login

Author Topic: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 575
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:25:41 AM by Henry88 »
for the best riffers of the age got to
 www.robotco-op.com

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6532
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Jurassic World 2 (2018)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »
just so long as it's got the proper footwear:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_RZi6NCuLbQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_RZi6NCuLbQ</a>
dF = 0
d*F = J

soguru

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 08:47:54 PM »
I've got absolutely no problem with her wearing heels throughout the movie. I would be perfectly fine with her to be wearing high heels in the next movie too.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5004
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:52:06 PM »
She was running around in mud and soft dirt. I don't know how that is even physically possible in heels.

soguru

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 08:53:25 PM »
She was running around in mud and soft dirt. I don't know how that is even physically possible in heels.
Don't you see though? her ability to do such a thing vastly increases her... appeal.  ;D

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »
Don't you see though? her ability to do such a thing vastly increases her... appeal.  ;D
No, it's just shitty filmmaking.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1219
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 10:07:18 PM »

I think his point is going over your head
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

soguru

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 11:12:38 PM »
Possibly, but I'll overlook that in favor of Bryce Dallas Howard any day. She's just too damn foxy. And maybe that explains how she outfoxed the T-Rex.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1381
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 05:44:11 AM »
Yup, a woman being attractive is much more important than accuracy (or her safety).

Heels are stupid, and when I am a dictator, only drag queens may use them (if they want. They don't have to).
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 06:19:54 AM »
My point was that Chris Pratt's character was actually making a valid point, for her own safety. And it was just ignored because the movie apparently wanted to send a "girl power" message, but was doing it ineptly.

And I would vote for you, Anais, on an "abolish heels" platform. Especially if you included corsets in that. I've never been in favor of a lot of the torture devices women wear.

soguru

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »
Yup, a woman being attractive is much more important than accuracy (or her safety).
Heels are stupid, and when I am a dictator, only drag queens may use them (if they want. They don't have to).
Why is everybody trying to make me feel bad?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6532
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 11:29:06 AM »

… because you're being a sexist asshole who only values women for their appearance?
dF = 0
d*F = J

soguru

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »
… because you're being a sexist asshole who only values women for their appearance?
Thanks for that. You know what?  I don't need that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:38:03 AM by Soguru »

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1381
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »

Soguru, me expressing my opinion in opposition to you is not an attempt to make you feel bad. You take things too personally.

If I wanted to make you feel bad, I would say "Your music is bad and you should feel bad" /zoidberg
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

soguru

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 11:42:10 AM »
Soguru, me expressing my opinion in opposition to you is not an attempt to make you feel bad. You take things too personally.
If I wanted to make you feel bad, I would say "Your music is bad and you should feel bad" /zoidberg
After everything that's happened and my deep seated self-consciousness that I'm not sure I can do anything about, damn right I take things personally. I was expressing an opinion about something. If somebody doesn't like it, they have a right to say so. But there is a line between disagreeing with me and just making me feel like a jerk for my opinion.