Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 12501 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2015, 01:20:03 PM »
Indeed it did!

By installing windows 10.

I selected uninstall, then it said 'you must restart', and then it restarted into installing Windows 10!

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2015, 02:13:45 PM »
Indeed it did!

By installing windows 10.

I selected uninstall, then it said 'you must restart', and then it restarted into installing Windows 10!

I'm sorry, I didn't do it it myself and the procedure made sense to me.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »
It was pretty weird. My main reason for staying away is Dirty Bomb isn't 'Windows 10' certified. Things seem fine so far, but haven't tried the game yet.

Offline d00hickey

• Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2015, 03:49:35 PM »
I've played Dirty Bomb at least 5 times since the upgrade with no problems.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »
Just did the upgrade on a new laptop the department is giving someone as a retirement gift, chose the option to not keep anything, and it really did wipe out all the bloatware that came installed on the laptop, nice clean looking install without having to do any extra work.

Still getting a freeze after login about every 5th time I turn on my home PC, so far pressing the reset button to reboot has worked every time.  I am so spoiled with that PC, having to wait those extra 25 seconds seems like forever.  ;D

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »
trying to test on Edge and now have the  "This page is having a problem" error, which I can't solve, quite frustrating.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2015, 04:42:38 PM »
Should you wish to uninstall the Windows 10 icon in the bottom-right tray..

Click Programs, in its options select View installed updates. Use the search box in the top right corner of your Window to find KB3035583, which is the name of the update you want to remove. Once this update is displayed, click on it with the right mouse button and select Uninstall. Restart your computer.

I'm not ready to 'upgrade' and I'm sick of those damn popups trying to get me to download and install it!!
 :angry:

Offline d00hickey

• Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »

Click Programs, in its options select View installed updates. Use the search box in the top right corner of your Window to find KB3035583, which is the name of the update you want to remove. Once this update is displayed, click on it with the right mouse button and select Uninstall. Restart your computer.

I'm not ready to 'upgrade' and I'm sick of those damn popups trying to get me to download and install it!!

Be careful, this is exactly what I suggested Bathtub do and it may have forced a Windows 10 install on his system.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2015, 06:56:11 PM »

Be careful, this is exactly what I suggested Bathtub do and it may have forced a Windows 10 install on his system.
So far, so good :o
I'll keep an eye out for that particular update so it doesn't re-download

Offline Gandalf Lundgren

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
  • "You shall not pass, I must break you!"
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2015, 08:31:46 PM »
Serious bug with me. Sometimes Edge will randomly crash & this will make the Edge icon & Start icon inoperable. The only way to fix it is with right click on Start icon & restart the PC. This has happened about six or seven times.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2015, 09:46:40 PM »

Yep, exactly what I did too, it was very weird.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2015, 04:04:17 AM »

Yep, exactly what I did too, it was very weird.
Hmm.. Mine is still Win 7 and the 10 icon is gone.. Maybe I got lucky :o

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »
I was having issues getting updates to download on a couple of laptops I bought to take to Mexico to resell in December for Christmas and the next thing I know, both started installing Windows 10..
Guess I missed that KB3035583 update
I thought about trying to uninstall it but then I started thinking.. These are gonna be resold anyway so why bother..
In fact, I may actually be able to get a few extra Pesos (and Dollars in exchange) for them with the new 10 OS on them. :o

What do you all think?
I mean even though the 10 OS is free, would you pay more for a desktop/laptop with the 10 OS already installed than one with a Windows 7 OS ???

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2015, 04:11:03 PM »
Well, if the internet is as bad as you say it is down in Mexico, it would take forever to download and install windows 10, so people that want 10 might pay a little extra.  maybe?

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2015, 04:15:06 PM »
Well, if the internet is as bad as you say it is down in Mexico, it would take forever to download and install windows 10, so people that want 10 might pay a little extra.  maybe?
Oh yeah, DSL modems are still the norm there.
But a lot of the OSs there are pirated versions so bringing legit Win 10 OS laptops may add some value :-\