Top 50 Hammer Films
0 (0%)
Top 50 Laurel and Hardy Films
7 (43.8%)
Top 50 Soldiers
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: July 23, 2019, 09:49:01 AM

Author Topic: Vote for the List of Crap #118  (Read 1025 times)

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 245
Re: Vote for the List of Crap #118
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2019, 01:26:46 PM »
Even though I won't be participating, I'm actually thrilled to see Laurel and Hardy make the cut. It took determination to see it lose by just a little bit less every time you submitted it and keep going, even though it took a couple years.

I agree. You gotta respect that kind of determination. I began watching some L&H out of respect for that.

Plus I am into silent comedy. Especially Keaton, Lloyd, and select Langdon, and the duo had their feet in both the silents and the talkies. So I was like, "I probably should watch more of them since they're in my wheelhouse."

Also - I too am curious to know what Laurel solo films you saw Johnny. The few I caught were, well, not so hot. I felt pre-team Hardy fared better, probably because he was often working with Charlie Chase and Leo McCarey in their short comedies. I also caught him in a couple Our Gang shorts. So he was often in a better class of film, with stronger directors, actors, and what not.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2019, 05:16:00 PM »
I abstained from voting as I don't have a list in me for any of those.

Enjoy your list though, folks.
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2019, 08:02:09 AM »
I'm glad Laurel & Hardy won finally. It looks like there is enough interest in the Fictional Badasses list, so I'll submit that one next time.