Author Topic: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)  (Read 48488 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 536
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
Re: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)
« Reply #480 on: November 15, 2017, 04:34:51 PM »
Totally agree with you 100% LB. I don't know a whole lot about the community but there should always be set rules and boundaries that both parties are mutually agreeable to.

I feel like my Mania is getting out of control now, I keep having to jump around, waving my finger in front of me(Don't ask, it's just a coping mechanism), then hum really loudly inside my head to try and get my mind off what it's currently thinking

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 509
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2017, 06:30:18 PM »
Am I allowed to be annoyed with my fiancee for being a completely insensitive jerk sometimes even when she's stressed out beyond her usual limits and isn't really thinking about the effects of what she's saying? Right now she's in Seattle with a partner/girlfriend/one week stand/whatever. She lives in the UK, this was her first time flying to another country solo, and she has a big fear of crowds and all that, so the trip stressed her out big time. Today, she's been a little down and was talking to me, and brought up that maybe it'd be better for her to move here instead of me moving there, because the US immigration is an easier ask than UK immigration(she says, I've no idea). I tell her that's fine, we can live here, it would give me an excuse to move back to Colorado in the future.

She complains about how we don't have plans to get this stuff sorted, but what she MEANS is that things aren't going fast enough. Right now I'm in school, set to get my RN in a few years, and she's just about to start school, to learn the skills necessary for translation services. I thought we had big goals road mapped out pretty nicely; married this summer, few visits a year in the next 3, and then one of us gets going on a visa to move. She's wanting to move here now, and so she suggests the thing that really annoyed me. She suggested seeing if the person she's with right now, who has a stable job and income and has her life together, would marry her, and then she could move to the US. Aside from the millions of potential ways that won't work, I'm pretty hurt. It legitimately seems like getting married isn't important to her, because she would literally just marry someone to move to the country. Not to mention that it hurts the fuck out of my feelings, saying that she should just marry this person because their life is together.

She was saying a lot of stuff that's potential lead ins to break up territory, too, but I'm not too worried on that front, I think it was more just the stress making her feel overwhelmed at the moment. I did ask if she would rather be marrying the other woman she's with right now, and her response was, "No, I'd rather just marry both of you, or have you both be one person." I'm trying trying trying to take this stuff with a grain of salt and all, but fucking hell, sometimes the stuff she says makes it seem like she doesn't want to be with me.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #482 on: December 10, 2017, 05:14:57 PM »
I'm sad to relay this horrible news, but our great friend and wonderful poster Anais.Butterfly passed away on Friday. Her brother called me today to let me know what happened. I was worried about her but I never expected this. I'm seriously heartbroken right now, and I just know everyone here thinks highly of her because she was the greatest and I will always care about her as one of my dearest friends.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2618
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #483 on: December 10, 2017, 05:20:59 PM »
Oh not, that's incredibly sad to hear.

Thank you for passing it on.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #484 on: December 10, 2017, 05:24:31 PM »
What makes this that much more difficult is that she was going to drive down here and we were going to see the Last Jedi together. She was such a good person and she was only 36, that's way too young to have been taken from us.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #485 on: December 10, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »
Don't know what to say, this is awful news.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #486 on: December 10, 2017, 06:38:57 PM »
I need to find a candle so I can light it for her. Andrea was so humble, but I can at least do that for her. In fact, I've got a lit candle right now, sitting next to me.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3560
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #487 on: December 10, 2017, 09:58:29 PM »
Oh geez. Andrea, I'm so sorry.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4624
« Reply #488 on: December 10, 2017, 10:22:51 PM »
That is so sad.  She was so sweet, and so young.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #489 on: December 10, 2017, 10:32:14 PM »
I know. I knew her for six years and we exchanged messages often, and even met once, and we were planning on meeting again so getting past losing her is going to be extremely tough for me. She was always so wonderful, supportive, and she would tell me all the time how proud she was of me. We were definitely just friends, but we still had a special bond that you can't expect from just any old friendship. She was aware of my mental problems and she always tried to help me in any way she could. 

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3142
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #490 on: December 10, 2017, 10:44:28 PM »
She's been a big part of these forums for a long time. It's not gonna be the same without her.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #491 on: December 11, 2017, 01:30:49 AM »
That's, wow, shocking. So unexpected.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1518
« Reply #492 on: December 11, 2017, 06:08:25 AM »
She will definitely be missed. I always appreciated what she had to say.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5675
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #493 on: December 11, 2017, 06:38:54 AM »
Sorry to hear about that. I actually got to meet her once, a few years ago. She came to one of the Quiptracks showings when I was visiting them in Colorado.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 509
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #494 on: December 11, 2017, 06:51:10 AM »
Sorry to hear about that. I actually got to meet her once, a few years ago. She came to one of the Quiptracks showings when I was visiting them in Colorado.

I met her a couple of times for the same reasons. Completely unexpected and a bit of a gut shot.