login

Author Topic: Technical question before I buy.  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Angry Tiny Man

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
Technical question before I buy.
« on: July 10, 2008, 06:51:46 PM »
I have the VHS version of this movie, but not the DVD version.

Is there any significant, Rifftrax-ruining difference between these two that I should know about?  Much as I'd enjoy donating money to Mike and the gang, I'd still be disappointed, given that I was expecting something in return.
Stop saying whee, nobody says whee.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2504
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Technical question before I buy.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:54:44 PM »
Looking up various versions on Amazon all the DVD versions I've seen and the one VHS version I see listed all say run time 100 minutes.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »
The only issue I could see is that sometimes the playback speed on VHS can be wonky. Tape can stretch out, video playback mechanisms can wear out and slow down, etc. But other than that, assuming the runtime is the same, there shouldn't be any problems. I know people have synced up VHS copies of other movies with no issues.

Offline sudnem

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »
The only issue I could see is that sometimes the playback speed on VHS can be wonky. Tape can stretch out, video playback mechanisms can wear out and slow down, etc. But other than that, assuming the runtime is the same, there shouldn't be any problems. I know people have synced up VHS copies of other movies with no issues.

Did you actually have to use the word "wonky"?

I actually noticed that the track was "wonky" when I watched it. The riff did not sync perfectly with the RiffTrax player, but it was close enough. I bet a VHS would work decent.