Author Topic: Let's Share Super Mario Maker Levels!  (Read 14687 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Let's Share Super Mario Maker Levels!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 03:16:42 AM »
I altered The Invasion of Mz Koop's Garden and made it significantly easier.

2CBD 0000 007C BBFA

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Much better!

I am curious if it still counts your star(s) you had on the first version of the level that you deleted?
FINE

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 348
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 07:01:02 AM »

Much better!

I am curious if it still counts your star(s) you had on the first version of the level that you deleted?

I realized the fun of the level wasn't overcoming the enemies; it was the exploration and the scenario, so I made it much harder to die. I do still have the stars I received before.

ALSO, I uploaded a new level last night. I don't know how hard it is. It's easy for me, but you never know. It does require two very confident jumps, though.

4479 0000 007E 409C
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1504
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 03:10:19 PM »
Got tired of working on the level.  So here's as far as I got.

7002-0000-007F-E4FE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »
On 42 stars.
FINE

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 03:04:12 PM »
My new level, Shifting Plant Land, is up.

I wasn't sure how difficult this mechanic would be for people, so it's pretty short. I might make a longer course with it later.
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2015, 08:40:30 PM »
Was playing one of my own levels yesterday and I couldn't beat it. It was very, very early in the morning, so I wasn't at my best, but even still... Before yesterday I beat it plenty of times - I play my levels a bunch before I upload them. It involved pulling off a long jump from a music note block, which is one of my least favourite types of obstacles in a Mario game. Might go back and edit it.

I never found my levels too hard before, I always thought they were right in the middle and I think that's the kind of trap that isn't much fun.

FINE

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2015, 10:32:53 PM »
A really cool, fair level I found randomly that uses helmets mushrooms and shoes and even lets you go back and get them if you lose them! Also uses the thwomp-trapping mechanic.
1196-0000-006F-C7D7 "Castle KURIBOTO"

My newest level that has you go up and down a vine on a track. It's pretty cool to kill heat seeker bills with your stationary butt.
9C6C-0000-007D-A4A8 "Murder on the Beanstalk Express"

This one maybe isn't my best but I haven't seen this mechanic before.
8D44-0000-007B-6017 "Mystery of the Floating Doors"

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2015, 10:36:07 PM »

I could not get that to work. I'll have to give it another shot.
FINE

Offline David

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2015, 01:00:22 AM »
On top of that, timing a winged donut over a frame perfect door entrance might be too much to ask. Yeah, level needs work. I take it you at least got through the first room.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 09:15:51 AM »
I got through all the doors, but then the fish jump at the end? Uncouth, man.

I liked the door puzzles, although without the comment on the vine one, I probably would have never figured it out. It's not exactly logical.

Offline David

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 09:47:44 AM »
Yeah the fish was a little stupid. I figured it was ok cause there was already plenty of bullet bill jumping plus one of the doors leads to a leaf so if you keep that you can fly over it... whatever. Also I thought climbing on doors would be a nice WTF but maybe WTF isn't so nice.

Anyways... ideas for new levels? I'm thinking of making one where you ride a buzzy beetle shell through most of the level. Part one it would come out of a normal cannon and part two it would come out of a red cannon (fast). It's like some auto levels use but I'd make the player do a few tricks instead.
I think a slow shell is slow enough that you can jump off and still land on it, or spit fire at oncoming obstacles.
Fast shell is too fast to ask for much maneuvering but it would be sweet if in places you could jump, watch it take some windy path, then land safely under you and keep going. Sounds crazy but if I keep out instant death stuff and provide warps back to the shell cannon it could be doable.

Also: Side scrolling shooter starring Yoshi? Yoshi can reload from like, ANY fire. Even burner flame.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2015, 10:10:57 AM »
I tried to make a scrolling level with a huge mech chasing you. I was going to build it on tracks, but you can't put elements right next to eachother. I was bummed.

Offline David

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2015, 10:23:51 AM »
Yeah that disappointed me about tracks too. Also I tried spacing things evenly on a large circle track and they went right out of sync in play.

He's not a mech, but Bowser and son (and of course their big versions) like to chase you. I haven't tried bowser chase levels but I've heard of them.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »
I had grand notions of chipping away at the mech to get to the middle using different powerups you came across, but a million things worked against the idea.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2015, 11:58:48 PM »
Just four stars off being able to upload more levels if you've been meaning to star some, I'd appreciate it...
FINE