Author Topic: Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin?  (Read 514 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin?
« on: December 31, 2016, 03:43:09 AM »
Like the title says, which would you more recommend? Witcher 3 was great, but I'm pretty burned out on it.

I've played plenty of Infinity Engine games (Baldurs Gate 1&2, Torment). Pillers seems to use that same model, so I'm leaning towards that.
But everybody seems to praise Divinity, A game I know little about.

For anyone who's play either one, or preferably both, what were your impressions?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
Re: Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:01:37 AM »
Like the title says, which would you more recommend? Witcher 3 was great, but I'm pretty burned out on it.

I've played plenty of Infinity Engine games (Baldurs Gate 1&2, Torment). Pillers seems to use that same model, so I'm leaning towards that.
But everybody seems to praise Divinity, A game I know little about.

For anyone who's play either one, or preferably both, what were your impressions?

Oooooo fuck, that's a really tough one. They are both so good. I backed Pillars, and I'm currently playing Divinity, maybe halfway though.

I'll say this. Pillars has a more serious, and really well told linear story.  Divinity's story, while engaging, is a little more goofy, though you have more freedom in your choices.

Combat in Pillars is fun, but perhaps gets a bit old later on. So far I love the combat in Divinity, which is turned based.

If you like turned based combat and enjoy fighting a lot, go with Divinity. If you like a better story and pretty art and graphics, go with Pillars.