're not gonna be carrying much phat lewts...
I'll probably go with my standard favorite-slightly varied sniperish type
S-5, P-7, E-4, C-4, I-9, A-7, L-4
That way I can still carry a decent amount of wasteland loot, carry a sniper rifle and get all the sniper perks, and top off int once I find a bobblehead, providing they have them.  I'm sure they'll still have that perk with ten ranks of buying primaries available too if I need to top off anything else.

Of course, I haven't looked up any of the perk changes or new skills, so I may be completely off.  That's just what I'd start with going in to F3

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »
Damn doohickey, you're not gonna be carrying much phat lewts...
I'll probably go with my standard favorite-slightly varied sniperish type
S-5, P-7, E-4, C-4, I-9, A-7, L-4
That way I can still carry a decent amount of wasteland loot, carry a sniper rifle and get all the sniper perks, and top off int once I find a bobblehead, providing they have them.  I'm sure they'll still have that perk with ten ranks of buying primaries available too if I need to top off anything else.

Of course, I haven't looked up any of the perk changes or new skills, so I may be completely off.  That's just what I'd start with going in to F3

That is definitely my biggest concern but I think it will be worth. Apparently you can get skill points in FO4 much quicker than in previous games and getting strength up will be first on my list.

The build you made is not possible until much later in the game. The game only starts you with 21 skill points.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 04:29:37 PM »
Preloading on my parents' crappy 2.5 mbps connection... been going since noon, and I'm at 4.8 gb...

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 06:21:08 PM »

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 09:15:06 PM »
As soon as update is done I'm in the game  8)

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 09:11:30 AM »

The build you made is not possible until much later in the game. The game only starts you with 21 skill points.
Dayum!  Found that out when I woke up early and downloaded the game.  1 point stat in everything and 21 points to spend, for an average of 4 in each stat after points spent.  Ouch!
I did notice that...(spoiler)

the "Special" book back in your house gave me a bonus point.  And OMG...the opening video sequence with live actors in black and white with real mechanical pipboy and computer generated battlesuits with troopers was awesome and had an ultra-realistic look that color probably couldn't have pulled off.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »
I may have just played Fallout 4 for twelve hours straight. Good thing my job for today got canceled because I need to get some sleep. I have many opinions about the game but I'm too tired to lay it all out right now. Suffice to say I think the game is excellent and has pretty much lived up to my expectations with a few minor niggles.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 11:55:27 AM »
I'm still waiting for various updates to install... the download finished I think... but it's still not ready to play T_T