Author Topic: Remaining un-DVD'd MST3Ks & Exclusive Shout! Bonus Discs  (Read 29236 times)

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 132
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Re: Remaining un-DVD'd MST3Ks & Exclusive Shout! Bonus Discs
« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2017, 03:50:21 AM »
I think this is the set that Shout where Shout put the cardboard box up on their site for free (the buyer played $5 or so shipping). I’ve got it on the shelf in the regular box, with the tin tucked away.

I’m not sure if it ever got a retail release in the box.

There was one of those (that Imrahil kindly sent me on the case for), but there was a second set that was tin only too. Or did they offer a case for that one too?

Three of them came in a large tin to accommodate the small Gypsy, Crow, and Tom Servo figurines.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2017, 09:27:54 AM »
I know at least one of the tins came with the cardboard case inside. But every tin has either come with a case or had one offered.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4086
« Reply #242 on: November 06, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »
I think this is the set that Shout where Shout put the cardboard box up on their site for free (the buyer played $5 or so shipping). I’ve got it on the shelf in the regular box, with the tin tucked away.

I’m not sure if it ever got a retail release in the box.
Thanks.  I didn't think of that.  Fox did that with season 6 of The Simpsons.  They released it in an annoying Homer shaped box, but they included a phone number you could call to request a standard box. 

I just ordered one from Shout Factory.  It's free, but they charge six bucks for shipping.

Thanks for this discussion.  I never would have thought to look for these on my own.  I just ordered the two cases they had, only $5.99 shipping for the two of them, so now all sets can be in standard/matched slipcases.

For those not following the link, the one RPM linked to was the Turkey Day cardboard slipcover, the other they have available is the 25th Anniversary cardboard slipcover.

I know at least one of the tins came with the cardboard case inside. But every tin has either come with a case or had one offered.

You are right.  I remember for the third plastic figure set (possibly Gypsy because she was so large), there was a normal slipcase inside the larger tin.  That tin was larger than the Turkey Day and 25th Anniv ones.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2017, 03:30:40 AM »
You are right.  I remember for the third plastic figure set (possibly Gypsy because she was so large), there was a normal slipcase inside the larger tin.  That tin was larger than the Turkey Day and 25th Anniv ones.

I just checked in my collectibles storage closet, and it appears I was mistaken on two things.  First, the tins had only one crossover with the figures (the 20th Anniversary set, which was also set XIII), and second, which set the tin was that had the cardboard slipcase.  There were actually two sets that had the cardboard slipcase inside the tin.  The two were: the 20th Anniv/vol XIII, but also the Gamera/vol XXI set.  The vol XIII tin was HUGE, as it contained the crow figure inside the tin, where the other two plastic figures were outside the slipcover in the additional cardboard/plastic packaging they had.

The four sets released in tins were: the 20th Anniv/vol XIII set, the Gamera/vol XXI set, the Turkey Day/vol XXXI set, and the 25th Anniv/vol XXVIII set.

And, of course related, the three sets that had the plastic figures were sets XIII (Crow), XVI (Tom Servo), and XIX (Gypsy).

Hopefully that clears up any questions about these.  If there were tins for volumes that I missed buying, I'd be interested to know which they were.  I think there may have been one more tin, as I remember thinking at some point that I just couldn't see the extra expense for a tin with no figure, if there were a cheaper alternative as I didn't see the appeal to the tins (still don't).  It would be nice to have a 'central record' for complete reference for these things.  Since I dug out the boxes to find out the info I'm sharing here, figured I might as well ask. :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:27:00 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #244 on: November 07, 2017, 07:35:12 PM »
My Gamera set didn't have a cardboard slipcase in the cover and it was a pre-order. I only got the tin. Now I feel gypted :(

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »
My Gamera set didn't have a cardboard slipcase in the cover and it was a pre-order. I only got the tin. Now I feel gypted :(

Honestly, until I'd looked in my collectible storage area to find the other info, I'd forgotten the Gamera set even came in a tin.

If you got it direct from SHOUT!, you could e-mail them, and they may still have some extras of the slipcover lying around.  I wouldn't get my hopes up too high since that was a long time ago, but when ordering direct from them, their customer service is astonishing ("second to none" some shark[nado]-bait would say).

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1493
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2018, 11:02:48 AM »
Just saw this: https://mst3kstore.com/product/mst3k-the-singles-collection

Not “new” set, but nice to get all those stragglers into a smaller case.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2018, 11:42:04 AM »

I had a feeling they'd release this kind of collection eventually. I'm amazed there were single disc releases at all.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2534
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »
Oh sure. Juuust as I'm about to win an eBay auction for Crawling Hand, I Accuse My Parents, and Red Zone Cuba.

No Beginning of the End?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3244
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2018, 12:16:52 PM »
No Beginning of the End?
I sold mine years ago on ebay for more than what I paid for it 8)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2018, 12:21:46 PM »
Just checked the list Lucas posted way back in the day, and yeah. Beginning of the End and Wild World of Batwoman are both missing from that collection. Might be wise to grab them as singles in case they're in danger of suddenly vanishing.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2018, 12:36:21 PM »
Just posted my question on the MST3K store (and you can see their reply on the purchase page). Looks like they were excluded from this set because they're still in print, so it doesn't sound like they'll be vanishing any time soon. (Of course, it doesn't sound like they'll be included in any box sets either, so...)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2018, 07:39:00 PM »
Thanks k1 and Pak!

I've now updated the lists I made to reflect that new/re-release set (and one I'd forgotten to update for set XXIX, so did that too).  I also put links to those lists in the first post of this thread so they are easier for people to find, as I got a little irritated when I was trying to find them and I was the one who wrote them ;) (one was four pages in, the other five or six).  I also added a link to the 'LucasM's Helpful MST3K DVD Set Stuff [Consolidated]' thread of assorted info and projects that I've added here and there to this thread's 17-odd pages.  That way, people joining the Forum later can know they exist, and they are easier to find for anyone who remembers them but didn't want to invest the effort to find them all in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:41:10 PM by LucasM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2018, 07:43:48 PM »
Sorry, didn't really notice before, but I wanted to thank whichever Moderator stickied this thread! :highfive:  Thanks!

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »

I read the link the other day and it didn't occur to me until today. The singles set has Santa Claus Conquers The Martians which was never released as a single.  Rhino released it during the time they had switched to releasing the episodes in volumes as part of a two film set along with Manos: The Hands Of Crap which had already been released as a single, and was why so many had not bought it. Because they already had Manos and they thought that Santa Claus vs would surely turn up in a volume set. I guess this explains why Santa Claus vs was not in the final volume of episodes when they clearly needed a fourth film.

If Shout! Factory is still getting the rights to and rereleasing Rhino releases, then can we assume they are still negotiating for the unreleased films and Amazing Collosal Man? And let's say they managed to pull that off. Would future volume sets be released, or would they forgo that and release the entire series in season sets?