Author Topic: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)  (Read 54858 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2015, 04:32:56 AM »
Have you ever read Carlos Castaneda?
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

soguru

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2015, 11:29:08 AM »
Have you ever read Carlos Castaneda?
No, why?

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »
Went out tonight. The fact that the local Smash tourneys take place at a bar is nice for my self medication. I got knocked out and drank till I thought about giving the bartender my number, remembered I'm taken, and called my ride.

I'll probably massively pay for this tomorrow. I feel massively guilty about being all horny and wanting physical when I'm a "married" woman... The worst part is that I know Bas, and I'd I asked, he'd agree to letting me have one night stands occasionally, but it'd kill him. And then I thought about him, and our planned children, our little house that we both want so much and the dogs that I'd bully him into, and I felt so warm and amazing. And then I remembered how I felt today, when I realized that i never had thought that a man would see me as anything but a fetish, and how amazing and wonderful it is to have a man who loves me enough that he tells me that nothing about my transiton matters to him; he always considered me a woman and will always consider me that.

soguru

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2015, 01:47:49 AM »
Miku Fan? Still waiting on you to explain why I should have read Castaneda.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2015, 02:16:06 AM »
I saw some video on youtube where he was quoted and it reminded me a lot of what you were talking about.  A lot of people have read those books, so I thought I'd ask you if you have.   
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2015, 05:54:09 AM »
And then I remembered how I felt today, when I realized that i never had thought that a man would see me as anything but a fetish, and how amazing and wonderful it is to have a man who loves me enough that he tells me that nothing about my transiton matters to him; he always considered me a woman and will always consider me that.

That's wonderful! He sounds like an A+ guy!  :highfive:
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

soguru

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2015, 11:35:58 AM »
I saw some video on youtube where he was quoted and it reminded me a lot of what you were talking about.  A lot of people have read those books, so I thought I'd ask you if you have.
Ahhhhh... interesting. I seem to remember him being referenced in an episode of MST3K once?

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2015, 05:32:17 PM »
I'm sure you did, yes.  I can't remember which one(s), but it's a fairly common pop-psychology/pop-culture reference. 
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

soguru

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2015, 06:59:29 PM »
I remember now, it was Pumaman! PUMAMAN!

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2015, 11:14:05 PM »
I really love Bas. I has a pretty good day, and he decided to start talking about our plans for a future wedding to cheer me up. I was extremely obvious what he was doing, but every time I think about being with him and starting s family, it helps a million.

soguru

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
I really love Bas. I has a pretty good day, and he decided to start talking about our plans for a future wedding to cheer me up. I was extremely obvious what he was doing, but every time I think about being with him and starting s family, it helps a million.
Good for you! I could only dream of being in a similar situation some day with a family of my own.

UncleDesIsBack

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2015, 06:12:31 PM »
For any of you young people struggling with depression - take it from me as an old git that it actually gets BETTER with age. I still have my dark days, but nowhere near as bad as it was in my youth.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2015, 06:34:17 PM »
I don't know what to do anymore... I don't feel like I have enough time to become able to do the functions required for me to work right now. My support group leader says that I should apply for disability assistance and that he thinks I'd definitely qualify. The problem I run into for that is that for me, and I mean ME specifically, it feels like a defeat. But right now I don't know what else to do.

UncleDesIsBack

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »
I don't know what to do anymore... I don't feel like I have enough time to become able to do the functions required for me to work right now. My support group leader says that I should apply for disability assistance and that he thinks I'd definitely qualify. The problem I run into for that is that for me, and I mean ME specifically, it feels like a defeat. But right now I don't know what else to do.
The only permanent defeat is the final one we all get. All others are temporary. Take this as a respite and a chance to regroup.

soguru

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2015, 07:15:19 PM »
Since I don't get much money I was able to easily apply for and get Medicaid and Food Stamps. I also applied for Monetary Assistance from the state... but I backed out of that for personal reasons, plus I was applying for SSI and if I was approved I would have to pay back all the monetary assistance, which I wasn't exactly keen on doing. It's all about getting your medical records and having them in order. Go to doctors, but more specifically, psychiatrists, psychologists, whatever, get diagnosed and make sure to get your records. Keep copies for yourself, and get your paperwork submitted, fax is in my experience the best method. In my state, you have a case worker. Once you fill out all the paperwork, eventually they'll ask you to fill out some more paperwork. It may take quite a while to get disability or SSI. For some people it can take quite a long time.

My intent is not to discourage, it's just to paint a realistic picture of the time frame that I've heard from other people and seen for myself. Just be patient with the system.