Author Topic: #MST3KMonday  (Read 7373 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
Re: #MST3KMonday
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 01:00:01 PM »
Is there anything at all different with these releases? New intros perhaps? Or are these just the episodes?
And the episodes being released are only from the SciFi years, correct?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:02:28 PM by CHF01 »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
YAY!  :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »
Mike recorded an intro for each episode and there's no restriction on era. We were delivered a batch of 10 episodes to start with and they were not all Mike episodes.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 02:16:46 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »
Mike recorded an intro for each episode and there's no restriction on era. We were delivered a batch of 10 episodes to start with and they were not all Mike episodes.

Here be the scoop.

http://decider.com/2015/11/02/exclusive-mystery-science-theater-3000-rifftrax-monday-episodes/

Now that is great news!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 02:19:06 PM »
I love all the arm chair "rights lawyering" going on on the RiffTrax facebook page.

I just assumed that all the ones we will get will be from Shout Factory! So there won't be any surprises there.  I do love how Shout is all over the place willing to try anything to get their products out. You can watch them/buy them in a ton of places! 

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 02:31:17 PM »
I love all the arm chair "rights lawyering" going on on the RiffTrax facebook page.

I just assumed that all the ones we will get will be from Shout Factory! So there won't be any surprises there.  I do love how Shout is all over the place willing to try anything to get their products out. You can watch them/buy them in a ton of places!

The graphics look identical to the Shout Factory downloads, so I'd say you are correct that Rifftrax will simply get what ever Shout has already made available for download. 

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »
These recordings were originally made in interlaced format...have the episodes been converted to progressive for HD TV's?
If the answer is yes, then the Rifftrax crew is working on these files prior to being released.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 02:34:41 PM »
Correct, this is something we're doing with Shout!.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 02:59:22 PM »
Awesome news!

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 03:10:01 PM »
They haven't been converted. The only thing that I've done with them, aside from tacking on the intro, is a little bit of image centering (on a few of them, the frame for the host segments didn't lineup with the frame during the movies) The rest is as delivered.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 03:12:56 PM »
They haven't been converted. The only thing that I've done with them, aside from tacking on the intro, is a little bit of image centering (on a few of them, the frame for the host segments didn't lineup with the frame during the movies) The rest is as delivered.

Cool, thanks!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »
Wonder if the really loud audio pop is still in The Final Sacrifice?

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »
It is NOT haha. I couldn't put it out like that and was able to make that pop (actually a big one and four small ones) go away - or at least it is significantly less noticeable and your ears will no longer bleed.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 07:13:28 PM »
It is NOT haha. I couldn't put it out like that and was able to make that pop (actually a big one and four small ones) go away - or at least it is significantly less noticeable and your ears will no longer bleed.

Put that in your advertising! $$$
FINE