login

Author Topic: Let's Share Super Mario Maker Levels!  (Read 16024 times)

soguru

Re: Let's Share Super Mario Maker Levels!
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2015, 01:26:01 PM »
I might delete some of my old courses and replace them with new ones, so note, my old codes for those courses I posted might not work soon. Just FYI k? When I've got some new ones up, I will post the codes.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
Easiest way around it is to just hit the follow button on all of our Mii icons once you look up a course. Then you can just go to the Following list & see everyone's new courses without having to type in the stupid course codes. (They give me flashbacks to those horrible friend codes we used to have to do on the Wii)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2015, 04:40:55 PM »
Easiest way around it is to just hit the follow button on all of our Mii icons once you look up a course. Then you can just go to the Following list & see everyone's new courses without having to type in the stupid course codes. (They give me flashbacks to those horrible friend codes we used to have to do on the Wii)

That's what I do, and then check in on all of the people I follow to see if there are new courses each day.
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »
Thanks for the stars! All right, started with 1-7 and 1-8 to return the favor.
First one's okay. Only death was those thwomps at the beginning. A bit too high to prepare for, especially in a sky level and after jumping up from a lower place like that. Also felt a little empty overall.

More gotcha thwomps in the second one too, if you take the low route. Grrr, I say. But hurrah for multiple routes.

e: Also 1-1 is a little tedious and not exactly an intro level. Maybe put the koopas in pipes cause the player needs them so much and take the piranhas out of pipes so the bastards stop hiding.

3-1's a little better put together, you're getting better.

There, we're both in the koopa medal club.

Thanks for the stars and thanks for the feedback!

With 1-7, the block tower before you hit the thomps should force you to stop before the first one drops? It always worked for me, anyway. (The little red Xs on the level show that most deaths happen at the first set of Goombas dropping from their platform and that music not jump that I got stuck on the other day)

I do put enemies in sparingly, maybe as a reaction to the fact that most people design levels by just putting piles and piles of enemies in? I assume that's what you eman by a bit empty?

1-8 I think you played the only two levels of ten I put Thwomps in? I find this set of Thwomps much harder, but the trick is to wait for them to take out the platform, drop away into nothingness, and then wait for the platform to come back. (If I am thinking about the correct level?)

I agree, 1-1 is a little bit tedious actually. If it wasn't for the numbering system, I think I'd redo it. As it is, I might just wear it. I do think plants are better than tutrles coming out of pipes, because then they would be never ending. If you lose the tutle above, you can walk back and he will reset though.

And thanks, I think the Super Mario 3 levels are better too.

My ghost house is my most popular level (1-4), and I'm really happy with that one.

I have the next two levels almost ready to go, so I'll probably upload them tonight.
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
Not cheap enough to justify buying it for 2 games, maybe 3.

If you think there are only 2 games worth playing that are exclusively on the WiiU, you are very mistaken.
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1473
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »

If you think there are only 2 games worth playing that are exclusively on the WiiU, you are very mistaken.

Not to hijack the thread, but what other games would you consider system sellers?  My second game would be smash brothers, of course.  I'm not saying the WiiU isn't right for some people. But I don't see anything else I must have. Even Star Fox looks a little underwhelming.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »

Not to hijack the thread, but what other games would you consider system sellers?  My second game would be smash brothers, of course.  I'm not saying the WiiU isn't right for some people. But I don't see anything else I must have. Even Star Fox looks a little underwhelming.

I buy a system (specifically a Nintendo system) because they put out the consistantly best collection of exclusive games. These are just the top rated ones from Metacritic that I loved (in order they appeared there, not in my personal ranking):

Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Maker
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros U
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Captain Toad
Wonderfull 101
Pushmo
Hyrule Warriors
Yoshi's Wooly World

(I didn't include remakes like Monster Hunter and Wind Waker)

That's what sells me a system. Then we have Star Fox, Xenoblade, Zelda, Pokken, that weird looking Fire Emblem crossover game and more coming.
FINE

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2015, 07:49:05 PM »
Thanks for the stars and thanks for the feedback!

With 1-7, the block tower before you hit the thomps should force you to stop before the first one drops? It always worked for me, anyway. (The little red Xs on the level show that most deaths happen at the first set of Goombas dropping from their platform and that music not jump that I got stuck on the other day)

I was basically rushing through and bam, killed me. Learned from it though. When I did the go-stop-go approach I saw them. Thwomps are fine as long as they're not off screen.

I do put enemies in sparingly, maybe as a reaction to the fact that most people design levels by just putting piles and piles of enemies in? I assume that's what you eman by a bit empty?

Naw, coins, boxes and background elements (especially semi solid platforms, which come in 3 varieties if you shake them!) do it too.

1-8 I think you played the only two levels of ten I put Thwomps in? I find this set of Thwomps much harder, but the trick is to wait for them to take out the platform, drop away into nothingness, and then wait for the platform to come back. (If I am thinking about the correct level?)

I remember riding the skulls from below, then jumping up to the donuts and BAM.

I agree, 1-1 is a little bit tedious actually. If it wasn't for the numbering system, I think I'd redo it. As it is, I might just wear it. I do think plants are better than tutrles coming out of pipes, because then they would be never ending. If you lose the tutle above, you can walk back and he will reset though.

I meant one turtle in one pipe so you can go back and get him, but I guess they regenerate too. I was trying to kill the line of piranhas with the shell but they kept hiding before it hit them and I had to inch across one pipe at a time to go get another turtle. Kind of funny without being murderous I guess but a little tedious.

Keep it up and enjoy your new level space

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »
Naw, coins, boxes and background elements (especially semi solid platforms, which come in 3 varieties if you shake them!) do it too.

Oh right. I try to put in coin boxes just for the feel of it, but since they are pretty much worthless, I don't really bother? I do hide lives in most levels, but again, mostly pointless. This is why I think Nintendo needs to allow you to package worlds together and upload them.

I remember riding the skulls from below, then jumping up to the donuts and BAM.

Huh, I didn't think you could get up there from below. I guess you found an unindended path :P

I meant one turtle in one pipe so you can go back and get him, but I guess they regenerate too. I was trying to kill the line of piranhas with the shell but they kept hiding before it hit them and I had to inch across one pipe at a time to go get another turtle. Kind of funny without being murderous I guess but a little tedious.

You should be able to run along a bit with the turtle shell though? I think it takes me three or four turtles to clear the level?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:57:11 PM by Edward J Grug III »
FINE

soguru

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2015, 01:08:37 AM »
I posted a couple new levels, including one with enemies who are ALL Giants. I thought it was fun, and I was able to get through it without too much trouble, so it shouldn't be too hard for anyone else. Anyways, I'm absolutely exhausted, so I will post the codes later. If anybody wants me to play and star their levels, please post your codes! I'd love to play and comment on your levels. :)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2015, 03:23:34 AM »

I buy a system (specifically a Nintendo system) because they put out the consistantly best collection of exclusive games. These are just the top rated ones from Metacritic that I loved (in order they appeared there, not in my personal ranking):

Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Maker
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros U
Splatoon
Captain Toad
Wonderfull 101
Pushmo
Hyrule Warriors
Yoshi's Wooly World

That's what sells me a system. Then we have Star Fox, Xenoblade, Zelda, Pokken, that weird looking Fire Emblem crossover game and more coming.

I would add Lego City Undercover to that list.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2015, 03:42:45 AM »

Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Maker
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros U
Splatoon
Captain Toad
Wonderfull 101
Pushmo
Hyrule Warriors
Yoshi's Wooly World

I would add Lego City Undercover to that list.

I hear it's great, but I haven't played it.
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2015, 03:50:07 AM »
I posted a couple new levels, including one with enemies who are ALL Giants. I thought it was fun, and I was able to get through it without too much trouble, so it shouldn't be too hard for anyone else. Anyways, I'm absolutely exhausted, so I will post the codes later. If anybody wants me to play and star their levels, please post your codes! I'd love to play and comment on your levels. :)

I posted my first two new levels that were ready to go now that I have 50 stars.

ABDC-0000-008F-1433

F91A-0000-008F-1B4E
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:06:49 PM by Edward J Grug III »
FINE

soguru

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
I posted my first two new levels that were ready to go now that I have 50 stars.

ABDC-0000-00BF-1433

F91A-0000-00BF-1B4E
Nice! I'll check them out ASAP. :)

Okay, I tried both codes and couldn't find anything. :( I don't know if it's because zeroes could be o's or something. I think I figured it out: The codes are supposed to be like this for your levels Grug:
ABDC-0000-008F-1433

F91A-0000-008F-1B4E

In the meantime, here's the codes for my new levels:
CCFD-0000-008F-0182
B13E-0000-008E-A34E
E4ED-0000-008E-A244
2A02-0000-008E-9843
8DD2-0000-008E-93BF
BFD9-0000-008E-9953
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:47:50 AM by Soguru »

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2015, 03:08:10 PM »

ABDC-0000-00BF-1433

F91A-0000-00BF-1B4E
Nice! I'll check them out ASAP. :)

Okay, I tried both codes and couldn't find anything. :( I don't know if it's because zeroes could be o's or something. I think I figured it out: The codes are supposed to be like this for your levels Grug:
ABDC-0000-008F-1433

F91A-0000-008F-1B4E

Thanks for that, I've fixed the post.

Of course, if you just follow the creator, you won't need codes :)
FINE