Author Topic: Sharknado II - LIVE!  (Read 8715 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
Re: Sharknado II - LIVE!
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 05:18:39 PM »
I always had a decent opinion of Ian Ziering, he usually seemed pretty decent and I honestly don't think his acting in these movies are that bad (compared to Tara Reed's), I mean given what he has to work with, I'd say he does alright.  I suspect he was a fan of MST3K back in the day and has a decent enough humor about these movies to enjoy the riffing.

Something I noticed:

In the past Live! shows during the opening animation the Satellite of Love isn't present when the "camera" pans up from Gargamel chasing the Na'vi from "Avatar."  (the SoL used to be only present in the VODs) In this live show the SoL was in the sky where she should be. :)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 05:27:12 PM »
It also flashed the secret QR code on the screen.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 06:31:03 PM »
I don't have bad feelings or thoughts about any of the actors in any of the movies that get riffed, either here, or back at MST3K . I'm grateful to them for making me laugh.  If I bumped into Ian or Tara on the street, I'd want to give them a high five and thank them.

:highfive: Thank you both for the hilarious movies!

They made a couple cheesy movies, and they know it.  They know these movies are supposed to make people laugh, and they do make people laugh.  That makes them successful comedians, in my view. :D

Any rude comments I made/make about them or any riffed actor on this forum, is simply a form of riffing.  It's never my actual opinion. Well, there are two exceptions: One is a alleged "composer," and the other is an alleged director.  Both of those bastards can sod off.  Apart from that, I like everyone in every movie ever riffed.  They are part of two of my favorite things in life: Cheesy movies and riffing on cheesy movies.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 07:54:45 PM »
Something I noticed:

In the past Live! shows during the opening animation the Satellite of Love isn't present when the "camera" pans up from Gargamel chasing the Na'vi from "Avatar."  (the SoL used to be only present in the VODs) In this live show the SoL was in the sky where she should be. :)

They've said before that there was a mix-up in the first few live shows with the theme song where they got an older copy of the animation. Looks like they finally fixed it.

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 08:19:14 PM »
I always had a decent opinion of Ian Ziering, he usually seemed pretty decent and I honestly don't think his acting in these movies are that bad (compared to Tara Reed's), I mean given what he has to work with, I'd say he does alright.  I suspect he was a fan of MST3K back in the day and has a decent enough humor about these movies to enjoy the riffing.

I seem to remember he made a pretty funny appearance as himself along with Brian Austin Green in the 2005 Tony Scott movie Domino, which I'm pretty sure nobody but me remembers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421054/

Ian Ziering at least escaped from playing Testiclees in a series of sequels to the 300 parody The Legend of Awesomest Maximus:

www.imdb.com/name/nm0005575/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:24:21 PM by MightyBombJack »

Offline DrAstroZoom

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 09:52:44 PM »
I saw the show in the Belcourt.   The AC was broken.  It was sweltering!  Went last summer, and it was fine.  This time, it was a steam bath.  DAMN, it was hot in there.

I really enjoyed this riff.  I watched Sharknado 2 a couple weeks ago, to prep myself- I was one of the guest riff-writers.
"The NEW Hero on the Hudson, Captain Soiley Pantsenberger"  was my joke.

I didn't think I'd laugh much, having watched the movie 2 weeks ago.   But, with the guys riffing on it, I thought it was hilarious.  Some of Tara Reid's facial expressions were absolutely bizarre, and therefore,  hilarious.  Same with Ian.  It was a lot of fun, and a lot of laughs!  I loved it.

Apart from nearly collapsing from heat exhaustion --my God!  How did Bill Stand there in a freaking suit?!--   it was great! They had sharks flying around the theater, which was fun. They gave one to my sister after the show.  It's right beside me as I type!

I  must tell  you- if they do another kickstarter, and you can afford the VIP experience, but don't think it's worth it...you're nuts.  It was a Rifftrax  party!  WHAT A BLAST!  Two days of fun with almost all of the Rifftrax crew.  They were SO nice to us, it was insane!

Thank you, Rifftrax, all of you!  Every single person was super nice to me,  including the Rifftrax fans I met at the show. 
Sharknado 2 was a complete success, from my perspective.  I loved it!

So ... hot ... So very hot.  I wonder if Bill slipped ice packs in his jacket. I swear we got mild heatstroke. 

That said, it was a blast, and we made cool new friends!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2015, 12:37:51 PM »
This is the first rifftrax live show I missed on purpose. For reasons mentioned above by many. I'll probably get the VOD though.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2015, 03:33:59 PM »
I'm going to the rebroadcast this week.  I hope you change your mind and go to the rebroadcast. ;)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2015, 05:36:06 PM »
I'm going to ditto showing too.  I actually recommend it. It's funny, certainly not their best work, but one will still get a laugh out of it.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 09:13:05 PM »
I thought the show was really funny. I got the script that was emailed to those who emailed the email address. Really love going thru that. I'm trying to find the one joke about Harry Bailey saving those men from It's A Wonderful Life. Anyone able to find it? I've read thru the first half hour (which is where I thought it was riffed) but couldn't find it.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 01:49:29 PM »
I couldn't find the joke you were looking for.  If you can remember any of the words used in the joke, try Ctrl+F  and type those words into the search box.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2015, 01:50:25 PM »
Rebroadcast is tomorrow night!  Last chance to see my acting debut! :highfive:
Oh, and the movie is really funny, too...
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »
enbumpenning   :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline J Garth Wilcox

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2015, 02:31:20 PM »
Just staying at home tonight not being bitter about the lack of Canadian showing. Not bitter at all.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2015, 08:15:45 PM »
Enjoyed the second showing as much as the first. :) 

The Jared joke was just too much. :lol:

Hey, I've a question, when they're using the tow-cord to get from the taxi to the.... limbo.  What was the cord anchored to? Ian tosses the cord over a.... horizontal bar somewhere between the cab and limbo and then people start swinging over the gap. But the other end of the rope isn't anchored to anything, no one is tied to it, Ian didn't even grab the other end and played the anchor from the hood of the car.  So as soon as what's his name tried jumping over he should have instantly fallen into the water.