login

Author Topic: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)  (Read 47365 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 488
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)
« Reply #540 on: April 23, 2019, 09:19:41 PM »
So, I went on a date with another person today, which is cool, and everyone involved knows about each other, fiancée, partner, me, all good.

I'm just worried that me dating a 23 year old is a little on the low side for me. It's only a 5 year difference, but idk how my friends and family might take that. We have another date Sunday, she's coming over and we're gonna hang out and cook and watch Netflix and shit. I don't have an issue with it, she's cute as hell, I like her, we did some making out in my car that was awesome, I just worry I look like a creep.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #541 on: May 05, 2019, 03:28:14 AM »
Fiancee and I are going through a rough patch... We're taking a week away from each other to try and make sure we're on solid footing relationship. She's been worried lately that she's just in it for the fact that it's what's comfortable,rather than being in the relationship because she cares about me romantically. I think that a big part of it is that her depression has ramped up, and she needs a med adjustment. I wish there was something I could do to make this right, but it really is just a hurry up and wait situation. I asked multiple times if it has to do with me dating again, and she says it's not. I just have some worries on that back from when I was dating Bas; the way he dumped me was by first suggesting we try an open relationship as a way to spare my feelings. I trust her completely, but there is that depressed part of me that says "You're going to lose her, and there's nothing you can do." I don't want to lose my wife; I'm scared and really want someone to comfort me but I've been working and my girlfriend has been busy. At least I'm seeing her tonight. , hopefully that helps me feel like I'm back in decent footing until the rug is yanked out under me.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #542 on: May 10, 2019, 09:48:32 PM »
I feel like this is becoming the Lesbunny bitching thread, but here goes

So... This week has been a doozy...Had an issue with one of the girls I'm seeing because I've been having an overactive libido. That got resolved but now I'm acutely aware of my hyper sex drive and it's frustrating, because it's starting to feel like no one finds me attractive or whatever. Ended my 2 year long engagement, because I wanted kids and she didnt, but had resolved to still date her...  until she decided that she didn't want to be with me any more because she didn't want to be poly anymore. Rationally, I understand, and I get it... But I'm still fucking pissed because it reminds me a lot of my first fiance who strung me along for two weeks, and I just know that she's going to end up dating this girl who had told her I was an abusive prick... Then yesterday I didn't get to nap before work and so I was fucking awake for 24 hours... Thank fuck it's my last school+work day...

Idk, I try to see positives and shit, but this week is killing me... Then next week is finals for both me and the one girl I'm currently seeing, so I won't see her again for a while, and I'm really starting to fall for her. I'm shattered, friendos.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 515
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2019, 06:19:30 PM »
So, I went on a date with another person today, which is cool, and everyone involved knows about each other, fiancée, partner, me, all good.

I'm just worried that me dating a 23 year old is a little on the low side for me. It's only a 5 year difference, but idk how my friends and family might take that. We have another date Sunday, she's coming over and we're gonna hang out and cook and watch Netflix and shit. I don't have an issue with it, she's cute as hell, I like her, we did some making out in my car that was awesome, I just worry I look like a creep.
Lesbunny you two are consenting adults so there's absolutely no reason for anybody to judge you. I understand how you might think an age difference might worry you, but she's over 18 so IMO you have no reason to worry about anyone thinking you're a creep or creepy. (Sorry I took so long to reply by the way)

Over the past four years I have been on a journey of self-improvement. It has been a long journey, and honestly? I can say with roughly 100% certainty I have improved a lot over the past four years. I have to thank my therapist, because she is the one that taught me that I needed to have better restraint on the words that come out of my damn mouth.

The irony is that when there was the break up with some... friends I had way back in mid-2015, even though one of them tried to intimidate me with a very nasty email I felt that something about me needed changing. So in a way, I owe a debt of gratitude to the jackasses that ended our relationship on a very sour note. If not for them, I might not have ever felt the need to change myself in a way where someone can look at me now and say "Yeah, that guy's alright."

It has been a long and painful journey, but totally worth it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:47:43 PM by Russoguru »

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #544 on: July 17, 2019, 05:10:38 AM »
Can I just say it fucking sucks knowing that I can't get pregnant? Because it does. dysphoria is hitting me like a mother fucker today.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 515
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #545 on: July 17, 2019, 03:32:44 PM »
Can I just say it fucking sucks knowing that I can't get pregnant? Because it does. dysphoria is hitting me like a mother fucker today.
I’m so sorry Lesbunny.  I can’t imagine how that feels . :'(