login

Author Topic: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)  (Read 33689 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3007
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)
« Reply #495 on: December 11, 2017, 07:11:05 AM »
I got to talk to her a few times back when she worked at Dish about my late wife's satellite bill issues she was having at that time and she was a trip to talk to!
Did anyone else ever get to request an order of her homemade bacon-chocolate chip cookies?? They were so awesome!
*sigh* I hate that she will never get to hang out with us on the forum ever again :'(

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 100
« Reply #496 on: December 11, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
You're telling me. It's going to take a while for me to get over this. Even my Grandmother's death didn't hit me as hard as Andrea's, if that tells you anything. You also don't expect somebody like Andrea to be gone from all our lives just like that. In some ways she was emotionally distant, but that doesn't mean we didn't share a lot of laughs. She got me into Archer, the Dandy Warhols, and she truly valued me both as a friend and a human being. You truly couldn't ask for a better friend.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3902
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #497 on: December 11, 2017, 04:26:16 PM »
Shit.  Wow.  She was one of my favourite folks on these forums.  Its going to take a while to actually process the reality that she's gone.  I was excited that she recently came back to the forums and am gutted that she's no longer with us.

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3675
« Reply #498 on: December 19, 2017, 03:06:59 PM »
Looking through the schedule for Magfest (gaming and music convention) and I'm finding quite a few psychology-based seminars.

Online Lesbunny

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 47
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2017, 04:28:44 PM »
I'm in an open relationship. Hana has multiple partners and it doesn't bother me at all. Why the hell do I feel guilty for liking this one girl I've been friends with for a while.

Online Lesbunny

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 47
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #500 on: January 11, 2018, 09:10:07 PM »
Whirlwind of emotions tonight. Girl I've been interested in seemingly broke up with her girlfriend. I felt guilty because my first reaction was "How long do I have to wait before saying 'How you doin'?" Then I go through the rollercoaster of how I'm completely socially inept, and how I've asked out maybe 2-3 people over my entire life. One of them, I got drunk as fuck on gin and just said fuck it, you're a cool dude, I want to lick your peepee. One of them was a guy I asked out via email, because I'm a fucking coward, but I don't know if I can really count that one, because fucking god it was so lame. Then the last one, the relationship I'm currently in, started while I was fucking lying about who I was because the first time I chatted with this girl I acted like a complete bitch. So yeah, I'm not exactly great at that thing. Then there's the part where I'm just all like well, maybe she already KNOWS, because, if you've been around me for any stretch of time, you know that I am not exactly a subtle person when it comes to my feelings about someone. If she KNOWS I'm interested in her, then would me messaging her to see if she's ok about the break up be seen as me being all like... predatory, but not in the sense of like oh baby she fries my bacon, but more along the lines of sharks and blood in the water all that. Opportunistic, I guess. But if that's the case, how can I chat her up more, especially since 90% of our interactions are comment chains? If I do something other than that, will I look suspicious? Then I finally work up the courage to type out a message to her and be like, eyy bbz u ok?, pop up the facebook to do it, BOOM, they're not actually broken up, just had a drama llama flounce through.

So basically I went from hopeful>scumbag>what's the point>wait what if she's guessed?!>I'm gonna do it>no, I'm really gonna do it>well fuck, guess I CAN'T do it now

All in the space of like 30 minutes. How you guys doing?

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 100
« Reply #501 on: January 11, 2018, 09:43:21 PM »
You're talking some very complicated emotional issues here LB. As much as I want to help in some way I'm not good at relationships so I would not feel comfortable giving advice.