Author Topic: #MST3KMonday  (Read 7363 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
Re: #MST3KMonday
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 08:53:38 PM »
Is this something notorious? Final Sacrifice was never in my dvd collection.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 09:04:26 PM »
I think I found a framing or cropping issue with the new TFS release.

TFS released today on the left...TFS from the Shout! DVD on the right

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:08:31 PM by CHF01 »

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »
...one more:

Offline barneshome

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 04:49:23 AM »
Does anybody know if this means Mike/Kevin/Bill will now benefit from future Shout Factory DVD sales as well? 

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 06:02:30 AM »
It is NOT haha. I couldn't put it out like that and was able to make that pop (actually a big one and four small ones) go away - or at least it is significantly less noticeable and your ears will no longer bleed.

Nice!!!  For my copy i just replaced the audio for those pops from another source. It only took me like 5 minutes to do!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »
I have the Final Sacrifice DVD but I haven't watched it yet but now I kinda want to. When are the audio pops?
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »
Does anybody know if this means Mike/Kevin/Bill will now benefit from future Shout Factory DVD sales as well? 

I don't see how Rifftrax licensing the videos from Shout! would alter the ownership of the series, so no I wouldn't think it changes anything in that regard.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »
I have the Final Sacrifice DVD but I haven't watched it yet but now I kinda want to. When are the audio pops?

We talked about the glitches here when the disc came out:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=17622.0
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 02:57:51 PM »
CHF01 (You have no idea how long I thought you were a big Pantera fan because I can't read good.) New file is in the hopper and being baked up. Once it's QC'd and up I'll post again.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »
Thanks!!  8)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 07:43:13 PM »
Is this something notorious? Final Sacrifice was never in my dvd collection.

Yeah it came up almost immediately when it was released. SHOUT! had a message board at the time and people were talking about it. 

We have a thread here too:  http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=17622.0

What I find funny is that people claimed they didn't have the glitch when it was confirmed by Brian Ward the producer from Shout! that it was on the master.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 07:19:02 PM »
Will .ISO 'Download to Burn' file format be offered at some point with the MST3K eps?

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
It hasn't been discussed but since they're already available on DVD and other than the audio fix in TFS they're both from the same masters, I wouldn't expect so...but who knows, I'll bring it up in the next weekly meeting and get a solid answer.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:26:21 AM by Thrashalla »

Offline Bonerking

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 05:37:16 PM »
Will this cut down on the amount of new (and I mean new) riffs? Frankly I will buy anything new you guys do but $10 for a MST3K episode I've seen 10x... and has been available with packaging and extras forever... And is free now on Hulu and Netflix (or has been)....And I mean dont 90% of us have every MST3K ep anyway if we're being honest.

And say this plays out... someone is going to pay $220 for a season of the show? I mean give me a master box set and I'll pay $1k, but for a bunch of iso files? God.

Sorry to be negative, clearly we all love what you guys do. I hope this brings in lots of money, but for your rifftrax fans, will we be getting the same amount of new stuff? If you need help just ask.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:42:28 PM by Bonerking »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »
I doubt Mike taking a couple minutes to record an intro each week with alter their production schedule in any significant way. This is literally just another product they can sell in their store.