Author Topic: RT Live: Miami Connection  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: RT Live: Miami Connection
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 02:08:14 PM »
I liked during the Ice Cream Bunny preview they're ranting about the cheap look/aspects of the movie and then it cuts to the inside of the home with a pretty young woman is there doing something and Kevin stops in the middle of his rant and goes something like, "Oh! Hello!"  And then the others sort-of admonish him due to the age disparity between him and the young woman.   :D
He may be old enough to be her great grandfather, but he's not dead.

I had a great time at both the live show and the rebroadcast. Unfortunately my friends Chris and Vicky couldn't make it to either one, so I hope it comes out as a VOD soon.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 02:32:27 PM »
Those Ice Cream bunny movies were made in the early 70s, so that woman and Kevin were probably born around the same time...

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »
Which in turn reminds me of the old MST3K riff. Something like, "It's really sexy until you realize those could be your grandparents!"

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 02:46:53 PM »

Wanted to see if Measuring Man was on archive.org, couldn't find it but found this one:

https://archive.org/details/Precisel1937

It's not a bad short, but it could use a riffing.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 02:57:01 PM »
Well it wasn't actually called "Measuring Man." It was "Know your Units of Measurement" or something like that...

I'm really hoping there's a whole series of Measuring Man shorts out there. He's the coolest thing since Norman.

EDIT: And looking into it has turned up this fun fact:

"The Measuring Man" was one of the many media nicknames for the Boston Strangler!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:00:44 PM by Pak-Man »

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 06:26:05 PM »
Those Ice Cream bunny movies were made in the early 70s, so that woman and Kevin were probably born around the same time...

Those Ice Cream bunny movies were made in the early 70s, so that woman and Kevin were probably born around the same time...   True, but "short girl" is younger than Kevin, even if the actual actress may be his age.  I mean, it's like me watching an old episode of "Who's the Boss?" and looking at pre-teen Alyssa Milano and reacting the same way; even though Alyssa is a little older than me it's still kinda weird for me too look at her preteen self and going, "Oh!"   Though I think "great granddaughter" is stretching things a bit. Kevin's not that old and the girl when the short was filmed isn't that young.  Maybe granddaughter but just.   Regardless it made me chuckle because I had sorta the same reaction. :lol:  God the "golden goose" was hilarious. I agreed with the others it sort-of looked like a holiday ham.   I wasn't entirely sure if I was going to go to that one, the original release is tough for me to get through but, again, it's not one I can generally watch any time of the year given the general theme of it.   But, what the hell? I love these guys so I'll give it a shot!

Measuring Man! Don't ask us why he carries a sparkly phallus from his belt or why he always has a rider in his contract for there to close-in shot of his area in everything he appears in.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:45:24 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2015, 01:53:32 AM »
EDIT: And looking into it has turned up this fun fact:

"The Measuring Man" was one of the many media nicknames for the Boston Strangler!

Yep. I thought the short was related to him, somehow.  Want some pointless trivia?  He was called "The Measuring Man" because he'd go to some woman's house and say he was working for a talent agency.  He'd talk gullible women into letting him take their measurements.  Got his thrills that way.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »
Yeah I was in Tenn on business so had nothing to do last night so I searched local events and this came up and I was like "Word?" I'd heard nothing about it. Really glad I found out in time because it was awesome.

Maybe the new-ness has worn off? 3 years ago I'd have damn sure known about this weeks in advance. I wonder if that's a reason for the smaller crowds?

As a (mostly) lurker, maybe my scale/proportion is off, but I consider you one of the more rabid Rifftrax fans.  Do you Twitter?  Following @rifftrax you would have been inundated with upcoming live events.  Assuming you're a member of the main (merchant) site they should be sending you a few emails for each specific event along with a "pre season" roundup in various media formats of what is in store for the year of live riffs.  I've never missed early notice of a live event and I'm neither overly techy or rabid in comparison to the prolific posters here.

Yeah yeah man I wasn't blaming Rifftrax's promotion.  I follow them on Twitter and I get their emails, I was just in the middle the busiest time ever for me so it just all kinda drifted past in a haze.  I got a TV show pilot for the CW greenlit so it's been really crazy.  It was just one of those weird things.  You're a big fan of something but you've zoned out of it for a while, you're in another city and bored and looking for something to do that night and ... HOLY CRAP Rifftrax Live is tonight? WOO HOO!  I couldn't pull that off again if I tried.  It was just one of those cool things that just happened to work out perfectly.  If I'd been in meetings an hour later I'd have just gone to bed without even checking the local events.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 03:09:05 PM »
Yeah I was in Tenn on business so had nothing to do last night so I searched local events and this came up and I was like "Word?" I'd heard nothing about it. Really glad I found out in time because it was awesome.

Maybe the new-ness has worn off? 3 years ago I'd have damn sure known about this weeks in advance. I wonder if that's a reason for the smaller crowds?

As a (mostly) lurker, maybe my scale/proportion is off, but I consider you one of the more rabid Rifftrax fans.  Do you Twitter?  Following @rifftrax you would have been inundated with upcoming live events.  Assuming you're a member of the main (merchant) site they should be sending you a few emails for each specific event along with a "pre season" roundup in various media formats of what is in store for the year of live riffs.  I've never missed early notice of a live event and I'm neither overly techy or rabid in comparison to the prolific posters here.

Yeah yeah man I wasn't blaming Rifftrax's promotion.  I follow them on Twitter and I get their emails, I was just in the middle the busiest time ever for me so it just all kinda drifted past in a haze.  I got a TV show pilot for the CW greenlit so it's been really crazy.  It was just one of those weird things.  You're a big fan of something but you've zoned out of it for a while, you're in another city and bored and looking for something to do that night and ... HOLY CRAP Rifftrax Live is tonight? WOO HOO!  I couldn't pull that off again if I tried.  It was just one of those cool things that just happened to work out perfectly.  If I'd been in meetings an hour later I'd have just gone to bed without even checking the local events.

Congrats! Be sure to let us know if they pick it up!

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 03:27:48 PM »
Sooooo.....are we getting the video today?  ;)

Edit: Ahhh...I see it now.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:31:46 PM by eegah »

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2017, 05:15:22 PM »
One WTF moment that I haven't seen anyone else mention, but it catches my attention every time:

The bad guy wearing a "Colorado Outward Bound School" cap kind of undercut him trying to be a "tough guy" with a bunch of bikers. That's a moment for a "Kill 'Em All" or something.