login

Author Topic: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)  (Read 54745 times)

soguru

Re: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2015, 11:11:13 PM »
Maybe...but it makes mine a ghost town.   :highfive:
You're far too modest buddy man. :)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1644
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2015, 07:58:40 PM »
House and car are mountains.  8)
Does that make my wallet Fort Knox?

Maybe...but it makes mine a ghost town.   :highfive:

My heart is a ghost town
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

soguru

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2015, 12:34:55 AM »
In other news... I don't like to feel sorry for myself. I don't want people to pity me or anything, i just want people to see the good in me. My life is just such a mess. How the hell am I ever supposed to be in any kind of relationship when I have to explain the part about still living with my parents and might be doing just that for the foreseeable future? I mean, I think a lot more of myself than I used to dear friends, but I also still have confidence issues. I also have... I eat when I get depressed... I try to fill the void with food. Obviously that's not healthy. I just wish I could get out more and hang out with people more often. The problem is that town is 25 miles away... and mom and dad aren't the most hearty of company, seeing as how they're both in their late 60's now. That leads me to another thing. There's this dark road I travel in my mind a lot of times. It's a morbid, macabre road. There's this sick part of me that makes me think about death and loss and that terribly melancholic music that plays at the moment you realize the most important people or person in your life are gone and you're never getting them back.

I think I need to start going back to my support group.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2015, 07:10:16 AM »
I feel so different and outside of normal society that I keep wondering why I want "normal" things, like friends, a husband, and to get higher on the company ladder. I am not a freak...I am just stuck outside of societal norms.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »
I absolutely hate one of the meds they put me on in the hospital. Its making me hungry all the time and gain weight, plus it's not super effective. swing and a miss. The ativan works though.

soguru

« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »
Speaking of, I'm currently still on my meds. I'm going to my doctor tomorrow because i think I really need to change my meds. I kind of like one certain tranquilizer better because it at least helps stabilize me without affecting other aspects of my personality.

soguru

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2015, 03:34:42 PM »
OKay, I got some samples of something called Latuda and I know it's only been a couple days, but I'm starting to have more positive feelings lately, more positive than anything I've had in a long time. I've got this certain feeling of lightness that's making life seem much more colorful and enjoyable than it used to be.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2015, 07:24:31 PM »
OKay, I got some samples of something called Latuda and I know it's only been a couple days, but I'm starting to have more positive feelings lately, more positive than anything I've had in a long time. I've got this certain feeling of lightness that's making life seem much more colorful and enjoyable than it used to be.

I know several people on that, and they really enjoy it.

soguru

« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2015, 07:46:02 PM »
I know several people on that, and they really enjoy it.
Too bad I just have samples. :( My insurance would have to pre-auth it because they might not pay for it.

UncleDesIsBack

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2015, 09:29:24 AM »
I've realized that most of my personal issues are due to the fact that my mood swings a lot during the day, but I don't have a root cause. Most people are a lot more stable than I am.

Any thoughts?

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2015, 03:03:32 PM »
You're crazy.  :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2015, 03:06:34 PM »
I've realized that most of my personal issues are due to the fact that my mood swings a lot during the day, but I don't have a root cause. Most people are a lot more stable than I am.

Any thoughts?

I think that's true of a lot of people.  A lot of us seem to be neurotic with no apparent cause.  Maye it's normal to be neurotic, at least in the world in which we currently live. :o
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2015, 03:09:59 PM »
At the one month mark of getting off clonazepam. Been an adventure.  :o
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

UncleDesIsBack

« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2015, 05:37:17 AM »
At the one month mark of getting off clonazepam. Been an adventure.  :o
After what you said, I was really worried for you, but you seem to be OK...ish(?),

soguru

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
clonazePAM(that's how it's capitalized on my RX bottle anyway) has helped me with my episodes of mania a bit, but it mostly helps me from getting too anxious. The Latuda has been helping me with my major depressive emotions at the deep end of my BP. The anxiety/mania is like the height and the depression is like the low... or something. BP just confuses me so much. It's starting to raise my BP(the other BP)!  :o